Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Not a super fan, but I'll say I enjoy kaiju when I watch them

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

facialimpediment posted:

Correct.

Also, check out what Philly PD is trying to make us believe from that shooting last night:

https://twitter.com/SharifaJackson/status/1544167574837100544?t=t_xlEtYz8aUjrA8NlVqkGA&s=19

https://twitter.com/6abcDan/status/1544175887771467776?t=RzaMB4CFKFBwmkSrlTFdyg&s=19

It's not enough to tell the truth that "cops got ambushed, didn't hear the shots, and everyone got loving lucky", it's instead time to print unconfirmed police union copaganda that police hats are like bullet dreamcatchers

From the look of that bullet, I bet it wasn't even aimed - I bet this is somebody shooting a gun up in the air instead of fireworks. It happens all the time in St Louis and somebody always ends up getting hit by either the wrong angle or the bullet coming back down.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Arrath posted:

It's chilling to me to imagine that that could easily be a string of tracers instead of fireworks.
This. To terrorize people like that on a day where there were already six dead and dozens wounded in one mass shooting, it's a shame no one put these fuckers in the ground. Hard to tell until after the attack has stopped whether they're just using the fireworks to distract from gunfire, best to assume the worst. And it's not like fireworks aren't lethal weapons themselves.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 5, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yeah, I'd rather have my homie Nakano under my hat. Sigh...no other Godzilla fans here? CRUSTY MINGE don't leave me hanging!

It's been a long time since I watched Godzilla movies. Like, around the time the puff daddy song godzilla came out.

I should remedy that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's been a long time since I watched Godzilla movies. Like, around the time the puff daddy song godzilla came out.

I should remedy that.

Very much so. If you have HBO Max, they actually have a ton, including a lot that Nakano did work on. Also if you don't have HBO Max...I can help out. :)

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 5, 2022

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I was legitimately surprised how many Godzilla movies HBO Max had. Those were a staple of many childhood sleepovers. Those were great to watch and then play with your godzilla toys and Transformers and GI Joes.

I miss the simpleness, naivete, and innocence I had that time.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Bored As gently caress posted:

I was legitimately surprised how many Godzilla movies HBO Max had. Those were a staple of many childhood sleepovers. Those were great to watch and then play with your godzilla toys and Transformers and GI Joes.

The wife and I did a Godzilla marathon for the 4th.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ASAPI posted:

You're all putting huge smiles on my face right now. :) 1970s Godzilla is just Godzilla being a bro for humanity and helping out, it's a huge face turn over time. lol

I will always love puppy dog Goji from Megalon. Hell even had the WTC art of Megalon and Godzilla fighting on top for my 6th Birthday. Now I get/got to see my son (and when she was younger) daughter love Godzilla. It rules.

I can actually explain the reason HBO has so many. It's due to some existing distribution deal with Criterion (it's also on there), and Criterion licensed the entire Showa series (1954-1975) and put it out on BR, but they also had TV/Streaming rights.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 5, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/AmandaVinicky/status/1544420677096460289?t=1DXdFqnT73wmVoz-yC3UeA&s=19

Pretty clear that all the locals, mental health folks, family members, and staties didn't have a loving clue about what purestrain, distilled internet with a dash of 4chan and the 2nd amendment can do to someone like Bobby Crimes. They took his steel NOW EVERYONE MUST DIE [epic le meme] etc

Edit: like any internet-knower can basically tell you that this is loving bad news when taken even close to collectively and it's time to drop whatever hammer you have in close proximity:

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1544431454536564741?t=jDLENwNyY3uhVS5Ptv3J2A&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 5, 2022

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

If you (or anyone else) likes that Godzilla stuff be sure to check out Ultra Q, a monster of the week TV show with a lot of the same special effects guys as the Toho Godzilla stuff. Super charming miniatures and special effects. The blu rays are gorgeous.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Sounds like bojo might be done, chancellor and sechealth both resigned saying he has no integrity

Place bets on ousting date folks

I'm calling next Monday

E: lol gently caress while I was typing that his solicitor general just resigned

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sounds like bojo might be done, chancellor and sechealth both resigned saying he has no integrity

I'm calling next Monday

E: lol gently caress while I was typing that his solicitor general just resigned

I think you may be right but he'll stay in longer than decorum demands. Holy heck Queen is gonna get to live through the term of yet another PM.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Does this mean that the Student Union "free speech" bill is dead?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Isn't he technically immune from a vote of no confidence since they just had an election a little while ago? Lol if he just decides to squat 10 Downing even if the rest of his government bails.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Isn't he technically immune from a vote of no confidence since they just had an election a little while ago? Lol if he just decides to squat 10 Downing even if the rest of his government bails.

Technically yes but the BBC just addressed this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-62048657 posted:

Change the rules: There has been speculation the rules could be changed, so that Conservative MPs can hold another vote in Johnson's leadership sooner.

When asked about it, Sir Graham Brady MP, the chairman the 1922 Committee, said "technically, it's possible".

Cabinet pressure: Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid believe their resignations are necessary to force Johnson to resign.

Parliamentary motion of no confidence: A ballot where all MPs - not just Conservatives - get to vote has been proposed by Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey.

But the government would need to agree to make time in Parliament to hold such a vote and it would need to be brought by Labour.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ASAPI posted:

Amazing sexual euphemism

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Technically yes but the BBC just addressed this:

Technically, the British parliament can outlaw gravity because there is no constitutional limitation or prior restraint on their authority.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D. posted:

Technically, the British parliament can outlaw gravity because there is no constitutional limitation or prior restraint on their authority.

Enforcement could be tricky.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Amazing sexual euphemism

That's what she said....

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

Enforcement could be tricky.

They'd just hand out fines to everyone caught obeying a deprecated law.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

drat YOU, FOREST GUMP

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Gun culture means sponsoring your son for guns three months after he threatens to kill a member / members of your family and gets his knives/sword confiscated:

https://twitter.com/monicaeng/status/1544464578909708289

Edit: And what drives me nuts about Democratic Leadership right now is that they're not driving home what to do to fight back (it's a lot of vote harder). Like "Hey, qualify for as many ballot initiatives as you can with the time allotted, and if not, your next chances are x y z if we've lost your faith."

So Michigan has a bunch of progressive-friendly ballot initiatives that you need to collect 425K signatures to get on the 2022 General ballot for. I signed the batches like ~3 months ago picking up prescriptions and one's to codify Roe in the state constitution. And so, a few weeks after Roe died:

https://twitter.com/samueljrob/status/1544484488247447553

And that's how you loving fight back *and* make sure you're avoiding an on-alert elections commission wary about fraudulent signature sheets. Tell people what to do! They're angry and they'll do it!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 6, 2022

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
No you see the correct tactic is to screech and send out millions or letters, texts, and emails begging for money BECAUSE THIS IS GONNA BE THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVER.

DON'T LET THE NRA WIN
DONT LET ROE V WADE GO DOWN
GIVE US MONEY

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVrogZOJzA

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
220 killed over the weekend lmao.

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm calling next Monday

All I know is I was watching this news report and got to see them let a cat into #10 Downing in the background of the 2 reporters talking.

5:57-6:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh5camOv-00&t=363s

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Scuffy_1989 posted:

All I know is I was watching this news report and got to see them let a cat into #10 Downing in the background of the 2 reporters talking.

5:57-6:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh5camOv-00&t=363s

Do you normally get excited when a credentialed employee is granted access to their workplace?

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

A.o.D. posted:

Do you normally get excited when a credentialed employee is granted access to their workplace?

When he's the Chief Mouser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8yb_f1hBY

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Perhaps the concept of a capable employee in that building was cause for surprise and celebration?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

That would be good riddance. Let us be so lucky.

loving take a note Biden.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://twitter.com/JimJournalist/status/1544668907319033859

Cross that off the list of things to see

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

The only reason to visit has now occurred.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rebuild it with a statue of Sherman that also breathes fire every six hours. So basically Godzilla Sherman The Statue.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Rebuild it with a statue of Sherman that also breathes fire every six hours. So basically Godzilla Sherman The Statue.

:hellyeah:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:hai:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Best 4th of July fireworks video that I've seen in 10 years:

https://twitter.com/new_orleansjazz/status/1544490105636671488?t=nc6ruL8WVp38OlzweNTq0g&s=19

you gotta put it in the chute

And from 10 years ago (warning: loud)

https://youtu.be/ndVhgq1yHdA

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
That escalated very quickly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

That escalated very quickly.

e: wait i saw it wrong - it's basically a large bottle rocket stuck in the mud that then sets off all the fireworks that were behind the car.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Love that video. Would love it even more if their insurance company got their hands on it when they go to file a claim.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yes.

Honestly we could use fire breathing Uncle Billy statues set up at all the borders of all southern/northern boundary states. Just slap one up at every interstate and highway state border crossing, facing south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Love that video. Would love it even more if their insurance company got their hands on it when they go to file a claim.

gently caress the insurance company, they should still pay out.