Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's been fourteen years since the first trailer was released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nh6qcfSEg4
It's not gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

you'd think that making a sequel to a cult classic zelda clone would be a pretty straightforwards process, and yet

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, I think 100% it got rebooted again when Ancel left.

Is Ancel the guy the person who wrote up a fake interview of himself by Jade when he got outed as a sex pest

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vermain posted:

you'd think that making a sequel to a cult classic zelda clone would be a pretty straightforwards process, and yet

I mean you have to spend a significant part of that time making an open world GTA that no one asked for that no one is sure whether sequel or prequel

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Arrrthritis posted:

Is Ancel the guy the person who wrote up a fake interview of himself by Jade when he got outed as a sex pest
i don't think a sex pest but just a lovely abusive boss IIRC and someone who didn't care if sexual harassment was happening under his watch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But also yes he did do that

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Ubisoft happy to announce that you can make your very own ape character in Beyond Good & Evil 2 and own it as an NFT

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it's not even a big IP to draw in people thirsty for the next thing in the franchise, they havent effectively marketed anything, i dont get why theyre even invoking the original. not precious about it, barely remember the game at this point, and nobody ever speaks fondly about its world or characters or anything specific about it... but it's just odd the see a billion dollar game outfit throwing money at it for so long when if they announced today they were cancelling it and just making a new thing or maybe another assassin's creed, nobody would give a poo poo. even clickbait sites could barely be bothered sensationalizing "sex pests' disastrous project that nobody gives a poo poo about, mercy killed."

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

beyond good & evil was a pretty solid game with an absolutely banger soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlrIRahS81A

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it’s a textbook cult classic. The fan base is eternal but not particularly large and there’s no reason to believe it can be grown short of actually releasing a new game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh hey I was just wondering about this game the other day. I was thinking it was quietly canceled. Its been two years since the official website has had any updates.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
bubisoft erotic visual novel Beyond Good in Evil

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally, my new PC is fixed and ready to Gamer out.

...would I be a lesser Gamer if I turned off the RGB lights, though?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The worst thing about a Beyond Good and Evil sequel is that the first game straight up did not need one except to answer what the heck happened in the twenty-second cut-scene shown after the credits. If that after-credits moment hadn't existed I feel like most people would have been extremely cool with the game being a one-off adventure.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Finally, my new PC is fixed and ready to Gamer out.

...would I be a lesser Gamer if I turned off the RGB lights, though?

Yes, only when fully basked in the glow of LEDs can one achieve full gaming nirvana

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

SeXReX posted:

Yes, only when fully basked in the glow of LEDs can one achieve full gaming nirvana

Honestly the Pride LEDs are actually cool but I'm more worried about the electricity bill (saying despite having a 850W PSU and a 3080)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The worst thing about a Beyond Good and Evil sequel is that the first game straight up did not need one except to answer what the heck happened in the twenty-second cut-scene shown after the credits. If that after-credits moment hadn't existed I feel like most people would have been extremely cool with the game being a one-off adventure.

I don't think a sequel's a bad idea, necessarily. It had a cool visual style, pretty fun combat, a good sense of humor, and implications of a larger world outside of the scope of the adventure. You could absolutely expand out and build something on that foundation, but going from that to "sci-fi GTA with photorealistic chimpanzees" is a hell of a leap.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1544414396490866692?t=zaDcu_V286oOrxCHg0jFLQ&s=19

Speaking of dead Ubisoft games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What we've seen of BG&E2 described it as a prequel, which makes sense. There's a ton of history between Jade and the Domz and it only comes to the foreground at the very end

I had actually forgotten about the post-credits stinger until now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Before good & evil

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"beyond good & evil" being a complete nonsense title with zero relation to the game that was chosen effectively at random to try and boost notability is my favorite tidbit about the game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm sure there are, but at the moment I can't think of any property where I've been like "drat I wanna see the prequel to this stuff where nothing I don't basically already know happens. it would just be cool to retread stuff I already liked, but not as cool or interesting, leading up to a forgone conclusion."

Actually, I already thought of one. Yakuza 0. I played 1 first and definitely wanted to know what Kiryu and Majima were like when they were young bucks, but idk, the whole first game is you missing most of your life to be in prison after doing something heroic for people he cared about. kind of built-in longing for past and lost youth. additional the entire series is kind of iterative revisiting activities you'd done before, so if you aint into that you wont be into any of it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I assumed that the game was a Nietzchean allegory

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'll say it was Nietzch

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Baldurs gate, set in the high fantasy world of Faerun, opens with a credited nietzche quote

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I remember Sawyer voicing quite the displeasure at it's inclusion

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Chaos is dead. Chaos remains dead. And I have killed him."

-Jack Neitzsche

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I remember Sawyer voicing quite the displeasure at it's inclusion

He didn't work on the b's gs 😯

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

haveblue posted:

What we've seen of BG&E2 described it as a prequel, which makes sense. There's a ton of history between Jade and the Domz and it only comes to the foreground at the very end

But a prequel would mean ditching Jade who was a well written female character, which is pretty rare in video games.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
they could write a new woman and do it well, call her Jadé

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Found a different mod for Conquest. Now it replaces the enemies as well, so in Chapter 10 you fight Leo and his retainers and this changes a lot of things. Also it sounds like they patched in the Hoshido shops and Smithy because the patch notes mention you get Freeze staves instead of Rescue rods. :pray: There's even a list telling you who is switched for whom.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

I’m hoping it’s been retooled yet again to a stealth Black Flag 2 sequel, what was wanted in the first place imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
who actually watches what i assume is the Ubisoft version of a Nintendo Direct

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We call ourselves ubisofties

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

who actually watches what i assume is the Ubisoft version of a Nintendo Direct

Me

Depending on what time it is and if I remember

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's been almost 10 years since they released a Rayman so the timeline of this ubisoft direct lines up perfectly......

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Reccomend me games to buy for my new beef PC. No wrong answers, since a game I have is less money I waste.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Deus ex

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

remember when yves guillemot brought everyone on stage to plead for support against vivendi because they were a family (meanwhile all the c-suiters were abusing and harassing everyone below them)

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTd-VPD0zCg&t=7143s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I spent this evening running through the level 20 guildhests on all my jobs and getting all my crafting jobs to the level 20 mark. I also found the time to hear Raubahn deliver a bullshit proto-fash speech while the Sultana of Ul'dah told the poor not to judge their wealth by money from within her literally gigantic royal palace so gently caress you lady. Also it turns out K'lyhia was abused for months but that evil pirate fucker and now she wants her spellbook back so I helped her get it back but it was destroyed and now she's bailing on everything :smith: Also also I helped the Marauders save a shitbag kid from some monster and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now that I'm over 20 it feels like levelling is starting to slow down. I'm no longer levelling up off of one quest turn-in