Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have been debating about doing lasik for like 5 years. I think I’m close to finally doing it. I don’t really mind wearing glasses, but there are definitely moments where it can be a pain in the butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My thing is waking up in the morning (or at all hours of the night) and not having to fish for my glasses, but instead having perfect vision right away.

I hated wearing glasses and my contacts would irritate my eyes every other month so not having that scratchiness is a huge plus.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To put it in perspective, my vision's at -8.5 / -7.0 out of my eyes . I can't see anything at all without glasses. This chart I'm looking at says my vision's significantly worse then 20/500 vision, which sure, that's a number all right.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
For my part, I can see clearly now that the games is NOT gone, because we're doing

Game Night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CDT.

https://discord.gg/zupkcYCX

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
That about from where I was at. I had mine done in 2015, but if memory serves they said I was around -8. I'm still 20/20 today, maybe even better in one eye.

vvvv :stare:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 6, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Going from -10.75 left/-10.5 right to 20/15 vision was :aaaaa: to say the least.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

Man, RRR kicks rear end. Didn't care much for the anti-colonialist bent, but still Grade A entertainment.

I can never tell if you're doing a bit or not.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
poo poo. I'm only -6.0 and I'm blind as a bat.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have astigmatisms in my eyes so it's just a tad bit blurry without my glasses. No far sighted or near sighted issues. I generally play sports without my glasses but have wondered if contacts or even Lasik is worth it...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
For Profit Schools might be hosed overall and appears at least some folks are getting relief from predatory loans. This article's commentary on the Trump response vs the Biden response is insane though

https://www.politico.com/newsletter...m0o5AImQOw4-aFw

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

swickles posted:

Not having glasses fog up when going from cold to warm (or with masking). Not having to worry about contact hygiene poo poo and having supplies. Being able to wear any pair of sunglasses with prescription lens. You basically cut out alot of minor, but constant irritations from your life.

Also not having to clean glasses and still have slight smudges only to clean again and failing to do so. It's just so nice to see clear with nothing physically there. It felt so different to me for a while.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also holy hell a young realtor just sent me an ad, asking me my opinion. Its about her giving every person who buys a house from her (as a realtor) a free gun for "home protection". With a picture of an AR 15. Wow.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I had LASIK done about fifteen years ago and it wore off so I'm back to wearing glasses again. Thankfully my vision's still nowhere near as bad as it was before.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Also holy hell a young realtor just sent me an ad, asking me my opinion. Its about her giving every person who buys a house from her (as a realtor) a free gun for "home protection". With a picture of an AR 15. Wow.

Lol dang, all mine gave me was a gift certificate to a bougie imported grocers

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Thaddius the Large posted:

Mine called me my father in law's name and misspelled my wife's name.

She loving sucked.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mine lost the keys to the house and gave me a broken garage door remote and a key to a lockable internal door instead.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kalli posted:

To put it in perspective, my vision's at -8.5 / -7.0 out of my eyes . I can't see anything at all without glasses. This chart I'm looking at says my vision's significantly worse then 20/500 vision, which sure, that's a number all right.

Yeah I’m there too, and when I looked at LASIK after college forever ago I had some of the same issues. But still using glasses and (2 week) contacts, I would add that not having to worry about costs or inconveniences of either would be very nice.

[Edit] our real estate agent was a young dude with the hair style and mannerisms of Phoenix Wright

harperdc fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 6, 2022

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Our agent rocked and we're going to have him and his wife and son over for dinner shortly after we move in

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My real estate agent was very similar to and roughly as competent as Peggy Hill.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thaddius the Large posted:

But dat humas doe

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Its Rinaldo posted:

But dat humas doe

It’s an Italian place, I’m gonna load up on so much goddamn pasta and cured meats when and if I ever go downtown

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

How can any of yall afford to buy anything in this market

I'm a dink who lives in Ohio, We paid off our mortgage a year ago.

Lasik rules. You're a little bit more susceptible to dry eye which is a pain but overall having to use eye drops every once in a while is significantly better than contacts or glasses.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

My real estate agent was very similar to and roughly as competent as Peggy Hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cByVeZhKmzo

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

harperdc posted:

[Edit] our real estate agent was a young dude with the hair style and mannerisms of Phoenix Wright

I want to meet him.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
My realtor rules. I met her for drinks a few months ago and she led with "Hey, you want to buy a bar? Let's buy a bar, who wants to buy a bar together."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Braksgirl posted:

I want to meet him.

hell, same

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Coco13 posted:

My realtor rules. I met her for drinks a few months ago and she led with "Hey, you want to buy a bar? Let's buy a bar, who wants to buy a bar together."

If someone asks you if you want to buy a bar, you should runaway fast.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Bird in a Blender posted:

If someone asks you if you want to buy a bar, you should runaway fast.
This is excellent intuition. She had enough experience with successful bakeries and restaurants that it was just mostly absurd, not completely. I would have been the downfall, living a few blocks away as the minor-minority owner.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Coco13 posted:

This is excellent intuition. She had enough experience with successful bakeries and restaurants that it was just mostly absurd, not completely. I would have been the downfall, living a few blocks away as the minor-minority owner.

Would have been fun to see you on Bar Rescue at least

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
She meant to buy a group of lawyers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yeah another goon clued me in that my name was mentioned in the ep about Caro so I figured it was that one. Glad I was right because I'd be worried if more than one podcast mentioned me by name.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hey if you’re a person who shoots off fireworks until 2am on the 4th and then starts shooting them off again at 10 the next night, I hope one of them blows up in your face and you die in a fire.

Love, me Jameson & Maggie

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hey if you’re a person who shoots off fireworks until 2am on the 4th and then starts shooting them off again at 10 the next night, I hope one of them blows up in your face and you die in a fire.

Love, me Jameson & Maggie

Luckily I had off on Monday the 4th because some dickweed started lighting their fireworks at 3:30AM and woke me up and my friend on the other side of the neighborhood

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

4th of July is always the shittiest holiday.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yep, fireworks just started here again. gently caress off with that poo poo after the 4th.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

wandler20 posted:

Yep, fireworks just started here again. gently caress off with that poo poo after the 4th.

Please tecognize Cape Verde's independence daybwith the rest of us.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah we’re fortunate that our dog doesn’t seem to care about fireworks at all, but turbofuck anyone who thinks firing them off at 1 or 2 in the a-loving-m is a good idea

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
"Oh it's past 10pm and it's pretty quie-"

🎇

:mad:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My daughter has made it a week without having an accident (hell yeah potty trained!), including through the nights. Until tonight, when a huge, close lightning bolt literally scared the poo poo out of her in bed.

Cool thing to wake up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I am a LASIK acolyte and will sing its praises until I'm out to death by the angry mobs.

I did it in 1997 and it's still the best money I ever spent. I wore coke bottle glasses from age 10. "Quality of life improvement" is a dry phrase that does not begin to describe the miracle.

a neat cape posted:

Perhaps my problem is living in San Diego

Quick rundown of our San Diego real estate experience:

Parents bought brand new 1200 sq ft house in Mira Mesa, 1984: $110k
Sold in 1991 when we left CA: $240k
(bought 2400 sqft house with 1 acre land in Mobile, AL right after for $220k)
Checked Zillow for shits 'n' giggles in 2010 when buying our house here in AL: last sold for $485k
Checked Zillow for it now: just sold for $939k