Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
Mass shootings are kinda cringe IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
So embarrassing

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Not sure if it was posted, but this happened in Orlando
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1544148043414503424?s=20&t=u7KQ21CFiULVehrJt4P-YA
all this freedom is making me rock hard

very normal country

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MarParNews/status/1544418629642584070 Yeah I saw that happening when I first heard that happening. gently caress this insane country.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Jesus H Christ

edit: their first goal was $100,000. It's at $747,000 now.

It was created 3 hours ago.

:unsmith:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

busalover posted:

Elliot Rodgers is proof that better access to mental health care won't necessarily solve this, since he'd been in therapy since the age of 9.

I wouldn't call Elliot Rodgers a good case study. From what it seems like, his parents were distant enablers of his toxic behavior. He didn't take his medication at all.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hey you guys remember that mass shooting? No, not that one. No, not that one either. The other one. No, that's not it. The really horrible one. No, no that's not the one.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
it's probably more peaceful in Guatemala tonight

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Murdstone posted:

Hey you guys remember that mass shooting? No, not that one. No, not that one either. The other one. No, that's not it. The really horrible one. No, no that's not the one.

(Slaps America on the roof) gonna fit so many mass casualty events in this bad boy

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Murdstone posted:

Yeah I remember that one. It was the one with the right wing guy right?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah I remember that one. It was the one with the right wing guy right?
The one where he used an AR-15. Posted weird, threatening messages online for a while before?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Murdstone posted:

Posted weird, threatening messages online for a while before?

Yeah that one! I think he posted them on 4chan.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Murdstone posted:

The one where he used an AR-15. Posted weird, threatening messages online for a while before?

my guess is chan boards and probably discords and poo poo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarParNews/status/1544418629642584070 Yeah I saw that happening when I first heard that happening. gently caress this insane country.

The "best" part isn't even that this is happening... it's that people look at this and re like "yea whatever"

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
There are certain shoes and sandals, that while very trendy right now, I won’t buy because I think about how if I had to run in a mass shooting event, they would fly off my feet or cause me to trip. These are the things I think about as an American.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Murdstone posted:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gofundme created 4 hours ago and they're almost at $1,000,000.

I hope it goes higher and higher and that kid is set for life. Jesus gently caress. Poor guy lost both of his parents in an instant. I don't know how to process that.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Not to remove the sweet from the bittersweet, but how the heck does that even work? Is the money in trust and if so who holds the reigns?

I guess I've just gotten so cynical I'm doubting how much of the money will actually reach the kid.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I always think about that too. And I don't know how gofundmes get verified or even if they do so that leaves me a bit skeptical. It's very popular though so that gives it some credit. I guess.

I think he's with his grandparents now so hopefully they set up an account for him.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
If they're anything like the guys I've known to inherit a ton of money due to personal tragedy, it shall be spent quickly and hedonistically and hopefully they get to have a drat good time in the future to help absolve their lost childhood. Good times!

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Wasn’t there another baby orphaned in a mass shooting that trump used for a photo op?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well there was one teacher that got shot at Uvalde and her husband had a loving heart attack and died after hearing the news. Uhg, just absolutely sad.

I can't remember if they had kids or not but..... I'm assuming they did. :(

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well there was one teacher that got shot at Uvalde and her husband had a loving heart attack and died after hearing the news. Uhg, just absolutely sad.

I can't remember if they had kids or not but..... I'm assuming they did. :(

Yeah, they had 2 or 3 kids. All high-school age or older.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

KIT HAGS posted:

Wasn’t there another baby orphaned in a mass shooting that trump used for a photo op?

From the El Paso shooting, yeah. The infamous "thumbs up" pic.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

lollontee posted:

how many is that for this year now, in these US? parents have reached the point of emotional defense, that a mass shooting over there elicits a jaded sigh in the morning table. how about you? do you still have breakfast nowadays over there?

300 I heard as of today-ish, so well on the way to 2 a day.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Your country sucks

gently caress you, from Canada

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1544334339571417088

https://twitter.com/dannarebb/status/1544375480765251584

https://twitter.com/ChaelaT182/status/1544372565526839299

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

jet sanchEz posted:

Your country sucks

gently caress you, from Canada

Don't get too comfy, Trump2.0 may decide to liberate your natural resources in 2025.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, and Prime Minister The Coward Douglas Ford will just let him walk right in and take it.

Don't kid yourself, just because we aren't murdering each other en masse every day, we're not that much better. You know there are tons of lead-poisoned CHUDs in flyover provinces who adore American gun policy.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I always think about that too. And I don't know how gofundmes get verified or even if they do so that leaves me a bit skeptical. It's very popular though so that gives it some credit. I guess.

I think he's with his grandparents now so hopefully they set up an account for him.

Imagine what shady poo poo GiveSendGo is up to lol

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Mister Speaker posted:

Don't kid yourself, just because we aren't murdering each other en masse every day, we're not that much better.

Canada is actually far better.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Blooster posted:

Imagine what shady poo poo GiveSendGo is up to lol

Is that the Christian one that promotes defense funds for white supremacists and hate groups? I know one of them has loads of Christian religious poo poo all over it and also has a real boner for hate groups, and I imagine that their internal oversight is slightly more opaque than a black hole.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/jlf_420/status/1544361127970164736

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Cool cool cool so these recent videos drudged up a memory I suppressed of the last time I went to the fair in my hometown. I was with my friends waiting in line for a ride one moment and then the next I was on the ground being trampled by a panicked crowd because someone pulled a gun and everyone was running. I had some pretty crazy bruises the next day but was otherwise OK. I went to the fair every year and never went again after that and I don't like crowds so much.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Apparently some guy had a plan to shoot up a parade in Richmond, VA too but they found out in time.

https://wtop.com/virginia/2022/07/police-july-4-mass-shooting-thwarted-in-virginias-capital/

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

The IL parade shooter drove to Madison, WI (while on the run) and contemplated doing another shooting, but didn't, thank god. :stare:

He's also apparently obsessed with Agent 47 and the number 47 in general, so clearly video games AND rap did this.

Edit: Uvalde update...
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/06/uvalde-school-shooting-robb-elementary-report/
Uvalde officer asked permission to shoot gunman outside school but got no answer, report finds

The full report can be found at the bottom of the page, here:
https://alerrt.org/reading

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 6, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
lol he probably drove through Kenosha to get to Madison.

edit: that 2 year old's gofundme is at 2.5 million now.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 6, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I wouldn't call Elliot Rodgers a good case study. From what it seems like, his parents were distant enablers of his toxic behavior. He didn't take his medication at all.

id say therapy would probably help some like klebold who were hangers on and had actual mental issues same with a couple of others, but a bunch were just broken sociopaths looking for one big high or weird political psychos.

Read After Burning posted:

The IL parade shooter drove to Madison, WI (while on the run) and contemplated doing another shooting, but didn't, thank god. :stare:

He's also apparently obsessed with Agent 47 and the number 47 in general, so clearly video games AND rap did this.

https://alerrt.org/reading

he didnt play the game right it seems.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
He successfully left the mission area undetected, should've dressed as a clown to disguise himself.

quote:

In September 2019, a family member told Highland Park police that Crimo had threatened to “kill everyone,” said Christopher Covelli, a spokesman for the Lake County Major Crime Task Force. Officers visited Crimo’s home and confiscated 16 knives, a dagger and a sword, but made no arrest, Covelli said on Tuesday, because they lacked probable cause. However, they notified Illinois State Police, he said.

Months later, in December, Crimo applied for a firearm owner’s identification card, the document required to possess a gun in Illinois. Because Crimo was under 21 at the time, state law required him to have the consent of a parent or guardian before he could own a firearm or ammunition. According to state police, which issues the cards, Crimo’s father sponsored the permit application.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/06/highland-park-shooting-crimo-gun-application-foid/

Father/son of the year.

I wouldn't make too many conclusions so early on but it's not looking great for the chud family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
His dad ran for Mayor of Highland Park against a vocal gun control advocate