Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I can totally imagine a physical location like this trying to charge for potential lost revenue. A TV spot you can just toss in a file (?) but there's probably way more more time to create whatever they put up on a billboard so it's hard to quickly replace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Bruceski posted:

The "Sex positive" and "sex mandatory" crowds need to sort themselves out.

:hmmyes:

I'm on the "sex eww" side, personally, but I rarely come across any obvious ERPers. (Dishonorable mention to one jerkoff who was doing emotes to make their catgirl moan, over and over, for at least a solid minute, right in the middle of the Gridania bell/MB center last week when I was trying to get some crafting done. :catstare:) Either the community is by-and-large good about keeping it in places where you'd have to go looking to find it, or there are serious benefits to almost never going to Limsa/Ul'dah.

hopeandjoy posted:

I think generally people who are doing sex work for funny money instead of real money aren’t doing it for the cash.

I would hazard that funny money being involved adds to the experience, somehow, for at least a few buyers and sellers.

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know if it's true in this case but I've seen similar things elsewhere. It basically treats the billboard being up but not used as wasted time/hurts their reputation because there's an empty billboard up/etc.

Ahh, like how some services have cancellation fees, plus the labor + materials cost of actually taking the board down. Makes sense.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Badger of Basra posted:

basically imagine if you broke your lease and also your old apartment couldnt be rented out again until your original move out date

Sure, I’d owe the rent until the move out date, same as if I were living there. I wouldn’t owe more because I left early, I just wouldn’t get money back.

Maybe the issue is as someone said above and having a blank billboard is a reputation problem, but I assume billboard companies have house or charitable ads they can run when/if a slot doesn’t sell.

The fee for extra labour makes sense, for sure.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I figure even if they had a filler ad to throw up (love those "do billboards really work? just did!" ones), this event couldn't have purchased a block past this weekend and it's still labor + materials to put up the filler ad and then replace it with the next one booked up

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

also if they signed a contract that says "if you tell us to take down the billboard early we will charge you extra" it's not like they need a business justification

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Boy, it's been a hell of a day back from maintenance

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Probably better to pay early cancellation fees and whatever contractual penalties they might face than what would happen once Squeenix's lawyers got a hold of them. Can't imagine it'd cost less once the corporate lawyers got through with them. I can't believe someone thought those billboards were a good idea in the first place. Utterly delusional.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'd hoped today would be an exciting day with the introduction of dc travel but this new vector completely blew my expectations out of the water

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bloody Emissary posted:

:hmmyes:

I'm on the "sex eww" side, personally, but I rarely come across any obvious ERPers. (Dishonorable mention to one jerkoff who was doing emotes to make their catgirl moan, over and over, for at least a solid minute, right in the middle of the Gridania bell/MB center last week when I was trying to get some crafting done. :catstare:) Either the community is by-and-large good about keeping it in places where you'd have to go looking to find it, or there are serious benefits to almost never going to Limsa/Ul'dah.

I saw two scantily-clad ladies standing close enough together there was no room for Halone, staring directly at each other, completely silent but not listed as AFK, in the middle of the Drowning Wench. Not damning evidence, but there's a limited number of things they could have been doing.

I wanted to put on my Gold Saucer glam (Fat Chocobo head, bare chest, tights that nearly match my skin color and make me look naked in the right lighting) and challenge them to Triple Triad.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
From what I've been told, one of the two characters on that billboard (the viera in the datamined outfit) has been banned. No word on the other guy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sounds a little far fetched to me.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

thats a drat pokemon

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Shitpostxiv on reddit has some screencaps of someone melting down about a 10 day ban, who's to say if it's them though.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
I'm loving the billboard drama but what I really want to know is :wtf: did someone post on page 542 that's causing Safari to cack out after only rendering the first 9 posts?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
bunch of twitters it looks like

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Runa also posted a Discord emoji (in lossless .webp). IDK enough about file types or netcode to say if that'd cause forum hiccups, but it's the only unusual thing on that page aside from the numerous twitter links.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Too many twitter links seems to have messed up the industry terribleness thread in bss as well.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

When will Aglaia part 2 get released, typically?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Odd number patches. 6.2 is out next month, so 6.3 should be out in 5 months.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Consummate Professional posted:

When will Aglaia part 2 get released, typically?

Alliance raids are normally every "off" patch from the main raid tiers, so 6.3.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Thank you! Maybe I'll get the moving platform mechanics by then.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Thank you! Maybe I'll get the moving platform mechanics by then.
Have you tried beholding the virtuosity of the Builder?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I actually can't do that due to RP reasons.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

I actually can't do that due to RP reasons.

See, Godbert getting drunk and assaulting your character's father makes way more sense.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
did byregot break your dad's kneecaps

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I prefer not to talk about it but yes. Also I refuse to use Byregot's Blessing when crafting

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I prefer not to talk about it but yes. Also I refuse to use Byregot's Blessing when crafting

'Tis late to beg mercy!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

The kneecapped WHM dad is still cracking me up. What a good backstory

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kan-E-Senna Kneecapped My Dad is absolutely fantastic. It makes me think of the old City of Heroes viral character bio about the guy adopted by lesbian Hellions, or something? Basically what I'm saying is that FFXIV, like all MMOs, needs the CoH "fill in your backstory here" field in-game so we can all read each other's masterworks.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Farg posted:

thats a drat pokemon
:majorminor:

Also this whole debacle is hilarious. Discord has been blazing along all day.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Kan-E-Senna Kneecapped My Dad is absolutely fantastic. It makes me think of the old City of Heroes viral character bio about the guy adopted by lesbian Hellions, or something? Basically what I'm saying is that FFXIV, like all MMOs, needs the CoH "fill in your backstory here" field in-game so we can all read each other's masterworks.

Oh god the endless ”My Azem’s name was Persephone” though…

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Odd number patches. 6.2 is out next month, so 6.3 should be out in 5 months.

I can never remember, other than the extra stuff (Island Sanctuary) what content is traditionally X.2? Start of the side trials?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

hopeandjoy posted:

Oh god the endless ”My Azem’s name was Persephone” though…

Which is ridiculous, because we all know Azem's name was Prometheus. They stole fire and helped the lesser humans, of course they're Prometheus.

Bruceski posted:

I can never remember, other than the extra stuff (Island Sanctuary) what content is traditionally X.2? Start of the side trials?

First of the side trials, first leg of the relic storyline, second leg of normal raids. All of which we have had confirmed in the recent live letter.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Bruceski posted:

and raids 5-8

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Bruceski posted:

Here are

all the

5.2 patchnotes

So you can see what we got during ShB.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cleretic posted:

First of the side trials, first leg of the relic storyline, second leg of normal raids. All of which we have had confirmed in the recent live letter.

Yeah but that got drowned out in the noise of the non-typical stuff. Thanks for answering.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Endwalker's patches will probably be a little more fleshed out than the ones in Shadowbringers since they don't have to adapt to COVID this time. Not like any other global catastrophes are gonna happen right haha

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/Khanlusa/status/1544460746607689728

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Subjunctive posted:

Huh, I'm at 1440p widescreen with a 3090 and I can't get consistently above 60 in Limsa with everything maxed. Those shadow resolutions and softenings are brutal. Wonder what I'm doing wrong...

Mhm, I just let GeForce Experience sort out my settings, then disabled low poly LOD (I want less pop in!) and that's that. Probably it's the character number? Since it was night Limsa wasn't as crowded as usual and that does affect a lot of FPS.

In any case having everything at Max is probably not the best idea anyways, gotta have to check some guides on which settings are okay to drop a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Looks like DC travel is slowly coming back up. I'm sure it will go down again when it gets busy again tomorrow. Going to Excal was pretty fast. Took about a minute or so. But going back to Balmung took 17 lol