Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Oxyclean posted:

Spoilers for after audio log thing after the mission: Do we know who Rat is?

6ix9ine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

xzzy posted:

Hunter's gonna need the most work with arc. All three badly need an update but both titan and warlock have two viable super designs to work with. Hunter's static rod is super one dimensional, the subclass needs a second option.. hopefully with some range.

All I know is that they'd better not get rid of or nerf the arc hunter melee build, that thing is an add-clear monster in Gambit.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The whole "your personal problems take physical form and fight you" trope is lazy as gently caress and the central conflict ends in a stalemate. What a wet fart of a season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It would have been nice for the "Where's Calus?!" mystery of the season to have had any type of resolution, IMHO

"Calus is dead" was meant to be taken as metaphor, yeah? Like, "he's dead to me, having given himself over so fully to the Darkness"?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

The whole "your personal problems take physical form and fight you" trope is lazy as gently caress and the central conflict ends in a stalemate. What a wet fart of a season.

except Ghaul cuz he's badass like that

also NOOOOOO HIS GHOST IS GONE

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sure love getting two resonant copies of Austringer after I unlock the pattern. Of course I have yet to get a single resonant Mini-Tool.

I was considering spreading out my guaranteed resonant focuses to avoid this, but that felt silly.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Pirate Jet posted:

Wet farts are at least funny

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Tensokuu posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, we need one more Orb after this week to finish the grid? So next week is Reaper time. :(

Nope, if you’ve gotten your figments from the rank ups and have done all the challenges that award one, the one you get from the weekly quest + this week’s challenge (Reconciliation with void and stasis) will finish it.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Calus's big, fat screaming face is indeed the stuff of nightmares. Thanks for that lovingly detailed mug, Bungie.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It would have been nice for the "Where's Calus?!" mystery of the season to have had any type of resolution, IMHO

"Calus is dead" was meant to be taken as metaphor, yeah? Like, "he's dead to me, having given himself over so fully to the Darkness"?

I’m pretty sure he no longer has a physical existence of any kind and is essentially just the ghost in that particular Pyramid’s machine—the successful last severance prevented him from fully controlling it and the power within. it’s supposed to be a bit of a pyrrhic victory

also yeah, Eris calls Drifter “Rat”. he’s in the Reef for some reason

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
rat... reef... drifter...

dreefter...

Season of the Reefer :420:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
So each Pyramid Ship has a Disciple who controls and owns it right? Rhulk for example. Who was the owner of the Moon Pyramid ship? Or the Europa one? Has that even been brought up yet? Is all of that already explained somewhere?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

life_source posted:

So each Pyramid Ship has a Disciple who controls and owns it right? Rhulk for example. Who was the owner of the Moon Pyramid ship? Or the Europa one? Has that even been brought up yet? Is all of that already explained somewhere?

no nothing''s really known yet. even the existence of other disciples and what role they have is mostly supposition.

Moon and Europa seem to be 'empty' but nothing's known about why, or any previous disciples. There's fan theories that the Moon disciple used to be Nezarec, an obscure lore figure from the exotic helmet and this season's glaive, but again that's very much fan theorizing.

like Rhulk's music track labels him as the 'First Disciple'. Does that mean first chronologically to enter the Witness' service? First like, most powerful, or leadership kind of, like first lady or first chair in an orchestra? Either way he seemed to have some prominence/importance, so maybe his controlling of a whole pyramid was an exception, not the rule. Other pyramids might naturally have no disciples, or many.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 6, 2022

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

that’s one of the ongoing mysteries, yeah. some people think one of them belonged to Nezarec, from the Nezarec’s Sin helmet, but they are stupid

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Immaru is referred to as first ghost as well.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
beware the First Poster

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

i'll also say that there's no way that bungie makes a crap ton of unique individual models. So we might fight a handful of unique ones in raids/dungeons, but if every pyramid has one, then most of the disciples will be dealth with off-screen, or will have copy-paste reskin bodies.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

they made a unique model for Safiyah, who showed up for a couple seconds in like five cutscenes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm already a Disciple-Slayer so I don't think the final act of Bungie's Destiny is going to be hunting down and killing the Three Koopa Kids or whatnot. We'll probably hear about Disciples in the Lore but the final big baddies to be killed are Xivu Arath, The Witness, and Some No-Name Mook in Year 6's new raid

Also, if you, like me, are burnt out on Nightmare Containment but still have to kill 50 bosses, you've got good reason to wait. This week added a new Bright Dust Triumph to kill 40 Champions on the Derelict Leviathan which is, almost literally, "Do fifteen more Nightmare Containments"

Weeks 9 and 10 will have quests to Kill A Bunch of Leviathan Idiots with Rocket Launchers and Machine Guns, too, so you may as well spread these nasty nasty chores out in order to do as few of them as possible

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Nope, if you’ve gotten your figments from the rank ups and have done all the challenges that award one, the one you get from the weekly quest + this week’s challenge (Reconciliation with void and stasis) will finish it.

yeah admittedly at the time I didn't realize that you got an orb from the mission -- should have known that.

Yay Reaper.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kesper North posted:

beware the First Poster

Moist hasn’t played for years

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm already a Disciple-Slayer so I don't think the final act of Bungie's Destiny is going to be hunting down and killing the Three Koopa Kids or whatnot. We'll probably hear about Disciples in the Lore but the final big baddies to be killed are Xivu Arath, The Witness, and Some No-Name Mook in Year 6's new raid

Also, if you, like me, are burnt out on Nightmare Containment but still have to kill 50 bosses, you've got good reason to wait. This week added a new Bright Dust Triumph to kill 40 Champions on the Derelict Leviathan which is, almost literally, "Do fifteen more Nightmare Containments"

Weeks 9 and 10 will have quests to Kill A Bunch of Leviathan Idiots with Rocket Launchers and Machine Guns, too, so you may as well spread these nasty nasty chores out in order to do as few of them as possible

This game owns

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

they made a unique model for Safiyah, who showed up for a couple seconds in like five cutscenes

yeah she would go in the 'handful of unique', keeping in mind that she's also a human, and did nothing except t-pose.

a combat AI, especially if it does new stuff like Rhulk's kicks, depicting a new alien race (even if built onto a humanoid skeleton) is way more work, so I don't see us getting too many of those.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
We had Cool Ranch Hive so maybe Flamin Hot Scorn?
Cabal with a giant Cheeto inside?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
BBQ Vex

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vex are hot pockets.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm trying to think if there could have been a WORSE way to end Catharsis besides Fight the Three Nightmares, Again (Again)

Like even having no combat would have probably been better.

Even if it made no sense lore-wise I wish we'd gotten to beatdown on a Calus Robot

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Even if it made no sense lore-wise I wish we'd gotten to beatdown on a Calus Robot

I am intrigued that the Calus-bot storage closet got refilled from last we saw it after Eater of Worlds. Also the bots have red eyes and... did they look different to anyone else? like, fatter?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Mazerunner posted:

I am intrigued that the Calus-bot storage closet got refilled from last we saw it after Eater of Worlds. Also the bots have red eyes and... did they look different to anyone else? like, fatter?

turn on your monitor

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We've all gotten fatter in the past two years, why you gotta single Calus out.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

it's a compliment, he's grown fat from strength

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Actually he has grown spaceship, from darkness

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

xzzy posted:

Vex are hot pockets.

Vex are Capri Sun, full of drink and all shiny.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

what if vex wyverns learned how to rhulk kick

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

J.A.B.C. posted:

Vex are Capri Sun, full of drink and all shiny.

You also can stab them both with a pole to get at the liquid inside

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Kith posted:

what if vex wyverns learned how to rhulk kick

I like the way you think

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Hope they consider redesigning the Witness for Lightfall, it's so goofy looking

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm trying to think if there could have been a WORSE way to end Catharsis besides Fight the Three Nightmares, Again (Again)

Like even having no combat would have probably been better.

I'm just glad The Big Head from Calus's old raid boss fight came back.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

elpaganoescapa posted:

Hope they consider redesigning the Witness for Lightfall, it's so goofy looking

real missed opportunity to fight Pyramidhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

real missed opportunity to fight Pyramidhead

already did that back in rise of iron. so maybe if it is the raid that comes back...

uh, it just occurred to me that SIVA plastered everything with black pyramids. well, that's not... concerning