Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

We call ourselves ubisofties

but yall roll hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I spent this evening running through the level 20 guildhests on all my jobs and getting all my crafting jobs to the level 20 mark. I also found the time to hear Raubahn deliver a bullshit proto-fash speech while the Sultana of Ul'dah told the poor not to judge their wealth by money from within her literally gigantic royal palace so gently caress you lady. Also it turns out K'lyhia was abused for months but that evil pirate fucker and now she wants her spellbook back so I helped her get it back but it was destroyed and now she's bailing on everything :smith: Also also I helped the Marauders save a shitbag kid from some monster and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now that I'm over 20 it feels like levelling is starting to slow down. I'm no longer levelling up off of one quest turn-in

this is why you equip that exp up ring! (it only counts for xp in combat though)

i think you're also at the point where you unlock daily dungeon roulettes? doing those once a day is enough to keep your leveling at a decent pace, especially if you're multi-jobbing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

this is why you equip that exp up ring! (it only counts for xp in combat though)

i think you're also at the point where you unlock daily dungeon roulettes? doing those once a day is enough to keep your leveling at a decent pace, especially if you're multi-jobbing

It's cool, I like that it's slowed down. There's still plenty of things to do :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just want ubisoft to remaster/port their playmobil games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Now that I'm over 20 it feels like levelling is starting to slow down. I'm no longer levelling up off of one quest turn-in

Yep leveling continues to slow way down as you get higher and higher. It gets to the point where you're barely getting any experience at all for quest turn ins.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Yep leveling continues to slow way down as you get higher and higher. It gets to the point where you're barely getting any experience at all for quest turn ins.

This was an intentional decision post-Heavensward, where they decided to shift the vast majority of leveling EXP over to the MSQ and leave sidequests as a tool for fleshing out the world and providing a moderate amount of EXP and some bonus items if you happened to be leveling up an alt job. For the most part, you'll match the MSQ's level fairly closely throughout now as long as you occasionally do one of the daily Duty Roulettes like Leveling that provides a large chunk of EXP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/xenosaga7/status/1544482369062612993?s=20&t=f-eQZvMIoiZDVcuA9yVZ_A

2022 and we're still doing this.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
As much poo poo as the game gets, I actually liked Fallout 4 settlements and setting up vendors with shops and things like that. Are there any other games with a "settlement building", setting up an economy while I go out and bust skulls?

*edit* bonus points if it's in space

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/suda_51/status/1544512577786748928?s=20&t=f-eQZvMIoiZDVcuA9yVZ_A

Suda, Gunn, and Grasshopper are all not involved with the Lollipop Chainsaw remake

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Anyone know of any good guides for modding 3DS games? I'd like to try my hand at a few things but I don't even know where to start or even what terms to put into Google these days.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Specifically, I have 2 different mods that I want to try to cobble together, because there's things I like and dislike about both. But like I said, I don't even know where to start.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LegoMan posted:

As much poo poo as the game gets, I actually liked Fallout 4 settlements and setting up vendors with shops and things like that. Are there any other games with a "settlement building", setting up an economy while I go out and bust skulls?

*edit* bonus points if it's in space

Not really, Starfield is going to be that game, but it's still a year away.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can build bases and manage settlements in No Man’s Sky but it’ not really the same

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

I said come in! posted:

Not really, Starfield is going to be that game, but it's still a year away.

I own X4 but it has Eve Online's learning curve

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LegoMan posted:

I own X4 but it has Eve Online's learning curve

Ooh yeah, I was going to recommend X4 but didn't think it was what you were asking for. But yeah Starfield is 100% going to be what you want.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vermain posted:

the tell-all of this game has got to be a real hoot

it's been a while since a title like this has gone so thoroughly into the weeds for so long, and i wouldn't be shocked to learn it's been restarted again after the last big E3 trailer

Monkey's got a date.... but it turns out he DOES do late :hai:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Trying to guess which grand company Rarity picked... most probably the lame forestfolk one just because it’s where she started / got to see the most of but I would be very happy to be wrong

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gunning for GOTY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Trying to guess which grand company Rarity picked... most probably the lame forestfolk one just because it’s where she started / got to see the most of but I would be very happy to be wrong

I have not yet seen all the speeches but it'll probably be Gridania yeah because Ul'dah should be burned do the ground and I don't want Merlwyb to step on me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just made Kiryu rub his face on panties and I gasped because I didn't think he'd actually do it and I'm legit embarrassed to talk to Koyuki ever again lol

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Khanstant posted:

I just made Kiryu rub his face on panties and I gasped because I didn't think he'd actually do it and I'm legit embarrassed to talk to Koyuki ever again lol

This is what reloads are for.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/suda_51/status/1544512577786748928?s=20&t=f-eQZvMIoiZDVcuA9yVZ_A

Suda, Gunn, and Grasshopper are all not involved with the Lollipop Chainsaw remake

So who is actually involved with this?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Reccomend me games to buy for my new beef PC. No wrong answers, since a game I have is less money I waste.

Peglin

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the issue here? Am I missing something? They just look like two different box arts with the JP one more stylish imom

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Reccomend me games to buy for my new beef PC. No wrong answers, since a game I have is less money I waste.

pearsandgraywitch

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mmm, I guess you mean the originam? Never tried it, should be interesting.

Saw some videos, looks fun but may also trigger my pachinko receptors.

SeXReX posted:

pearsandgraywitch

The Steam description made me feel better about my English so it already did its work.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Mobile gaming is such a cesspool.

I don't understand gambling laws. Is there a reason this isn't regulated? Or is it?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

frytechnician posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the issue here? Am I missing something? They just look like two different box arts with the JP one more stylish imom

us vs jp box art is a longstanding tradition

a square example to go along with that one

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There was some console indie series I've forgotten about. I think you were in a castle in medieval times. The game looked sorta like a horror game but then you play it and find out it'd just a game about playing chess. Any of you remember what game this was?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

us vs jp box art is a longstanding tradition

a square example to go along with that one

wonder who came up with the floating cast poster/cover idea

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I downloaded Swtor aka that star wars mmo for some reason. I have played it in the past, I even purchased the drat thing when it was released, but it's been ages since I gave it a shot. I know everyone gushes about the Agent storyline, and that is what I played last time but I had no idea what I was doing when I logged in so I created a new character. Went for the most basic character, a jedi person.

And it was a lot of fun , the story was good and there was almost no padding in terms of story and boring tasks, even the sidequests were relevant to the main story. Everything is voice acted, and it is mostly very good, but since there are so many characters, the actors just use their regular voices for the most part, so you hear a lot of Nolan North, Jennifer Hale and Tara Strong and every other early 2010s voice actor you can think of, talking to each other. It's weird to be enjoying a Star Wars product in the current year, even though that opening scrawl just makes me wince at this point.

Finished the prologue area, so now I'm guessing the freetoplay rot is about to set in, but we'll see I guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

If you squint hard enough, it's a half decent old style bioware game. But it is an MMO at the end of the day, so the gearing and fights are pretty boring

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Finished the prologue area, so now I'm guessing the freetoplay rot is about to set in, but we'll see I guess.

I believe they made it so even F2P players level up fairly quickly. You might not even have to do sidequests (big difference from the F2P launch, when even the sidequests weren't enough)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

gunning for GOTY

I like the picross game

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rarity posted:

I have not yet seen all the speeches but it'll probably be Gridania yeah because Ul'dah should be burned do the ground and I don't want Merlwyb to step on me

smdh getting stepped on by Merlwyb is a privilege all Maelstrom members look forward to, its just an everyday thing for them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1544668529265414144?s=20&t=cpQHmnsM01tdb4rxDckQyw

What the gently caress is the point of the steelbook if it comes with a digital version of the game

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1544668529265414144?s=20&t=cpQHmnsM01tdb4rxDckQyw

What the gently caress is the point of the steelbook if it comes with a digital version of the game

They know people will buy it regardless.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
To put on your shelf so you can look at it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At least it comes with the game at all, some collector’s editions don’t these days

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I don't buy em, but I appreciate the existence of stupid, overpriced collectors edition as a way to "support the developers" in a way that does not entail any real extra work having to be done on the game.
The bad part is when all this useless garbage gets shipped back and forth across the globe, but at least since it goes to "collectors" I guess it won't immediately go to the landfill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
What is Valkyrie Elysium? The JP box art makes it look interesting.