Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This feels like a bad parody scene you would see in the beginning of some hellscape action movie.

https://twitter.com/phriendlyphotog/status/1542670077052567552

Kids in the pool were black, weren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
What does your heart tell you. Also lol that an hour of flight time on that helicopter could probably pay for a lifeguard 10 times over.

Totally not a police state and we obviously need to give them more money so next time they can use paratroopers.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This feels like a bad parody scene you would see in the beginning of some hellscape action movie.

I've had that helicopter flying over my neighborhood blasting some message that was completely unintelligible for at least 30 minutes. I went outside and listened for a couple minutes to try to figure it out too and couldn't get more than a word here and there.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1542869176225865730

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Right side definitely sounds like a pr person trying to imitate his voice.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Everything else aside, brave stance to come out in favor of soldiers enthusiastically following explicitly unjust orders.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

"they want the people that will only listen to just orders, and not unjust orders."

Wait a second.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Woke: I was just, following orders.
Broke: I was just following orders.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
“What we need are people who will commit war crimes” is a stance.

I’m curious to if he just wants to commit atrocities for their own sake or because he has some mistaken belief that they help win the war in some way?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's alpha to overthrow listen to orders, only betas would question and stand up to their superior

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Thinking about where this is coming from I have to assume that what he means is that in Iraq and Afghanistan we should have committed to a regime of genocide.

The Christian nationalism millennium agenda.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I'm thinking two things:

One is "LEAVE THE BRONX" https://youtu.be/w-pXyOp44Po

The second is a lifeguard would be cheaper than operating that helicopter.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Meatball posted:

The second is a lifeguard would be cheaper than operating that helicopter.

Yes but lifeguards don't get unlimited budgets to save the lives of children, but racists who will shoot children do

vvv Certain neighborhoods in LA are like this

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 2, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I was living in West Baltimore during April 2015 and the memory that sticks in my brain the most from that particular two weeks is how the helicopters were circling circling circling all day and all night. I went and visited a friend out of state for an evening and the quiet was deafening.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/RobSchneider/status/1543489828855025664?s=20

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Maybe the most braindead take I’ve seen in a year

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
If the billionaire says it’s bad then I’m going to assume that means it’s good for the rest of us. Especially if that billionaire relies of what is essentially slave labor to make a deliver goods that he sells.

Not sure how but seems like a safe bet.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I feel like losing the billionaires is an essential step in healthy policy. Not that that implies this is what Biden's doing here

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Norm died and left us with rob. God is a monster

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Maybe the most braindead take I’ve seen in a year
Much like everything Rob Schneider says, he's clearly attempting some sort of joke

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's not a joke, it's just standard Republican bullshit talking points about Democrats being the party of the elites while they're the party of humble American workers. He's saying if Democrats lost a billionaire like Bezos they don't have anyone left.

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1543650827545591808

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Content warning: Bloody face of a woman who was grazed by a bullet in the mass shooting. I'm going to provide a screenshot without the picture, you can click on the link if you want to see it.
It's not gory, she's probably going to have a very bad scar.

Url spoilered to hopefully keep it from embedding
https://twitter.com/AnnBrenoff/status/1544159438096850944

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Content warning: Bloody face of a woman who was grazed by a bullet in the mass shooting. I'm going to provide a screenshot without the picture, you can click on the link if you want to see it.

That poor girl went private and this absolute piece of poo poo still didn’t delete this. Maybe the most psychotic reply ever posted.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
poo poo is loving insane.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gun-violence-shootings-220-killed-july-4-weekend/

quote:

Gun violence spiked over Fourth of July weekend, with shootings reported in nearly every U.S. state that killed a total of at least 220 people and wounded close to 570 others, according to the Gun Violence Archive.

The database, which collects information about fatalities and injuries linked to incidents involving discharged firearms, updated its records early Tuesday. Published tallies show the number of weekend shootings was almost equal to the number of resulting injuries, with well over 500 instances of shootings documented nationwide between Friday and Monday. There were only five states where one or more shootings were not reported in that time frame.

Of all gun violence incidents accounted for during the holiday weekend, at least 11 were classified as mass shootings by the Gun Violence Archive. Any situation where four or more people, excluding the shooter, are killed or wounded by gunshots is considered a mass shooting.

The database lists 315 mass shootings across the country since the beginning of this year, and roughly 22,500 deaths caused by any form of gun violence. The number of injuries so far traced to gun violence approaches the total death toll.

But please make sure and register to vote :decorum:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A perfectly normal country.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Sorry I think that's the correct response, if a bit insensitive. Vote for someone who will act against this. A general strike might work too but lol good luck with that.

She's in no immediate danger, so what else is there to do? Send thoughts and prayers?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

poo poo is loving insane.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gun-violence-shootings-220-killed-july-4-weekend/

But please make sure and register to vote :decorum:
Yes it's pretty nuts. What do you suggest to address this?

It seems that everyone is mad but... not doing anything. Gun control has pretty wide support when polled but people won't vote based on that. Or organize massive protests. Everyone is complicit because despite the ridiculous scale, it still doesn't and will never affect the vast majority of people.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

mobby_6kl posted:

Sorry I think that's the correct response, if a bit insensitive. Vote for someone who will act against this. A general strike might work too but lol good luck with that.

She's in no immediate danger, so what else is there to do? Send thoughts and prayers?

I'm not saying that people shouldn't vote, not at all. But it's not sufficient, and if that's the limit of our imagination, we're screwed.
At least she didn't tell her to donate money to some political fund, so that's a relief.

And this is a terrible transition, I'd planned to post this but I didn't want to do a double-post. I don't want to imply that this is the correct "do more than voting" action:
Since the victim's profile is now private, her GoFundMe link isn't visible anymore either. Just in case someone was looking for it and they missed out: https://www.gofundme.com/f/udfhdp-help-with-medical-and-therapy-cost

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
A bit insensitive? Motherfucker, that poor girl survived a mass shooting -- by a fraction of an inch. Yeah, it's great to tell people to vote and take action and all that, but at least let the poor girl wash the blood from her eyes before you start screaming "VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO, GUESS YOU KNOW WHAT TO VOTE FOR NOW, HUH?!" in her face!

A good response would have been, "Hey, I'm sorry you went through that, let me share your GoFundMe and get the word out about what happened to you on your own terms."

Show a bit of humanity before you turn her blood-soaked thousand-yard stare selfie into a piece of tawdry campaign propaganda, Christ.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The "good" party controls the 3 big gubment branches. Guess they're saying vote for the other guys?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

A bit insensitive? Motherfucker, that poor girl survived a mass shooting -- by a fraction of an inch. Yeah, it's great to tell people to vote and take action and all that, but at least let the poor girl wash the blood from her eyes before you start screaming "VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO, GUESS YOU KNOW WHAT TO VOTE FOR NOW, HUH?!" in her face!

A good response would have been, "Hey, I'm sorry you went through that, let me share your GoFundMe and get the word out about what happened to you on your own terms."

Show a bit of humanity before you turn her blood-soaked thousand-yard stare selfie into a piece of tawdry campaign propaganda, Christ.
Are you saying it's too soon to make it political? Would "Heartwarming! People donate for yet another mass shooting victim's hospital bill" feelgood thing really be better?

It sucks but the outrage needs to be funneled into something that has a chance of actually addressing the problem.

Cocaine Bear posted:

The "good" party controls the 3 big gubment branches. Guess they're saying vote for the other guys?
Which 3 branches are those?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eh, not American my bad. I guess go vote for your supreme court justices or whatever.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

mobby_6kl posted:

Are you saying it's too soon to make it political? Would "Heartwarming! People donate for yet another mass shooting victim's hospital bill" feelgood thing really be better?

It sucks but the outrage needs to be funneled into something that has a chance of actually addressing the problem.

So did you read my post at all or what? It's not a matter of "it's too SOON to make this political!!" or whatever liberal handwringing you're accusing me of, it's the utter lack of compassion in the reply.

It's inherently political, but there's a way to show this woman's trauma as evidence that things are extremely hosed without turning her into a prop, and if you can't understand that then I have no idea what to say to you. The libs try to use tragedy as a prop to try to pass toothless reforms, and when they don't go through because of how transparently ignorant and useless they are (and I mean both the reforms and the liberals who crafted them!) they throw their hands up and shout "PERFECT IS THE ENEMY OF GOOD, WE HAVE TO COMPROMISE, DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT THE VICTIMS???" while those same victims aren't even allowed to get in a word edgewise since the establishment has finished co-opting their plight. Provide additional funding to seek out and aid those dealing with major mental health issues that could potentially turn them to performing violence if left unchecked? Please, we have no time for such long-term measures, we must try to push through a ban on bump stocks and assault rifles, that'll definitely be effective because assault rifles are a thing that exist and it'll be super-easy to ban them! Radical fundamental change is too hard to work toward, we can't address the cause of the situation, so let's all vote for loving band-aids for bullet wounds.

Voting is great! But you know what else is great? Direct action and empathy toward the victims of violence, because filling out a poll doesn't do poo poo wash away blood!

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 6, 2022

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

Voting does sweet gently caress all when all the parties reside a few inch away from goose walking nazis on the political spectrum. Especially when every democrat(which is what that insensitive ghoul was likely suggesting to vote for) has been ineffectual in suggesting real actionable solutions rather than make believe bullshit.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

mobby_6kl posted:

Which 3 branches are those?

At a guess the house of reps, senate, and executive?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/IChotiner/status/1544413423886209024

It's amazing that she's actually worse at public speaking than her 90 year old boss.

https://twitter.com/JakeSheridan_/status/1544479335008051200

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 6, 2022

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Her speechwriter quit a few months back, this new one doesn't seem up to much.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1544486143193915393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Mississippi, goddam.