Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

mycophobia posted:

aids is still a funny thing to call things

not when fluffdaddy does it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Everything is arbitrary because this isn't court. Please feel free to take it to QCS if you don't like it. Otherwise, discuss or chat about anime.

I watched your avatar's show plus movie for the first time recently. It was ok. Wish I hadn't watched every Endless Eight episode though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

not when fluffdaddy does it

I was making more of a general statement

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I watched your avatar's show for the first time recently. It was ok. Wish I hadn't watched every Endless Eight episode though

Endless Eight is great.

Did you watch the movie? Its probably the best Haruhi content.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Endless Eight is great.

Did you watch the movie? Its probably the best Haruhi content.

Yeah, watched the movie also. Is the alternate follow up series worth watching or should I not bother

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i like serial experiments lain :)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycophobia posted:

It's.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Haruhi is still a big blind spot in my knowledge, which is weird considering it was the hot poo poo right when I started watching fansubbed anime. Zetsubou-Sensei ended up being my gateway instead.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, watched the movie also. Is the alternate follow up series worth watching or should I not bother

You mean the Dissapearance of Yuki Nagato?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Ya

marumaru
May 20, 2013

hbag posted:

i like serial experiments lain :)

if you havent watched this video to completion are you even a real lain fan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W1P7AvV17w

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I liked it but its not a must watch

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Haruhi is still a big blind spot in my knowledge, which is weird considering it was the hot poo poo right when I started watching fansubbed anime. Zetsubou-Sensei ended up being my gateway instead.

I went into it completely blind, aside from knowing that weebs really liked to do the dance back in the day

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The yuki show is bad and not worth watching, sadly

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

hello, "things". :grin:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

That's a pretty 3D animated looking avatar you got there. You'd better watch your step around here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1544728277289295872?t=uo5P4f-bh28MuKySHGc76w&s=19

Stop loving making Death Note!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

would rather they keep making death note than do it for a series i like

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Fluffdaddy posted:

tbh I really enjoyed that show, but it's also maybe the most generic anime on the planet

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

marumaru posted:

if you havent watched this video to completion are you even a real lain fan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W1P7AvV17w

i have mild tinnitus and autism that counts right

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Fluffdaddy posted:

If it looks like a Vtuber and quacks like a Vtuber, its Vtuber poo poo. Don't post it.
Hey Fluff, Homoraisen's weird posting boner for me aside, it's my fault for mentioning that mobile setup I saw posted - I'll take a Day Probe for opening the floodgates and own up to it being a bad idea. Sorry.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

vt*bers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i don't know much about vtubers but tails seems like a natural
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfYieaXmqrA

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t2d12MPhA0

marumaru
May 20, 2013

in this moment of hardships for Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide Chat Thread posters let's all take this video's message to heart and together Let's All Love Lain

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Possibly also lmao

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone else find it odd that, even though there is only like 3 or so dark magical girl shows, that Americans in the tabletop rpg scene are obessed with them? If you don't do trpgs, you may not know this, but like 99% of mahou shoujo games are plays on Madoka. Like, not all of them are bad. Princess: The Hopeful kind of sucks due to lack of vision (what if Minki Mori, Sailor Moon, and Cardcaptor were all true at once), but Magical Burst and Magical Fury by our forums own, Ewen Clueny, is good. Still, why the obession with Madoka in the trpg scene? Was it that influential in the anime scene as well? There is no way it was anything more than a cool odity: popular and probably influential but not changing the definition of the genre away from kids.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its a good show

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's normie. That's why

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

never heard of any of those

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Didn't expect that comeback

Welcome back!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only three dark magical girl shows sounds absurdly low

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

wb holmes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sailor Moon is a dark magical girl show

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

:cheers: welcome to an epic time to be posting

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i have watched a total of maybe 7 animes

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think as a genre Magical Girl has always been evolving/changing with various shows making changes to the formula. Nanoha afaik introduced much more Shonen Battle style action; or at least popularized it; and Madoka opened up the formula for much darker (and edgier) story, world building, consequences and stakes. So now it makes perfect sense to have a premise like I dunno, "What if Call of Cthulu but with Magical Girls?" and it would make sense now because Madoka popularized Magical Girl story telling with much darker themes and this tends to be much more popular among the tabletop rpg crowd I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Covok posted:

Still, why the obession with Madoka in the trpg scene? Was it that influential in the anime scene as well?

I think a very specific type of broken brain latched onto Madoka for a variety of reasons and I'm not just saying this because of an ex who really really wants to be post-Rebellion Homura to the point of spending years trying to create a cult of magical girls and abusive relationships because "it's what Homura would want"!

Alternatively, "it's normie" works real well just like most Urobuchi stuff

Sakurazuka posted:

Sailor Moon is a dark magical girl show

Sailor Moon is straight up some metalhead content in places if you actually look at what's going down, like the guy who reinvents murder