Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Beached Whale posted:

Leading NFT market analyst with valuable insight into the cryptosphere

https://twitter.com/NFT_GOD/status/1544321751403925505

Check out this genius tweet

https://twitter.com/NFT_GOD/status/1544321759486349313?s=20&t=PENnGpJXQaN1QkQ9vaeVaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

THF13 posted:

From their statement, which obviously could be bullshit and requires court approval, actual USD held by Voyager looks like it will be returned in full. Anyone who was holding crypto is only getting back some tiny piece of whatever Voyager has left, and getting worthless shares in Voyager, worthless Voyager tokens, and almost certainly worthless proceeds from whatever 3AC is able to pay back.

Worth noting in all this is that the FDIC omnibus account that Voyager had wasn't actually broken out into different buckets for their customers and that they gave people using their debit accounts USDC instead of tracking how much cash they deposited. They have $350 million in the bank, $110 million in free cash to pay bills during the reorganization and $1.6 billion in crypto on their platform. You know the large investors are getting paid first, so who knows what will be left by the time they get to the people with a few thousand dollars/USDC in Voyager?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LMAO WHAT?!?!?!

holy poo poo is just keeps getting better:

NEVER STOP EDGING, CUMMING WILL RUIN THE GRIFT!!!!

drk
Jan 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/ahcastor/status/1544684287638765568

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Is that uh...how bankruptcy normally works?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Squiggle posted:

No.

But what if they're not the ones representing celsius in court? That's their buddies from different firms who totally aren't going to kick back exorbitant legal fees to the new board members/their buddies. The billable hours for crypto bullshit already has to be nuts, and that can easily be padded.

And the grift goes on.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Squiggle posted:

the whole point of crypto schemes is to do finance-ish things while ignoring all history about how those things actually work, why would their bankruptcy be any different

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

LifeSunDeath posted:

LMAO WHAT?!?!?!

holy poo poo is just keeps getting better:

NEVER STOP EDGING, CUMMING WILL RUIN THE GRIFT!!!!

It’s… it’s just the same monkeys…

They’re just the same as BAYC, only drawn worse!

WHY IS THIS EXCITI-:crackping:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Lumbermouth posted:

It’s… it’s just the same monkeys…

They’re just the same as BAYC, only drawn worse!

WHY IS THIS EXCITI-:crackping:

Wouldn't YOU like to know?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This reminds me of that time someone locked down their anime fanfic or whatever behind our paywall here and some folks mightily melted down about it.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Chimpers are charging crazy rates right now because of the "lore" that you can read here https://lore.chimpers.xyz/

It's even worse than whatever teenage girls create for their vampire romantic fiction. Except this is what is building buzz and anticipation among NFT bros.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Welcome... to ZomboCoin. This is ZomboCoin! Welcome! This is ZomboCoin - welcome, to ZomboCoin! You can do anything with ZomboCoin! Anything at all! The only limit... is yourself. Welcome - to ZomboCoin. Welcome, to ZomboCoin! This is ZomboCoin! Welcome to ZomboCoin! THIS IS ZOMBOCOIN! Welcome!!! Yes... this... is ZomboCoin. This is ZomboCoin and welcome to you who have come to ZomboCoin! Anything is possible at ZomboCoin! You can do anything with ZomboCoin! The infinite is possible with ZomboCoin! The unattainable is unknown with ZomboCoin! Welcome to ZomboCoin! This is ZomboCoin! Welcome! This is ZomboCoin! Welcome - to ZomboCoin! Welcome... to ZomboCoin.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This reminds me of that time someone locked down their anime fanfic or whatever behind our paywall here and some folks mightily melted down about it.

that was some dumb Lets Play series and the rage about it across the internet was fuckin amazing

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/TheBlock__/status/1544674260152733697

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

they keep mistaking the word "lost" with "stole" in a lot of these articles.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

But shorting is betting on the price to fall, how incompetent where they to lose everything on a crash that they were betting to happen? :psyduck:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Mozi posted:

Welcome... to ZomboCoin. This is ZomboCoin! Welcome! This is ZomboCoin - welcome, to ZomboCoin! You can do anything with ZomboCoin! Anything at all! The only limit... is yourself. Welcome - to ZomboCoin. Welcome, to ZomboCoin! This is ZomboCoin! Welcome to ZomboCoin! THIS IS ZOMBOCOIN! Welcome!!! Yes... this... is ZomboCoin. This is ZomboCoin and welcome to you who have come to ZomboCoin! Anything is possible at ZomboCoin! You can do anything with ZomboCoin! The infinite is possible with ZomboCoin! The unattainable is unknown with ZomboCoin! Welcome to ZomboCoin! This is ZomboCoin! Welcome! This is ZomboCoin! Welcome - to ZomboCoin! Welcome... to ZomboCoin.

Holy poo poo...it still exists.

https://zombo.com/

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Beached Whale posted:

Leading NFT market analyst with valuable insight into the cryptosphere

https://twitter.com/NFT_GOD/status/1544321751403925505

Normally I'd say something witty like "reading this broke my brain", but that wouldn't be true. What did break my brain is reading all the responses from dipshits who are basically agreeing with them :psyduck:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Vernii posted:

But shorting is betting on the price to fall, how incompetent where they to lose everything on a crash that they were betting to happen? :psyduck:

there were intermittent upswings during the collapse, so i assume they were leveraged bigly and got margin called on the dead cat bounces

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Blotto_Otter posted:

so by "closed" we mean "not actually closed, trading is still happening the entire time before and after, the market is very much 'open' still, but a new tickmark appeared on the X-axis of my chart, such that it feels like I'm staring at stock market charts, which makes me feel like a big boy". we don't actually mean closed, we mean :airquote: closed :airquote:, i got it now

It is as just as stupid as you expect it to be, or maybe moreso.

Beached Whale posted:

Apple is pretty much the Goblintown of computers

Hey, let's not insult Goblintown. At least they aren't hiring for child labor, even if they produce nothing to the world.

I know how this goes. When the crypto exchange I was working for went under, this was the kind of people they appointed as CEO's whose goal was basically dismantle the company.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

LordArgh posted:

there were intermittent upswings during the collapse, so i assume they were leveraged bigly and got margin called on the dead cat bounces

Yeah really bad timing and huge margins that called.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Squiggle posted:

it is common when the old board is going to get sued to hell and back, so they want to appoint the people in charge of doing that

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Durzel posted:

You have to admire the sheer gall at saying that it's more important to make up a load of bullshit about what your JPG project is going to do, than it is to actually deliver any of it.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Normally I'd say something witty like "reading this broke my brain", but that wouldn't be true. What did break my brain is reading all the responses from dipshits who are basically agreeing with them :psyduck:

I'd like to introduce you to a little-known indie project called Star Citizen.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

notwithoutmyanus posted:

When the crypto exchange I was working for went under,
well that explains a lot about your posting

if only they'd listened to your reading of the tea leaves technical analysis, perhaps that exchange would still be around and committing securities fraud to this very day

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I know how this goes. When the crypto exchange I was working for went under, this was the kind of people they appointed as CEO's whose goal was basically dismantle the company.

these are the people who get appointed when previous management completely hosed the company and want to make sure that the report that says they didn't do anything wrong has the stamp of approval of an "independent"

they don't get appointed until you're already measuring for the coffin

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

davecrazy posted:

Holy poo poo...it still exists.

https://zombo.com/

Not only does it still exist, it’s being actively maintained. I know because they upgraded it to HTTPS last year which broke a bunch of my testing infra. I was using zombo.com as a way to test HTTP parsing as it was the last living http site that I could find that never goes down.

Curse you zombo.com maintainers!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Why is number going up and not down?

Why?

why

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Talorat posted:

Not only does it still exist, it’s being actively maintained. I know because they upgraded it to HTTPS last year which broke a bunch of my testing infra. I was using zombo.com as a way to test HTTP parsing as it was the last living http site that I could find that never goes down.

http://neverssl.com/ is maintained for this purpose, and also to trigger shittily implemented WiFi captive portals that work by sniffing for DNS requests.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Star Man posted:

Why is number going up and not down?

Why?

why

dollars are down, but funbucks are up, which are backed by hopes & dreams

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

mdxi posted:

I'd like to introduce you to a little-known indie project called Star Citizen.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Talorat posted:

They also ported it from Flash to HTML5 when browsers started killing Flash support

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

At least three of those sound like slurs in some bad fantasy book.

They’re close to actual slurs too, I thought the same thing.

Tracks with the intended audience

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What I want to know is: why apes?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Unperson_47 posted:

What I want to know is: why apes?

Because it’s created by Nazis and it’s a dog whistle

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I check BTC prices at work and my biggest fear is that IT thinks I’m into coins when I’m actually into affordable GPU prices.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Has there been any source for that other than the other nft scammer who wants you to buy his nfts instead?
I got the impression the ape thing came from the wayy wallstreetbets and other bagholders call themselves apes.
It's from the internet sewer, so I'm certain they do a ton of 'ironic' racism, but I've only seen games of telephone that yuga or whatever is actually fash

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

buglord posted:

I check BTC prices at work and my biggest fear is that IT thinks I’m into coins when I’m actually into affordable GPU prices.

They'll never be at the same price they were before the boom in 2017. nVidia and AMD saw us buy them at their inflated prices when they became available in late 2017 and 2018 and know we're dumb enough to pay it.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Coolness Averted posted:

Has there been any source for that other than the other nft scammer who wants you to buy his nfts instead?
I got the impression the ape thing came from the wayy wallstreetbets and other bagholders call themselves apes.
It's from the internet sewer, so I'm certain they do a ton of 'ironic' racism, but I've only seen games of telephone that yuga or whatever is actually fash

Does it matter? Does some part of you insist on giving them the benefit of the doubt?