Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My favorite part of the article is that they proposed having other EA accounts roast the tweet and people said "This'll only make more people think people hate working at EA"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Who are Forspoken's key partners

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My kindle has achievements now.I regret decrying Tracer Tongs ending now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oh i should do some reading today

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I began reading Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie last night. It’s starts pretty strongly, imo.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Can't believe gamers were mad about a tweet last week and I missed it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

m.2 drives are so weird. It's like they released the prototype without finishing the interface, just stick this plain pcb into this awkwardly placed slot under your graphics I guess.

lol yeah that was the weirdest part of my current pc build, friggin slip this tiny slip of tech in by an edge and then push it down like its gonna snap and then screw this thingy on top of it if u want.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SmashLara/status/1544370952418598912?t=FIyYqeTLPIbu37gyMEPeBA&s=19

Gex, baby!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

gex is back baby

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
gex is no bubsy when it comes to quips

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What are some video games where the main protagonist is purposefully ugly? I don't mean games where the art or graphics are bad or have aged poorly enough that the design is ugly and I don't mean games that try to go for the "ugly cute" aesthetic. I mean games where the protagonist is just intentionally designed to be ugly. I will not accept examples that are from character creation games because those don't count.

Disco Elysium is what comes to mind for me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can't spell "who cares about gex" without GEX!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some video games where the main protagonist is purposefully ugly? I don't mean games where the art or graphics are bad or have aged poorly enough that the design is ugly and I don't mean games that try to go for the "ugly cute" aesthetic. I mean games where the protagonist is just intentionally designed to be ugly. I will not accept examples that are from character creation games because those don't count.

Leisure suit larry
The Witcher (supposedly)
Splatoon (i can only hope)

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

FirstAidKite posted:

Planescape: Torment
The Stanley Parable (More the personification of mayonnaise than ugly tho)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

planescape torment i think?

but as an ugly person IRL i have never seen myself represented in media

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.

FirstAidKite posted:

frankenstein: through the eyes of the monster
bioforge
planescape: torment (though you already said disco)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kerrzhe posted:

gex is back baby

Gex never left

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

May we please have a remaster of Solar Eclipse?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
In 1988, Super Mario Bros. 3 was released, where the very first thing you see after the Nintendo logo is that this game has a kind of stage-play conceit to it.

In 2016, a massive revelation seemed to sweep the Internet, that Super Mario Bros. 3 has a kind of stage-play conceit that you discover when you start the game.

I mention this because someone on Facebook posted a thing asking how weird it was that "we" didn't realize Mario 3 had this conceit until 2016 and I'm just loving baffled because, I know the intro is mostly skippable but surely in almost thirty years everyone who played Mario 3 must have seen the intro at least once jesus christ

Mario 2 having a dream conceit is at least a sort of revelation because you have to beat it to find out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The dream conceit is literally in the manual when it gives the story.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I thought the thing in 2016 is the fan theory that the SMB franchise is Mario and Bowser being besties who are just acting things out for their kids

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I thought the thing in 2016 is the fan theory that the SMB franchise is Mario and Bowser being besties who are just acting things out for their kids

No, it was Miyamoto coming out as Bowser Jr.'s mom.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The stage conceit doesn't make too much sense when you think about it, for many reasons

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

battling over Peach is just their day job, they're good friends off the clock

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

There's the skeleton guy from medievil but maybe halloween themed games are cheating

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Forget about Gex you weirdos IT'S loving RAZIEL :black101:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Raziel is way quippier than Gex

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Waffleman_ posted:

The dream conceit is literally in the manual when it gives the story.

It’s also in the game’s “attract mode”, so you don’t need the manual even.

The stage conceit for 3 just didn’t matter when it was released. They follow the same idea with All Stars, where the cast are talking to themselves in the dark until you press a button and turn the lights on. I think people just didn’t care until games journalism got to the Think Piece part of its evolution, where suddenly writing 2000 words on how Bowser and Mario are just buds putting on shows could earn a freelance check.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Raziel is my favorite Deltarune character.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I bought Vampire Survivor on my lunch break today and just spent the last 5 hours after work playing it.

Help.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s a time vampire lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never really liked Zachtronics games though there was never anything wrong with them, they just felt too much like my actual job, but Last Call BBS owns

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gex is alright, but he's no Vexx

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
But is he better than Lexx?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Draga posted:

But is he better than Lexx?

it's still, to this day, hard to believe that lexx was a real thing and not a fake show my 13 year old brain made up having watched on TV

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Khanstant posted:

lol yeah that was the weirdest part of my current pc build, friggin slip this tiny slip of tech in by an edge and then push it down like its gonna snap and then screw this thingy on top of it if u want.

If rather do this a thousand times than fiddle with sata and power ever again, the fact they're better and almost just as cheap now it's just icing on the cake.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

It’s a buddy adventure platformer like 3 Vikings.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SeXReX posted:

If rather do this a thousand times than fiddle with sata and power ever again, the fact they're better and almost just as cheap now it's just icing on the cake.

i mean i hear u on that initial install but i usually add SSDs after initial build and its relative to jimmy my little fetus hand in there and snap some cables into ssds i leave sitting in a wire nest, whereas if i were to add a second m2 drive at this point i'd have to basically disassemble entire machine and im scared to touch my razor blade heat sink n poo poo everagain

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think I’m finally gonna play Snatcher, the Saturn version is the best way to play right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TsuboiKlein/status/1544772979988520960

Yo, LetMeSoloHer got a real sword