Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Aye Doc posted:

every league takes us to a new and strange place

+1 socketed dex gems goingo waste, trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Aye Doc posted:

no suppression :/

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

von Braun posted:

no suppression :/

Or green sockets!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Aye Doc posted:

The funny thing about this chest is a Skin of the Lords gets you like, 90% of what this is unless you're an Omni build, in which case the no green sockets thing really fucks you.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Man I thought the crafting costs of a few guaranteed color sockets was too high until I blew through literally all 250 of my chromatic orbs then another 30 I bought and couldn't get 3 red on a 4 socket piece.

Probably should've done the math.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You can also do the crafting bench trick with jeweller's orbs to off-color stuff. Craft n+1 sockets, if new socket isn't right craft n sockets and try again

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
nm

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

RandomBlue posted:

Man I thought the crafting costs of a few guaranteed color sockets was too high until I blew through literally all 250 of my chromatic orbs then another 30 I bought and couldn't get 3 red on a 4 socket piece.

Probably should've done the math.

The math has been done: https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

External Organs posted:

Or green sockets!

I assumed they were all white sockets

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Speaking of socket colors, I've always wondered: how are items with no stat requirements weighted? Like Wanderlust, Goldrim, etc. Is it equal weighting for each color, or is it slightly weighted based on the defense type?

Also do items with increased or reduced stat requirements have different weighting?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Fister Roboto posted:

Speaking of socket colors, I've always wondered: how are items with no stat requirements weighted? Like Wanderlust, Goldrim, etc. Is it equal weighting for each color, or is it slightly weighted based on the defense type?

Also do items with increased or reduced stat requirements have different weighting?

Definitely weighted by the defense type. ES is blue, Armor is red, Evasion is green.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Based on me rolling Goldrims: even weighting (^^^ every source I've seen it goes off of attribute requirement, not defenses provided, so...)

Yes, increased/reduced attribute mod affects weighting

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

whypick1 posted:

Based on me rolling Goldrims: even weighting (^^^ every source I've seen it goes off of attribute requirement, not defenses provided, so...)

Yes, increased/reduced attribute mod affects weighting

Just when I thought I knew how something worked in PoE.... lol

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fister Roboto posted:

poemdexter posted:

Definitely weighted by the defense type. ES is blue, Armor is red, Evasion is green.

Holy poo poo, I did not know any of this.

e: I thought it was just equal odds of every color for every socket.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RandomBlue posted:

Read the other posts. The item's defense doesn't influence the socket chance. What does is its stat requirements.

Usually ES items have int requirements, so they roll blue more often. For items that have no stat requirement, there's an equal chance. The higher the stat requirement, the higher the weight, hence "reduced attribute requirements" mods normalizing the chance for off-color sockets.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
lol there's a bricked mageblood in guild stash because someone corrupted it

remember: when global chat tells you to vaal stuff, tell them to get hosed

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

RandomBlue posted:

There is literally a website just to calculate the best method for getting the colours you want. lol.

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

There is literally a website just to calculate the best method for getting the colours you want. lol.

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Yeah, but unfortunately it returns an error if you input all zeroes for the stat requirements, which is why I asked.

But equal weighting makes sense, since you get the same results if the requirements are all the same, no matter what their actual value is.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol there's a bricked mageblood in guild stash because someone corrupted it

remember: when global chat tells you to vaal stuff, tell them to get hosed

To be clear that person double corrupted two magebloods. There's only one in the stash because the other poofed. Was 100% their choice in this case at least, lol.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Dr. Despair posted:

To be clear that person double corrupted two magebloods. There's only one in the stash because the other poofed. Was 100% their choice in this case at least, lol.

yeah he's kinda slow lol

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Just give it to me instead and pretend it poofed. I'd love to have fun with a MB but I doubt I'll ever afford it lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dr. Despair posted:

I once again insist to never gamble.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Magus42 posted:

Just give it to me instead and pretend it poofed. I'd love to have fun with a MB but I doubt I'll ever afford it lol

Just Gwennen gamble one like I did this league. Cost me less than 100 re-rolls.

Too bad the rest of the gear I need is 50+ ex to finish off my Forbidden Rite build. Boots and Gloves need fixing and both cost an arm and a leg right now to buy. Probably going to craft them instead once I get the currency.

Still annoyed that Enlighten level 4 is 15ex on trade so I can't run Zealotry. I need two of them. No way I'm leveling up a bunch and then corrupting them to see if I hit 4. Although simulacrums are going for under 40c right now so maybe it would be worth doing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Leveling up Enlightens/Empowers when you're juicing real hard is easy at least. Sucks that since the droprate change the price of entry is a lot higher though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The drop rate changed? Funny, this is the first time I've manually leveled up multiple Exceptional gems in a league (with a little bit of help from Tora) :shrug:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

whypick1 posted:

The drop rate changed? Funny, this is the first time I've manually leveled up multiple Exceptional gems in a league (with a little bit of help from Tora) :shrug:

I should clarify - the droprate stayed the same, they just gutted most sources of exceptional gems from league mechanics. So that's why the price of a level 1 uncorrupted enlighten is 1-1.5ex instead of the 20c it used to be.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
simulacrums are a ludicrous value at 40c

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Most people dont want to do simulacrums because theyre busy clicking on 2000 altars

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Anyone have advice on selling gear that is expensive at this point in the league? I want to sell some of my Skeleton Mage gear, but my chest and wand are selling for more than 20+ex on the poe trade site. I guess just be online and hope for the best?

I could maybe just cut the cost in half but not sure it's worth it rather than just grinding currency.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

qnqnx posted:

I once again insist to never gamble.

always gamble!!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Hamelekim posted:

Anyone have advice on selling gear that is expensive at this point in the league? I want to sell some of my Skeleton Mage gear, but my chest and wand are selling for more than 20+ex on the poe trade site. I guess just be online and hope for the best?

I could maybe just cut the cost in half but not sure it's worth it rather than just grinding currency.

Cut the price to sell faster, yes.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I guess I'll cut the price in half and see what I get.

The boots I want to make cost 8-15ex depending on whether or not you have bad luck and want elevated hunter/crusader mods.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Hamelekim posted:

Just Gwennen gamble one like I did this league. Cost me less than 100 re-rolls.

Too bad the rest of the gear I need is 50+ ex to finish off my Forbidden Rite build. Boots and Gloves need fixing and both cost an arm and a leg right now to buy. Probably going to craft them instead once I get the currency.

Still annoyed that Enlighten level 4 is 15ex on trade so I can't run Zealotry. I need two of them. No way I'm leveling up a bunch and then corrupting them to see if I hit 4. Although simulacrums are going for under 40c right now so maybe it would be worth doing.

I'll level them up for you, 0.5ex/gem :D

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Hamelekim posted:

I guess I'll cut the price in half and see what I get.

The boots I want to make cost 8-15ex depending on whether or not you have bad luck and want elevated hunter/crusader mods.

if similar items are actually moving at 20ex, you'll quickly get a sale at 18ex or something. lowering stuff 10% at a time will get you sales if you're pricing around what other similar items are actually on the market for. drop them 10% a few times if necessary.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please, Harvest, double my goddamn div cards for the challenge. Please. Please.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Don't be an idiot and misread the description and keep puting in a big-rear end stack of cards because you think that'll improve your odds of getting 4 more but will instead decrease your odds of doubling the amount you get back.

Do be like me and eventually get the challenge though.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elentor posted:

Please, Harvest, double my goddamn div cards for the challenge. Please. Please.

Complaining worked.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I was trying Consecrated Path totems because I liked the idea of little guys that go off on an adventure.

But they go to not-quite-fullscreen and then just deactivate? Is there any kind of passive or unique or something I can get to increase the distance they'll go before they turn off or is that kinda just part of the game?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Vincent Valentine posted:

I was trying Consecrated Path totems because I liked the idea of little guys that go off on an adventure.

But they go to not-quite-fullscreen and then just deactivate? Is there any kind of passive or unique or something I can get to increase the distance they'll go before they turn off or is that kinda just part of the game?

There's a chieftain node that gives 100% increased activation range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Divergent Earthbreaker will give you another 40% as well.