Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwmGziglpc

This is the first special edition switch I think looks great.

Hnnggg, if I didn't already on an OLED Switch I'd have to think REAL HARD about whether to get that one.

If those JoyCons are available separately, I'm gonna be in trouble because I sure as poo poo do NOT need more JoyCons in my accidentally-growing collection. :shepspends:

(Original Red/Blue pair with my launch Switch, the Neon Pink/Green set because they came with Super Mario Party for the same price as a regular copy of the game, admittedly Skyward Sword's just because they were cool Zelda JoyCons, and the OLED Switch came with its White ones)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Switchertoo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They don’t even sell the white ones separately so you’re safe

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they should call it the nintendo switch

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they should call it the wintendo snitch

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they should call it the nintendo switch

That would be a switch-up nobody saw coming.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

hatty posted:

They don’t even sell the white ones separately so you’re safe

There's apparently a Pro Controller coming as well but joke's on them; I got the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller already! :smuggo:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

i replaced the shell and sticks on my lite and it was a big pain in the rear end because 1) ribbon cables are annoying 2) my shell was originally missing parts. but it looks like a game boy now

if my sticks start drifting again idk if i'll go to all that trouble tho

This is insanely sick

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

endlessmonotony posted:

That would be a switch-up nobody saw coming.

You've accidentally discovered the new name. The Switch Up

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Nintendo Switcharoo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Nintendo Vers

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Skipopatomus posted:

You've accidentally discovered the new name. The Switch Up

Eh I thought it was a little derivative after the Switcheroo/Switchertoo.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think people will be disappointed in the power of a Super Switch if it even exists

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nintendo Svvitch

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hatty posted:

I think people will be disappointed in the power of a Super Switch if it even exists

"People"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mama wanna Swarch

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch...

Nintendo 69

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm borrowing Monster Hunter Rise, and I don't have the 10 gigs of space needed for the update. I know they just put out a new expansion and stuff, but holy hell. I'm too lazy to delete stuff for a game I'm returning in a week.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
A week is absolutely not enough time with mh rise

HR mizutsune down!! I don't know if I just learned its patterns while I was getting my rear end kicked with my light bow gun, or the inherent nature of sword and shield requires a lot less downtime and a lot more hit and run tactics but yeah I didn't cart a single time while using a newly crafted rathian poison sword n shield. Hell I didn't even use the shield the entire fight

Woooohoo one more rank to go and I get to experience the new content. Also, I genuinely can't choose between my five favorite weapon types :cry:

Oh well. Going to make/upkeep all of them because I love switching between them every other mission or so

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Oxxidation posted:

the sworch

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got my Switch OLED today! It is a significantly nicer piece of kit than my launch model (although I’m sure five years of wear and tear doesn’t help the comparison). Screen is even better than I expected and the white one looks incredibly nice.

I did laugh when I took my SD card out of my old Switch and put it in the OLED, assuming I’d be able to play the games on it immediately, and was met with a popup box telling me I couldn’t use the card in the console until it had deleted all the software data which uhhhhh???? It kept the captures and save data but was like NO you MUST delete these games

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

drat it, they're never getting more stock of the N64 controllers, are they?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They just had a big restock on them like 2 weeks ago.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Just give me a chance
To do a Switch Pro
dance

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

The new console should be the Nintendo Top. Then they can bring back the magazine and call it Nintendo Powerbottom.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

The new console should be the Nintendo Top. Then they can bring back the magazine and call it Nintendo Powerbottom.

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/1544780151405379587?s=21&t=bAwyLlDFFoXK1YaBjLVooQ

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
They should call the new console the Nintendo Snap so the advertising videos actually make sense.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Do special editions cost more than regular? I really would like to get an OLED and that seems as good a time as any. Still not convinced I want to get Splatoon 3. I really enjoyed 2, I have no doubt I'll enjoy 3, but seeing myself going through the whole thing again feels like a lot, as I know it'll be different but still rather similar. Same thing happens to me with movies. When I see it's 2.5 or 3 hours I lose interest almost immediately, because of the time I'll have to spend on it. I guess this is what getting old is like.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GreatGreen posted:

They should call the new console the Nintendo Snap so the advertising videos actually make sense.
And then of course change their advertising gimmick to like a slide whistle or something.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Nintendo Swatch, but it only plays alarm clock apps in Internet Time.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

2witch

This is a good name because people won't know whether to pronounce it "switch" "zwitch" "twitch" or "two witch," and none of them sound like a new console

I vote for this one because of how mad it made me to read it as "two witch."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I wish Perfect Dark was on the Switch :smith:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imperfect dark: not on switch edition

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This game comes out tomorrow: https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/yurukill-the-calumniation-games-switch/

Has anyone tried the demo? Seems like a wild concept.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GreatGreen posted:

Sorry about your defective Switch that doesn't make the click when you dock it. :ohdear:

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

I did laugh when I took my SD card out of my old Switch and put it in the OLED, assuming I’d be able to play the games on it immediately, and was met with a popup box telling me I couldn’t use the card in the console until it had deleted all the software data which uhhhhh???? It kept the captures and save data but was like NO you MUST delete these games
Game data is encrypted on the SD card with a per-console key as an anti-piracy measure, so yes you have to redownload your games when you transfer a SD card to a different unit. Saves aren't stored on the SD card at all, but screenshots and videos are fine.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

perfect dark and goldeneye should be on the switch. Get on it Miyamoto

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

perfect dark and goldeneye should be on the switch. Get on it Miyamoto

yeah. goldeneye should be on xbox as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

make it happen failtendo/ microshaft!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Started Divinity Original Sin 2 last night and I'm excited to sink my teeth into it, seems like it'll be pretty juicy.