Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I actually bothered reading this one and :

- it's not a resignation lol

- Corbyn could probably sue him for libel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Rubbish.

I guess Osbourne was right and he will have managed to resign just in time to keep his dignity.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

Even the Express has replaced Genius Inventor Boris Johnson

with a pile of Soviet water pumps

I would 100% trust a pile of Soviet water pumps to run the country before anyone in the conservative party tbh

Probably most people in labour, come to think of it

grobbo
May 29, 2014

What's funny about this is that there was at least one blue-tick journalist last night insisting that reliable sources had informed him Zahawi was there last night as one of Boris' supporters.

Just idiot hacks being run in circles by spin-doctors insisting, "The Stanleys are definitely fighting on the side of Richard of York, you guys, despite what you may have heard."

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Time for Labour to start screaming UNELECTED LEADER again

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1544955744101044225?t=xrAePjgEQahcgcQfA918uA&s=19

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

Probably most people in labour, come to think of it

Do you mean the party, or people giving birth

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

well well well, if it isn't something that may or may not be true

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/status/1544957088459284480

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

boooooooooo. coward

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Does he have one letter for leaving and another for staying?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

quote:

Boris Johnson has agreed to resign, but wants to stay on as PM until new Tory leader elected by autumn
Boris Johnson has agreed to resign, the BBC’s Chris Mason reports. He says he wants a new Tory leader to be in place by the party conference. He wants to stay on as PM until then.

Lmao, just lmao

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

grobbo posted:

What's funny about this is that there was at least one blue-tick journalist last night insisting that reliable sources had informed him Zahawi was there last night as one of Boris' supporters.

Just idiot hacks being run in circles by spin-doctors insisting, "The Stanleys are definitely fighting on the side of Richard of York, you guys, despite what you may have heard."

You're assuming he isn't just as two faced as the rest of them and was supporting him yesterday.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'm never the less delighting in the fact that Boris really, really, really didn't want to go and is probably ugly crying right now

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

Lmao, just lmao

Lol forever. Not sure I quite buy it though.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Why not stay for another day or so just to secure the resignations record even more. At this point you might as well just see how far it can go

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The World King dream is over and it was all a wet fart

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I'm never the less delighting in the fact that Boris really, really, really didn't want to go and is probably ugly crying right now

Eh, I wonder if they finally figured out how to shortcut the drama and got a donor to call up and guarantee him a million quid a year pretend job.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Comedy option: Johnson isn’t going to resign, it’s people feeding this to the media to try and force his hand

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.
BBC saying BloJo is going.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1544958008735694849?t=kMhY_C8XCpYGV209dOlSZw&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Boris resigns, wait a few months for a new leader to be chosen, then rescinds his resignation letter

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
resigning but staying on as PM, the stones on this prick.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Hm BloJob juts getting in a car.
Isn't a lectern outside No 10 the normal?
Not going to see Brenda is he?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Do you mean the party, or people giving birth

No people in the middle of giving birth would do a much better job at running the country than nearly anyone in parliament. There is at least going to be one human life other than their own they will care about, so

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

He could at least have the decency to respect traditions like humming the West Wing theme to himself as he leaves.

Doo-doo-doo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Boris staying on until the Autumn would mean he would have to reappoint a whole bunch of people who just told him loudly and publicly to gently caress off forever, or fine a bunch of saps who are happy to take a paycheck for about 2 months before probably being ostracised.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If he gives a public resignation speech I would be *shocked*.

Really hope he does stay on as PM for as long as possible though. I'm imagining a leadership contest over the summer hols constantly interrupted by multiple scandals per day

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah also who is actually going to be in government if he does stay on? A lot of people going to have to unresign 'for the good of the country'. Lol. Lmao.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

keep punching joe posted:

resigning but staying on as PM, the stones on this prick.

What

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Lol if he's actually going to try and stay in for another few months with literally no one in his cabinet.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

quote:

Boris Johnson has agreed to resign, but wants to stay on as PM until new Tory leader elected by autumn

Boris Johnson has agreed to resign, the BBC’s Chris Mason reports. He says he wants a new Tory leader to be in place by the party conference. He wants to stay on as PM until then.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/07/boris-johnson-latest-resignations-today-conservatives-uk-politics-live#top-of-blog

LOL he's really is going to keep trying to just draw this out as long as possible isn't he? As long as it means the tories party keeps festering then good for him.

Also If he manages it are all those ministers just going to... unresign?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1544959549647495170?t=ZEmCg8L4bOVAq8UrTxzh7w&s=19

Holy gently caress

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Who was the ex-PM whose term gave him an arbitrary reason to hold out for at least one more day?

Boris going to spend hte next month getting his public statue erected, or else it was all for naught :qq:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chubby Henparty posted:

Who was the ex-PM whose term gave him an arbitrary reason to hold out for at least one more day?

Boris going to spend hte next month getting his public statue erected, or else it was all for naught :qq:

neville chamberlain, apparently.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Its maybe so he can say he lasted longer than May?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
still time to start that bridge to ireland king.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1544959070288760833

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Well done everyone we did it