Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Pictured: terrifying antisemite JC, only moments before petrol bombing a synagogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Heseltine is on the telly, just remembered that he once strangled a dog.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rustybear posted:

he's absolutely going to un-resign given the smallest window of opportunity

I hope Zelenskyy is ready for a 12-hour video call with Boris.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There are men who have stared death in the face far many more times than him who aren't ready for that.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
trump didn’t resign. coward boris, low energy

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

In December Boris stages a successful coup against Erdogan and becomes the Turkeys leader for life.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9n-2RxMfa4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very excited for the long backslide of this country to be saved by the strong lineup of Tory candidates let's take a look at them but first I'm just gonna take a big ssip of water and

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Pretty sure I've got active bets on both Gavin Williamson and Jeremy Hunt, so hoping for either of those purely for personal enrichment reasons.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

He probably could have walked off the Pincher thing if he hadn't started telling obvious and provable lies, but that would be an impossible task for BoJo so here we are.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1544978574578532354

he's played a loving blinder lads :allears:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bug Squash posted:

He probably could have walked off the Pincher thing if he hadn't started telling obvious and provable lies, but that would be an impossible task for BoJo so here we are.
But if BoJo wasn't telling obvious and provable lies he would have been unable to exercise his duties as Conservative PM

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

You're telling me that pride cometh, before the fall?

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Bug Squash posted:

“Started”

E:

Tesseraction posted:

Pryde cometh, before the fall
But Carrie cometh not at all

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Things might still get funnier

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1544983053306667008

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Watch him force the NI Protocol law through out of spite to gently caress up the next leader.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Johnson could have walked off the Pincher thing every day of the week. It's just the straw that broke the camels back as after the umpteenth scandal the Tories are getting whomped in bye-elections now and election winning is the main thing for having Johnson in place.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Yes it's in june.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I would love for Johnson to pull back from his announced resignation, that would be some light entertainment for sure.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Johnson pivot to not resigning, and instead declaring war on Russia.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Boris walks out of No.10.

Following consultation with the Queen, I have ordered our Strategic Defense Forces to launch their weapons on Moscow. God Save the Queen!

Drops the mike and walks back in, as air raid sirens start to wail in the background.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.
Why would it take until the autumn? Cameron resigned end of June and May was in my mid July. Even if leadsom hadn't dropped out it wouldn't have taken more than a couple of weeks for the final vote to happen.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Future people will be baffled over a comparatively small scandal scuttling him compared to, well, *vaguely point at everyhing Boris has done ever*

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Midnight- posted:

Why would it take until the autumn? Cameron resigned end of June and May was in my mid July. Even if leadsom hadn't dropped out it wouldn't have taken more than a couple of weeks for the final vote to happen.

You can't expect politicians to work in their big summer recess

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Sky News now saying rumours that Theresa May might come back as caretaker PM :wtc:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can't expect Johnson to work at all. Very unfair!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lilljonas posted:

Future people will be baffled over a comparatively small scandal scuttling him compared to, well, *vaguely point at everyhing Boris has done ever*

Any future films /tv productions about the downfall of Boris will only work if they lean into it naturally being a comedy.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

keep punching joe posted:

I don't remember any other PM hanging around after they were ousted? Thatcher, Blair, Cameron, May all hosed off pretty sharpish didn't they?

Depends on the following leadership contest mostly. The Blair situation was weird because he announced he was stepping down mid-term even though he had previously said he'd serve the full time (but not fight another election), but it was almost a year between that and him actually stepping down. Cameron resigned as leader and May was installed 3 weeks later but only because Andrea Leadsom dropped out and they didn't proceed to a Tory membership vote. It was about 2 months between May resigning and Boris coming in because that contest went all the way to the Hunt vs. Boris vote. So unless there's actually someone obvious and unopposed it's always dragged out a bit.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/carldinnen/status/1544978611115106304

So, is Brandon hostage now, or did he resign in a very specific and limited way?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Convex posted:

Sky News now saying rumours that Theresa May might come back as caretaker PM :wtc:

This is an Incredible country, just so poo poo

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Convex posted:

Tbf that's exactly the type you want to be caretaker PM since they have elder statesman vibes and there is zero chance of them grabbing power for themselves.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

So, is Brandon hostage now, or did he resign in a very specific and limited way?

Lol this is that episode of Seinfeld where George just walks back into work and pretends he didn’t quit

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Do it. May hates Patel so the lol train can keep running.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Flayer posted:

Tbf that's exactly the type you want to be caretaker PM since they have elder statesman vibes and there is zero chance of them grabbing power for themselves.

Caretaker PM Peter Bone

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Noxville posted:

Lol this is that episode of Seinfeld where George just walks back into work and pretends he didn’t quit

which was based on Larry David literally doing the exact same thing at SNL in real life

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Does he think Johnson accepted all the other 60 resignations? Sad clown wants his job back after it seems like Johnson is going

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

let's go brandon

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Convex posted:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

dr_rat posted:

Any future films /tv productions about the downfall of Boris will only work if they lean into it naturally being a comedy.

Matt Lucas doing his Sir Bernard Chumley character but in a pure blond wig.
Am surprised he hasnt done it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
*Elder statesman vibes*