Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

The most sensible explanation I’ve heard for the Pincher scandal being the thing that brought Boris down rather than everything else is that it’s a scandal that only hits Boris, not any of the other possible leadership contenders. People have been waiting for their chance since the original VoNC and this is a good opportunity. (I suspect there’s also some homophobia/misogyny in there - probably the tories would have cared a lot less if Pincher had been groping women.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sam Coates on Sky saying that some Tories are trying to unresign now

Clownshoes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/kwasikwarteng/status/1544972798044553217

:allears:

Tesseraction posted:

let's go brandon

lmao

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Sam Coates on Sky saying that some Tories are trying to unresign now

Clownshoes

lol if that graph is updated to record 'unresignations' as well

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"I resign!"

"I resign!"

Boris: "Fine I resign!"

"Well I unresign!"

"I also unresign!"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

lilljonas posted:

Future people will be baffled over a comparatively small scandal scuttling him compared to, well, *vaguely point at everyhing Boris has done ever*
Boris Johnson: the Al Capone of British politics.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Perhaps u could call this... a resine wave

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/YoungLiberalsUK/status/1544981914288902144

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

If enough people unresign does Johnson also automatically become unresigned?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

No. I care for the squirrels

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/tricktrifle/status/1544985530684801024?t=yKqKveg-rdqolEbZy7DEGg&s=19

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

in which accent is this tweet supposed to be read

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Meanwhile in the US democracy has months left to live. God I love how interesting these times are.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Convex posted:

in which accent is this tweet supposed to be read

Glasgow Uni

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

dr_rat posted:

Any future films /tv productions about the downfall of Boris will only work if they lean into it naturally being a comedy.

Similarly my idea for the inevitable Trump administration comedy in 15 years is to do it as a traditional 3 camera sitcom but then between every scene transition over the 4 years is an infotext showing what the atmospheric CO2 PPM on that date.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Meanwhile in the US democracy has months left to live. God I love how interesting these times are.

Feeling the same excitement as the Aussies did that day when Tony Abbott was ousted but was just driving around the city in his car and they were wondering if he was trying to run out the clock because if he waited like 12 more hours he'd get a much larger pension.

I think that TrashFuture Milo's observation that we're a very low-stakes country is apt. In the US 230 people died from gun violence during their Independence Day weekend which may be the last one celebrated in a nominal democracy. In the UK we're all laughing at the silly hair man desperately performing the Downfall meme in joker makeup as the other clowns desperately try and grab the keys to the car.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
lol that Bray guy is playing Benny Hill music over Sky News interviews

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
LMAO at the Benny Hill theme tune blasting out on Oxford Green during interviews :master:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My skills wallet has been sorely empty :(

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
I really hope someone screencapped that report from Westminster on Sky News with yakety sax blasting full volume in the background

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dabir posted:

https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings/status/1544727942462324738

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
loving yakety sax drowning out some tory drone on sky news lmao

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Somehow Johnson has appointed a full cabinet.

At least that means there's more people to resign?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Tesseraction posted:

"I resign!"

"I resign!"

Boris: "Fine I resign!"

"Well I unresign!"

"I also unresign!"

Ministers: It's resign season!

Boris: Cabinet season!

M: Resign season!

B: Resign season!

M: Cabinet season!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'd forgotten that through everything yesterday, Zahawi started to get investigated by the National Crime Agency, and Boris admitted to meeting ex-KGB folks off the record

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

I'd forgotten that through everything yesterday, Zahawi started to get investigated by the National Crime Agency, and Boris admitted to meeting ex-KGB folks off the record

Just a powerful rake-stepping exercise yesterday

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Now Johnson is doing a reshuffle?! Brilliant

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Flayer posted:

Now Johnson is doing a reshuffle?! Brilliant

why is he appointing cabinet ministers if he is also resigning in 30 minutes? lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He kept hearing about rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic and figured if it was such a popular phrase it must be a good idea.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember when Corbyn's entire shadow government resigned and he just said gently caress you and kept going? Boris could never

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I mean it probably won't lead to better things for the country, but it is absolutely loving hilarious. Carrie Johnson must be furious.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Convex posted:

why is he appointing cabinet ministers if he is also resigning in 30 minutes? lmao

If he wants to stay until October, he kind of has to have some bodies in seats.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1544954589098778624?t=KsrmVKJpSfwLvepPbFOnWA&s=19

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jamestitcomb/status/1544992091838758913

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rarity posted:

Remember when Corbyn's entire shadow government resigned and he just said gently caress you and kept going? Boris could never

God the chicken coup was funny.

Remember how his opponent bragged about beating off a hundred men to win the affections of his wife.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

https://twitter.com/IcelandFoods/status/1544720221843456001

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

we can only hope boris goes the way of low tax

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

EvilHawk posted:

Theoretically, Ministers don't have to be a member of either house. 'Convention' usually requires that they are though.

It wouldn't surprise me if he tossed that aside if he thought it might work.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lmao that ratio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT