Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Maybe instead did focusing on who did the rape we can search for the other footballer who was there in the room, that might be easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Maybe instead did focusing on who did the rape we can search for the other footballer who was there in the room, that might be easier

That could be another 1-5 people in the London area. That just makes narrowing everyone down harder, dude.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Eric Cantonese posted:

That could be another 1-5 people in the London area. That just makes narrowing everyone down harder, dude.

Yeah maybe start with the cameraman

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

sassassin posted:

Why else would they be in Barnet though?

Maybe it was another footballer's house and there was a sex tape needing filmed.

I have no idea why anyone would ever be in Barnet tbf.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

jack "jack wilshere is a oval office" wilshere has retired. rip to a real one. also the guardian has put out a piece that the club of whoever it was what did them rapes was aware of the first allegations when they were made over a year ago and still played them all last season.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sprotto posted:

jack "jack wilshere is a oval office" wilshere has retired. rip to a real one. also the guardian has put out a piece that the club of whoever it was what did them rapes was aware of the first allegations when they were made over a year ago and still played them all last season.

tbf I don’t think any clubs do anything until an arrest has been made. Ronald has had rape allegations hanging over his head for like a decade.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
A lot of clubs do. There were some "credible but unsubstantiated" rumours about a Liverpool player a couple of years back that sounds like it got settled, and the athletic got a whole article out of listing the clubs with a suspected assualter.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Jack Wheelchair

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Promising youngsters with glass knees were a hallmark of the late Wenger era.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Excuse me, Wilshere had glass ankles

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

qirex posted:

Promising youngsters with glass knees were a hallmark of the late Wenger era.

Abou Diaby springs to mind immediately. Retired at 31.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Probably didn't help that a lot of opponents had "see how many ankles/knees we can break" as the go-to tactic against Arsenal. You could probably make a decent XI out of Arsenal players who were on the receiving edge of horrific tackles that went unpunished or were considered "minor" infractions.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yes the giant conspiracy to injure all of Arsenal's players that included dozens of other clubs and the FA is what denied Wenger his rightful recognition as the greatest manager ever.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I think it had more to do with rigorous training, thrusting kids into professional matches before they were physically ready, and depending on them to play constantly

They all picked up small injuries early and had to play through them, then it was just a string of injuries after that. Maybe starting 18 year old jack wilshere against a midfield of cloggers every week wasn't a good idea regardless of any tactic to be more physical against Arsenal

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Jack Wheelchair

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
remember that a player with a broken back managed to pass an arsenal medical, id start looking there rather than blame the shawcross illuminati

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
They won a trophy for that

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

He's in a wheelchair in heaven now.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Just reading in Dutch media that Ten Hag says that he will keep Maguire as captain lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nawilo_420 posted:

Just reading in Dutch media that Ten Hag says that he will keep Maguire as captain lmao

And this is surprising to you?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Erik Tenth Place is gonna be great

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

biglads posted:

Erik Tenth Place is gonna be great

Erik Tenth Place is currently stomping the Liverpuds in uh, *checks notes, here it is*, Bangkok, 3-0 in the 35th minute.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looks like they didn't need de jong and fraudnaldo after all. Getting a lot of Alex Ferguson vibes from this first half of a friendly in Thailand

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hey, the last time a mid-table Premier League club went to Thailand and handed out a good bumming on film they only went on to win the league.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I can't believe manu just won the league. Shameful scenes.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shrapnig posted:

Hey, the last time a mid-table Premier League club went to Thailand and handed out a good bumming on film they only went on to win the league.

actually I believe that the team that won the league was the one that took a licking

but I for one am entirely here for claiming that we're going to win the league powered by a makelele or a charlie savage, as something to do

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

actually I believe that the team that won the league was the one that took a licking

but I for one am entirely here for claiming that we're going to win the league powered by a makelele or a charlie savage, as something to do

The spine of the team still looked bad, as a surprise to no one.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

biglads posted:

Erik Tenth Place

lol i love it op, because it's true

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Manchester United have won the preseason trophy

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vaccination Status Watch is also on because of the many teams doing preseason in the US and Australia, possibly other places, as those countries require a full series of a COVID vaccine to enter as a foreign national.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
What do we think about Sterling being a good fit at Chelsea? As a neutral I really liked him at Liverpool when he used to do mazy runs, but he was boring/frustrating to watch under Pep, even when putting up decent numbers.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I think it's a great signing at a fantastic price. He'll do very well there.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Tuchel won the CL with an interchangeable gang of fast dribbly people doing cool stuff two years ago, Sterling is a hell of a fast dribbly person to add.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
https://twitter.com/standardsport/status/1548421305795432448?s=21&t=zOoB3pwMf55EXC_jdL1XQw

Kante and Loftus-Cheek are unvaxxed and Tuchel is (justly) melting down about it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Saw arsenal u23s play this weekend and definitely understood why most of them aren't in the first team

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

nawilo_420 posted:

https://twitter.com/standardsport/status/1548421305795432448?s=21&t=zOoB3pwMf55EXC_jdL1XQw

Kante and Loftus-Cheek are unvaxxed and Tuchel is (justly) melting down about it

Iirc Kante has to wait for the health authorities to clear it for use in people under 5’

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ilmucche posted:

Saw arsenal u23s play this weekend and definitely understood why most of them aren't in the first team

Why, have you forgotten how the first team plays?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Frank Lampard's Everton are currently losing 3-0 to minnesota united in the prestigious cash grab Clash of Nations 2022

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
If pre-season games are a joke (they are) then that one is pretty fuckin funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Doctor Teeth posted:

Frank Lampard's Everton are currently losing 3-0 to minnesota united in the prestigious cash grab Clash of Nations 2022

My fervent hope is that Everton are actually relegated this year with a full season under Lampard to watch the English press contort themselves trying to blame it on anyone but Fat Frank.