Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hell yeah tomorrow we get a proper greek-off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Virtue posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Serena retires either now or after the next tournament and she exits 1st round.

She'll be drowning her sorrows in her panic room for sure op

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
well i didn’t see that happening

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Oh man Tsitsipas has let himself get sucked into Kyrgios's drama and has completely lost the plot.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
This Kyrgios - Tsitsipas matchup is crazy.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I had a chance to see Tsitsipas play Kyrgios in the semifinals of the Citi open back in 2019. That went to a 3rd set tiebreak. So much retrospective FOMO right now.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Are they gonna be throwing punches by the end of this match?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Saw this elsewhere: Kyrgios is a 4chan poster while Tsitsipas is a Reddit poster. Both are toxic, but the 4chan poster is less pretentious and is just straight up with you.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Is it just me or is this commentary... bad? I only casually watch tennis here and there (I know Kyrgios has a reputation) and I've only been watching the match for 45 minutes, but I don't understand what the commentators are so upset about. It seems like a great, exciting match with the antics you'd expect and the fans are really into it, and the commentators are talking as if they're burning bibles on the court. Did I miss something?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Tennis is a very civilised sport for very civilised people and saying gently caress audibly on court is considered to be incredibly gauche.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This match loving owns

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
that was suhc a good match god drat

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

drat. I don't know enough about tennis to know how good that match was from a technical/strategic/etc standpoint, but that was extremely fun to watch as a casual spectator. That ruled.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Iga’s reign is over for now. Unfortunate but she never did particularly well on grass. Not to take anything away from Cornet - she played well, but Iga was imploding especially in the second set.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

emptyrave posted:

drat. I don't know enough about tennis to know how good that match was from a technical/strategic/etc standpoint, but that was extremely fun to watch as a casual spectator. That ruled.

I think the tennis was generally pretty good without being excellent. But the drama was top tier, amazing shithousery from Kyrgios. He's such an rear end in a top hat I love him

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/lmechegaray/status/1543310421528117249

he ruuuuuules

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Great start from Juicy Jannik. Please God make it happen.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
👀

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
LETS loving GO

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hes gonna pull off another insane comeback

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

bump_fn posted:

hes gonna pull off another insane comeback

Definitely. And I’m gonna be livid.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
he cant keep getting away with this.gif

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Djokovic makes my blood boil.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Sending all my energy to Roger's knee so he can come back and spirit bomb Novak out of existence

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
I am sad

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

nikosoft posted:

Sending all my energy to Roger's knee so he can come back and spirit bomb Novak out of existence

same op, same

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

He so rules he's off to court for assaulting his ex gf. Can't say I'm shocked based on how he is with everyone around him in public, makes sense it's magnified in private.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Just been reading up on the next biggest american super star tennis player Taylor Fritz (24) and he got married at 18 and had a child at 19 lmao

as of now he is divorced and dating what appears to be a tiktok model

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

He so rules he's off to court for assaulting his ex gf. Can't say I'm shocked based on how he is with everyone around him in public, makes sense it's magnified in private.

Cool cool so I have to root for Taylor fritz or cam norrie

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Good things don't exist because Nadal and Djokovic are still winning tennis matches.

GordonComstock
Oct 9, 2012
As someone who couldn’t watch the match, did Fritz play well or was Nadal not playing well?

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

GordonComstock posted:

As someone who couldn’t watch the match, did Fritz play well or was Nadal not playing well?

I watched the last 3 sets. Nadal had an abdominal injury and was playing poorly for a while - lots of unconvincing serves and backhands. Fritz played some great games but made a ton of unforced errors in the last set and blew the final tie-break within seconds.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Really bad situation now where i have to root for nadal vs kyrgios, and then for nadal vs djokovic, and then he'll have 22 😑

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

life is hell

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

nawilo_420 posted:

life is hell
Nadal has a pretty legit abdominal injury. Assuming Kyrgios doesn't implode (which could very well happen), he should win easily.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

What's a lot of people's beef with Nadal anyway? He seems a fairly decent guy overall, not a lot of controversy apart from the doping allegations which I think seemed to be unfounded?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He is a dope fraud

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Nadal just withdrew. He can’t serve. Welp.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He is a dope fraud

I hate Nadal as much as the next person and follow the rules of tennis (always back Fed over Nadal, always back both over Novak) but lets face it all of tennis are dope frauds. I still laugh when Fed revealed, at the time, he had only been tested four times in his entire career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

What a waste. Could have had a fun big boy serve match between fritz and kyrgios. Then again fritz couldn’t beat someone with torn abs