Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Protagorean posted:

lol it's shitposting not mortal combat, the photosensitivity warning dino in your av looks more like the attitude you should be adopting than whatever this is. a Loving Dog, more like a Barking Dog, woof!

average liz hater ☝️

C0N5T1P4T3D
Jun 19, 2022

by Pragmatica
all this renewed hatred for catholics is good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lolll

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

well thats a bad sign for how the last third of the series I haven't listened to yet turned out

i got through the final paean to kerensky before ejecting, it's trash, do not waste your time

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
nobody has disproven for sure that bust rodd is elon musk. same number of letters in name = ???

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

tokin opposition posted:

nobody has disproven for sure that bust rodd is elon musk. same number of letters in name = ???

:thunk:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

bust rodd is fuckin dead

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

bust rodd is fuckin dead

busted one rodd too many

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Has any podcast done an episode about Olof Palme?

i heard of it either from a podcast or an article about random people who were commited to investigating it

the important thing is that it's done by swedes or people who care too, one because of the funny accent and t w o because if it's done by some americans theyll decide its TOTALLY GLADIO

it's definitely an interesting story, pinning it on some guy and a grand jury saying nah, then saying ok it's this fella who killed himself right after. get the blowback lads on it

honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was pettersson by accident or engstrom because he was an rear end in a top hat in the right place at the right time. it just doesn't seem premeditated.

Quotey has issued a correction as of 04:33 on Jul 7, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Quotey posted:

the important thing is that it's done by swedes or people who care too, one because of the funny accent and t w o because if it's done by some americans theyll decide its TOTALLY GLADIO

it's definitely an interesting story, pinning it on some guy and a grand jury saying nah, then saying ok it's this fella who killed himself right after. get the blowback lads on it

honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was pettersson completely by accident.

I hope it was PKK. Not sure Sweden learned a lesson from it though as it sold out the Kurds yet again.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

he was very much an anti-US guy personally (visited castro iirc) but noone cares about sweden so it doesn't really matter

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Quotey posted:

he was very much an anti-US guy personally (visited castro iirc) but noone cares about sweden so it doesn't really matter

He’s just like jfk in the sense that his actual anti colonial commitment gets very played up. He was against South African apartheid but happy to sell arms to kill black and brown people.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

He’s just like jfk in the sense that his actual anti colonial commitment gets very played up. He was against South African apartheid but happy to sell arms to kill black and brown people.

Got to respect the hustle. Sell those war-skis.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Amerifats love going gladio years of lead strategy of tension lol lmao.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

The Marshall plan is the smartest and most effective thing the US ever did. Somehow never managed it again other than in S Korea and New Jersey.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Amerifats love going gladio years of lead strategy of tension lol lmao.

Years of bread & strategy of distension

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There was also another Swedish politician that was killed after Palme iirc. Something on that would be cool too.
Anna Lindh? I don't know if there's too much content there, it seemed relatively open-and-shut, haven't heard much in the way of evidence beyond 'unwell man commits crime of opportunity':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mijailo_Mijailovi%C4%87

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Quotey posted:

The Marshall plan is the smartest and most effective thing the US ever did. Somehow never managed it again other than in S Korea and New Jersey.

pretty crazy to think that only 50 years later US institutions had eroded to the point where they attempted the same thing and ended up with a macabre libertarian circus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mike is [dota bounty hunter voice] getting paid

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
is there a good podcast or audio book about the USSR in the 20th century?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

fr0id posted:

is there a good podcast or audio book about the USSR in the 20th century?

yeah cumtown

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Well THere's your problem

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

lmao

Did anyone else listen to the final episode about the great purge and wrapping up the series, I've no idea how fair or accurate it is now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Her Dryer posted:

lmao

Did anyone else listen to the final episode about the great purge and wrapping up the series, I've no idea how fair or accurate it is now.

I have. It's pretty much just a recitation of facts (or "facts" idk) without a ton of editorializing. Just "on this date Stalin tried this group of insiders on prima facie ridiculous charges and had them all shot." "This year Stalin and the secret police sent this many thousand people to the gulags" etc.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

babypolis posted:

pretty crazy to think that only 50 years later US institutions had eroded to the point where they attempted the same thing and ended up with a macabre libertarian circus

Basically everything good in western society came as a result of governments being poo poo scared of both Labour unions and the USSR post WWII

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
What we need is for someone in a Midwest town to send a letter to President Xi asking for them to repair their bridge basically

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

projecthalaxy posted:

I have. It's pretty much just a recitation of facts (or "facts" idk) without a ton of editorializing. Just "on this date Stalin tried this group of insiders on prima facie ridiculous charges and had them all shot." "This year Stalin and the secret police sent this many thousand people to the gulags" etc.

in the Mexican revolution series he spends 5 seconds saying the Spanish killed 25 million people

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Farm Frenzy posted:

average liz hater ☝️

as the philosopher said the deadliest hates come from the deepest desires :blush:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Apraxin posted:

Anna Lindh? I don't know if there's too much content there, it seemed relatively open-and-shut, haven't heard much in the way of evidence beyond 'unwell man commits crime of opportunity':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mijailo_Mijailovi%C4%87

Ah, I initially heard of her death being described as an Olof Palme situation. Didn't realize it was already solved.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Quotey posted:

i heard of it either from a podcast or an article about random people who were commited to investigating it

honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was pettersson by accident or engstrom because he was an rear end in a top hat in the right place at the right time. it just doesn't seem premeditated.

Goon ghostpinballa has a great podcast series about just this called "ghost stories for the end of the world". He's a brit so you won't get any of that amerifat nonsense.

https://ghoststoriesfortheend.podbean.com/

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

slave to my cravings posted:

in the Mexican revolution series he spends 5 seconds saying the Spanish killed 25 million people

rough. I'm not saying his approach is the best or worst or whatever I was just trying to report on what the episode was like. I'm way too uninformed to know whether his numbers are correct but he was basically just reading numbers and then for the big players like the other Politburo members dates on when they got taken.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

lol Brace. I think you RElapsed BRo

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Hello friends :) Your pals at the pod here! Hope ya'll are having a hella cool day. We are too! We scheduled this post from PRISON! Joke, joke. WE're not in prison. We're at home! And we're saying that soon, we'll be in YOUR homes! Right next to you! We're going on tour!!!! That's all I'm going to do in the voice I imagine people talk to each other with on Slack. I have never worked in an office so my ideas of how people in offices talk are mostly gleaned from things I come across (not on purpose) on the internet.

you might be wondering. WHERE DO I BUY? And we're telling you: Right here! At 10 AM on WEDNESDAY JULY 13th we are giving our subscribers a PRESALE CODE on PATREON. The tickets will go to general sale a few days later. So you get to have a crack at them first. It's not a discount code it's just a presale code. So don't act too happy about it.

I have been assured that the tickets are going out at10 AM no matter where you are. I genuinely don't understand how that works. I guess 10 AM in New York is 7 AM in San Francisco. But it's fair to say that if you're in San Francisco then you probably won't need to buy a ticket for New York. Unless you really are going to buy a PLANE ticket for New York so that you can come to our show. But if you're in a situation like that I really gotta tell you: You're on your own. I can't--won't--help you. I have too much stuff to do in the interregnum. Better to catch a flight from Boston to SF and then decide at the last minute you want to take a trip to Manhattan. The last guys who did that got really famous. You'll just gently caress it up though I think. SO just be sure to be in your town or use a VPN to pretend you're in your town in order to buy tickets. DOn't use the VPN for nothing else though. Imagine telling your fantastic lover that the reaosn you are so late in texting back is not because you are busy watching the sun dance it's way across the line of roaches you have lined up underneath the magnifying window, not because you're high off the fumes from the burning carpet underneath them, but because you'r eon a Mac Book Pro with VPN Enabled and their sexual texts are being transmitted via Switzerland. Imagine that.

What is the show itself? It is NOT a live podcast. WE are not recording it and you cannot record it. It is a performance. And I will perform a beating of your rear end if you ask us to do a live podcast. Just playing. It's all love. I love saying that. It's all love is a great phrase. I'm going to say it when I'm shoveling dirt onto your coffin! Just playing again, all love again.

What is the year of the smile? Well a year is generally about most of a year if not all of it. A smile's the thing you do when you see your one true love. What happens when the twain meet? Magic! The magic of showbiz! We're a SHOW BUSINESS. And we're going to show you our business: The business of having fun and goofing around. Just kidding again, all love once AGAIN. We're going to bring you down deep to the pit. We're going to love you in the oubliette. Do you hear that gentle crackle? It's tinfoil---you're on fire---you're sliding up and down the tinfoil in the shape of a smile! Just kidding.. I made all that poo poo up. The show is about Smiling.

It's All Love,

Brace Liz and Yung Chomsky

Markos, TrueAnon Manager and General Counsel

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Unhinged, absolute madman. Love im to bits

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

needs the poster for full effect

Fellatio del Toro has issued a correction as of 15:23 on Jul 7, 2022

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The latest American Prestige was so bad. Matthew Specter is a terrible interview; half the words that came out of his mouth were the names of historians he's read. It's like Danny and Derek took the "Historians always say things are more complicated and started earlier" joke they've repeated and conjured it into being.

C0N5T1P4T3D posted:

all this renewed hatred for catholics is good
Soon everyone will hate the Catholic Church as much as Catholics

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 15:27 on Jul 7, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

needs the poster for full effect

Brad Troemel's been posting bits of that on his Instagram and I was wondering what it was gonna end up being. Nice!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

The latest American Prestige was so bad.

How do you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I didn't know how he tweeted at the time. It was a fairly dry by the numbers itemizing of bronze and then iron age China for the portion I listened to
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I had no idea the guy who does the History of China podcast was a CCP Reply Guy. Are there other good podcasts that cover the history of China starting from ancient dynasties?