Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Haha that's awesome. "Well, we already got the cake booked, sorry, gotta stay in power."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There is zero chance anything good comes out of this right?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
There's a high chance that it will be funny however

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yeah I am looking forward to the pure bantz of whatever Liz Truss comes up with in the leadership hustings

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Boris has honorably resigned. Keith must resign in disgrace

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MikeCrotch posted:

Yeah I am looking forward to the pure bantz of whatever Liz Truss comes up with in the leadership hustings

I'd have said she was the stupidest person to run but suella braveman announced she will and she is possibly even worse

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I really wanted Boris to have to resign because of a dumb party. That would've been very funny.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Nonsense posted:

Boris has honorably resigned. Keith must resign in disgrace

I just thought of a party hosted by Keith at Chequers and shuddered

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the country cottage wedding thing is absolutely loving hilarious

have the wedding you want, boris. crush the saboteurs

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

mcmagic posted:

I really wanted Boris to have to resign because of a dumb party. That would've been very funny.
from another point of view he's staying in office because of one

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

"boris johnson" doesn't even sound like a real name, it sounds like what you'd name a cartoon dog character

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

smoobles posted:

"boris johnson" doesn't even sound like a real name, it sounds like what you'd name a cartoon dog character

what about "alexander boris de pfeffel johnson"?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think if we're honest the papers could never bear the thought of being ruled by a turk which is why they had to get rid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

An international please clap

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1544999416402063361?t=r0qU5HgS8oEuJAdU-Hf-EA&s=19

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Reporter: What is your #1 Greatest Crime?

Madame Prime Minister: Running through the fields of wheat (?)

Legendary interview moment imo.

I mean remember when they asked Boris what his hobby was and he said it's painting boxes? That has to be some Eton perversion.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
ill always remember boris' one skill, not the ability to speak latin, but to regurgitate from memory some dumb poem in latin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

genericnick posted:

I mean remember when they asked Boris what his hobby was and he said it's painting boxes? That has to be some Eton perversion.

his basement trollies are my favorite thing about him though

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Hey, you're the Great Satan now

Yes, we inherited the institutions of the satanic British Empire so god bless America and god drat america at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-AMYos0Js

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

gonadic io posted:

Why would you post that on July 5th though

typical brit thinks the world time is based on "grenwitch" time or whatever satanic nonsense

however technically correct

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fuckin embarassing

i mean... not as embarrassing as australia's lack of action on assange but still pretty bad

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
by letting bojo be pm until autumn they fools are only giving him time to charge up his final form

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Haha that's awesome. "Well, we already got the cake booked, sorry, gotta stay in power."

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

genericnick posted:

probably a weird posho euphemism for loving

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

forkboy84 posted:

Wow, Kwasi Kwarteng fucks

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

lol

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Boris the beast going nowhere.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

The English psyche is such that he'll get a boost in his approval ratings now that he's walking around like a mopey loser.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

genericnick posted:

wasn't that to goose seo results around a scandal at the time? musk does the same thing.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Cloks posted:

wasn't that to goose seo results around a scandal at the time? musk does the same thing.

It was painting boxes to look like buses so that when you Googled "boris bus" you would get articles about that interview instead of pictures of the bus with "350m a week for the NHS" as a benefit of brexit

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

He will observe convention. I have no doubt about that. I am here on that basis. The convention is there is no such thing as an interim prime minister. We will have a new party leader and that party leader will then kiss hands with the Queen. Until that time the prime minister will carry on governing but as a caretaker. That is very, very clear. And that is what cabinet established clearly today

:yikes:

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

forkboy84 posted:

He's got the political instincts of a particularly stupid dog.

Letting the Tories sort this out themselves instead of screaming like he’s on fire for a vote of no confidence and an election is stunning to say the least.

Why trap your enemy and start throwing anchors? Better to politely sit back.

No-win scenario staring them right in the face (Tories lose election now, or Tories have to support Boris and lose later after tearing the party apart) and they just sit there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

isn't there pretty much zero chance a general is called, unless it's by the new tory pm?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What's the electoral timeline here? I thought one worry was that they'd jettison Boris just in time to be able to pitch themselves to the gammons as a newly reformed and sensible party and hamstring any chance Labour had at accidentally falling into power that I'm pretty sure they don't actually want at this point.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so funny that all the people who claim to know boris say don’t you loving dare leave him in office he’s going to fight back and refuse to leave or take everyone down with him

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It is 2032. Boris Johnson is still prime minister. He refuses to leave downing street and has taken to eating constantly, making himself too physically large to be removed from the building. There are no laws as there is no government to enforce them. Labour still polling at 33%

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

It is 2032. Boris Johnson is still prime minister. He refuses to leave downing street and has taken to eating constantly, making himself too physically large to be removed from the building. There are no laws as there is no government to enforce them. Labour still polling at 33%

he starts vblogging 1-man hotdog eating contests

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Boris Johnson Mukbang PMQs

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online