Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

"push Wardlow, Miro and Eddie Kingston"

What show is this guy watching?

He's a WWE watching bigot. His profile is only WWE fandoms and slurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CommonShore posted:

what does this mean

He was relatively unknown before being put in a promotion with heavy ties to WWE basically.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

It's from the music industry. An artist would be scouted by a major label through a connection or referral, but the artist would present themselves as an unsigned independent to get street cred. Once they had gotten some name recognition, they then would actually sign with that same major label. It's gets more complicated but thats the gist.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Maybe WWE should put all their golden boys & girls to work in the indies for 3 years.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CommonShore posted:

what does this mean

In music it's a term for a performer who's a front for a group of song writers, producers, or the record company at large. A record execs daughter who can sing and has the connections to easily get into the business. I'm not really sure what it means in wrestling outside of Theory being in WWE's ecosystem for most of his career. He's always been one of their guys.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seems very odd for vince to care about hardcore indie wrestling fans, but then again, it's vince mcmahon, who created that bigoted gimmick for ilja dragunov

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

CommonShore posted:

what does this mean

More specifically, it means that WWE had him wrestle in indie feds they have a good relationship with to get experience while giving him a verbal agreement that they'll sign him later. If I remember correctly, Kris Statlander had a similar agreement. WWE just never called her back, so she signed with AEW instead.

And honestly, it's only shady because WWE does the whole thing under-the-table and otherwise ignores the existence of other promotions entirely. You can definitely do something like this without being a sketchy weirdo about it in theory.

EDIT: Other people explained it better already. Just look up in the thread.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The complaints about the Bucks are just baffling. They put people over just as much as they win and they're only tag champs now because of Jeff Hardy's gently caress up

They also consistently put on incredible matches. Like I can't even recall a mediocre match they've had in the past couple years

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Mister Stink!

hello

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ThePariah posted:

I wish AEW let heels "head" offensive, like Christian making fun of Jungle Boy's dad for being dead.

What they mean is "let a heel call Nyla Rose a man" and a bunch of other toxic "real heel" poo poo

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Sting: Uncle Leo!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the self-proclaimed casual fans are always exactly the opposite. like yea i only watch wrestling sometimes but i hate The Mark Booker Tony Khan, The Balding EVP Bucks and the Wrestler-Run Creative, things someone who is not completely immersed and obsessed with online wrestling discourse definitely knows and cares about.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm the guy getting my up-to-date entertainment advice from the guy who uses a south park character from 1996 as his nom de plume

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I just spoke to my barber, who's a casual fan. He said, and I quote:

"Push Wardlow and fire the mark Tony Khan."

When I asked how he knew those names, he simply directed me to a large poster of the Young Bucks on the wall, upon which he had scrawled "THE BALDING BUCKS!"

Appeal to fans like this and AEW will easily get 80 million viewers every Wednesday, just like the Attitude Era!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
people who don't watch AEW and say no one is over sure do know a lot of AEW wrestlers

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

what does this person think heat means

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

flatluigi posted:

they think every match has to have a story where one wrestler really hates the other wrestler for stupid reasons

they have no concept of "this match owns because the wrestlers are really good at wrestling and tell a good story in the ring"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

A storyline, i suspect

I would love it if more of the excursion japanese talent would be actually added to storylines and made to have feuds, them getting to show up like three or four times and lose has not wowed me

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

everything has to be a grudge match, whether the grudge be shooting someone with a fireball or spilling their coffee- there MUST be a grudge or else why would they have a match, because of rankings? Psh

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I thought only one of the bucks was balding

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

bartok posted:

He looks like a Titan from Attack on Titan.

The Fareed Zakaria having too many teeth for your own face so you go straight into the uncanny valley thing.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

The complaints about the Bucks are just baffling. They put people over just as much as they win and they're only tag champs now because of Jeff Hardy's gently caress up

They also consistently put on incredible matches. Like I can't even recall a mediocre match they've had in the past couple years

That's not the only reason they're tag champs. They're also tag champs because they're the best choice to lose the belts to FTR

"Casuals hate the Young Bucks" has been among the weirdest shibboleths I've seen the fedbrained guys repeat though because legit every person I've gotten to watch AEW even for one show had immediately taken to them without needing any additional context

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

LionYeti posted:

The Fareed Zakaria having too many teeth for your own face so you go straight into the uncanny valley thing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

edogawa rando posted:

If you're including Roman Reigns profile pic, you'll need "@namebunchofnumbers"

https://twitter.com/5igma4488/status/1545053945814429701?t=YjPtZrgGf-qqePZ0aZAnFg&s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Metal Gear Solid 2 was right - just nothing but junk data without any substance all the way down.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Wow. That looks disturbing like Theory.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

This person saw the facial hair and made their opinion from there.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

Metal Gear Solid 2 was right - just nothing but junk data without any substance all the way down.

They were also right that I need Scissors, 61!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Austin Theory is clearly a psyop. All the worst people on the Internet are now suddenly say he’s amazing when he’s never been better than “acceptable.”

A four pushed like a nine.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

49 dude e: nvm

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 8, 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TheeLigma1488

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Don't know what's worse: the e-drone troll account or Jim Cornette.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

This person saw the facial hair and made their opinion from there.

It is very upsetting facial hair though

It’s not a good look on anybody who isn’t Lemmy or an olde timey US Civil War General

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

History Comes Inside! posted:

It is very upsetting facial hair though

It’s not a good look on anybody who isn’t Lemmy or an olde timey US Civil War General

It's shaped like an Omega symbol.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This is the third account I've seen on this chud in a few short weeks. At this point he'll run out of combinations and have to say the quiet part out loud

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Measurehead of the Table.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"If people didn't watch TNA they would appreciate it a lot more"

https://twitter.com/MaskofIo99/status/1545241496625876993

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lid posted:

It's shaped like an Omega symbol.

That doesn’t make it ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Whose audience is older these days, NXT or Impact? IIRC they used to be neck and neck with the mega-olds.