Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some video games where the main protagonist is purposefully ugly? I don't mean games where the art or graphics are bad or have aged poorly enough that the design is ugly and I don't mean games that try to go for the "ugly cute" aesthetic. I mean games where the protagonist is just intentionally designed to be ugly. I will not accept examples that are from character creation games because those don't count.

Disco Elysium is what comes to mind for me.
harvester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arrrthritis posted:

Planescape: Torment

I feel like that shouldn't count because for how ugly The Nameless One is you still end up with multiple women fawning over how attractive he is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Redo Soul Reaver so I can actually play them without the games crashing, I'm begging you Crystal Dynamics :negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

Yo, LetMeSoloHer got a real sword

Holy poo poo, that is so cool.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Imagine being so good at a videogame that you are gifted a sword

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!
i did it, I (mostly) fixed World of Horror's save/load code.

Please test if you have the game, my brain is already numb from staring at it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

hatty posted:

I think I’m finally gonna play Snatcher, the Saturn version is the best way to play right?

Was the Saturn version translated? I wasn't able to find any patches when I looked last year. Or are you playing in Japanese?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Goddamn Sekiro is good. I’m kinda bummed that it’s (seemingly) so short (just reached Real Corrupted Monk) but I really wanna do a NG+ run which is weird because the game is just Weeb Punch-Out compared to Soulsborne games where you have all these different build options. But with the prosthetic upgrades being so janky and having to hardcore grind to get all the skills on a first play through I guess things’ll be a little different anyway!

Glad I dumped all my money into spirit charms early though, because yikes at that inflation.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Had a dream that SEGA was releasing a Nier Automata Dancing game a la those Persona spin offs. The music and costumes were pretty great.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

hatty posted:

I think I’m finally gonna play Snatcher, the Saturn version is the best way to play right?

I could sworn I saw something about the Saturn getting a recent translation. Best I could find was a patch from 2016 http://policenauts.net/english/patches.html.

The only other options for english are SegaCD and the MSX, so I'm guessing patched Saturn is the way to go.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1544734815047614467?t=a9VHhcPvMW5EaWX27AMcSg&s=19

Ah, it's been about three months since the Switch Pro was totally coming, time to do this nonsense again.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I am confident setting up a 20th Century Food Court is not as complicated as the Hit Video Game 20th Century Food Court makes it out to be.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm good at Picross I shouldn't suck this bad at Dungeons and Diagrams

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I think I would buy a Switch Pro if it were to exist.

But only if my existing Joy-cons were compatible.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm good at Picross I shouldn't suck this bad at Dungeons and Diagrams

I really liked the puzzles. It's a different way of doing picross that's quite engaging. Didn't really care for the rest of it though

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some video games where the main protagonist is purposefully ugly? I don't mean games where the art or graphics are bad or have aged poorly enough that the design is ugly and I don't mean games that try to go for the "ugly cute" aesthetic. I mean games where the protagonist is just intentionally designed to be ugly. I will not accept examples that are from character creation games because those don't count.

According to internet it is Aloy in Horizon Forbidden West.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Frank West is not an attractive man and they make a lot of fun of it. Just look at that hairline!

ilmucche posted:

I really liked the puzzles. It's a different way of doing picross that's quite engaging. Didn't really care for the rest of it though

I've mostly ignored the typical Zachtronics ones just because I don't care for them but the game of life one is neat too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Innocent Young May 2022 Help Im Alive posted:

You ever wonder what they'd need to make a lego set of to turn you in a lego goon

hm

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1545040775968440320

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not what I expected when I read adult bowser set

bideojames
Aug 29, 2004

>:3
i'm relieved they included "adult" so that i know, as a big grown-up, that it's ok for me to buy this particular lego set

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You can be so ugly in VTMBloodlines that you must take to the sewers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Where's the Adult Bowsette set?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Let me know when we get an Adult Bowsette set.

EDIT: drat IT RARITY

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rarity posted:

Where's the Adult Bowsette set?

I'm sure there's enough pieces to make something work for even the saddest pervert

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's an adult set because that way they can charge a billion dollars

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
did somebody say bowsette

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
boobsette

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Motherfucking bowsette...... simp[ly epic

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I sure am loving how in AI: Somnium they have TIMIES but won’t let you use them on the 45+ second stuff. Yep. So fun. So cool.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
*all the artists I follow on twitter are drawing a hot evil princess in all their extremely good and fun art styles all at the same time*

What a curse..... that i must suffer through......

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Timies sound like a sweet & sour candy, delicious

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Last Celebration posted:

I sure am loving how in AI: Somnium they have TIMIES but won’t let you use them on the 45+ second stuff. Yep. So fun. So cool.

I'm... pretty sure you can? In fact I'm pretty sure at least one psync has a 999 interact that actually requires it.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

did somebody say bowsette

I did not want to see this

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Last Celebration posted:

Are... are your buttons properly working? You should be able use them as long as you don't have negative TIMIEs, and if you have those, use the negative TIMIEs on an action with a short time duration.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

klonoa

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Halfway thinking I might just get a Japanese eshop card and get it that way

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s not coming out here until the 8th right?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If it's a mere remaster just emulate the ogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_c7F4PHzcc

SKULL AND BONES reveal is happening lol