Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko

Finger Prince posted:

The Man from Toronto is baaaaad. Like really really fuckin bad. But the big fight sequence at the end is pretty fuckin epic. Like it's from a completely different movie. A much better movie. Because holy poo poo my orbs... It's really fuckin bad.

Is this a film? I know a good 90's action film that was forgetten about but is still pretty good. Check out Dark Angel. A fun Dolph Lundgren action movie and Dolph is actually the good guy. It's on youtube.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i'm lurking!!! i'm doing it!!!!!

Finger Prince

Valko posted:

Is this a film? I know a good 90's action film that was forgetten about but is still pretty good. Check out Dark Angel. A fun Dolph Lundgren action movie and Dolph is actually the good guy. It's on youtube.

Yeah it's a movie on Netflix. I've seen a lot of Dolph Lundgren movies but I don't remember that title, might have to watch that! My favourite Dolph Lundgren movie is Johnny Mnemonic.

Valko

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah it's a movie on Netflix. I've seen a lot of Dolph Lundgren movies but I don't remember that title, might have to watch that! My favourite Dolph Lundgren movie is Johnny Mnemonic.

I haven't seen Johny Mnemonic but from the clips I've seen it can't be all that bad. Snobby film critics trying to disparage a film that doesn't conform to the rules of 'feelm'? I'll definatley give it a go.

----------------

sb hermit

Valko posted:

I think the only dolph lundgren movie I ever watched was Masters of the Universe.

I got him confused with Rutger Hauer, who had a commanding performance in Blade Runner (of course) but also the bloody grindhouse film Hobo With a Shotgun.

Valko

sb hermit posted:

I think the only dolph lundgren movie I ever watched was Masters of the Universe.

I got him confused with Rutger Hauer, who had a commanding performance in Blade Runner (of course) but also the bloody grindhouse film Hobo With a Shotgun.

Please, please watch Dark Angel. It's amazing. It also stars Matthias Hues as the evil drug dealer alien and he makes Dolph Lundgren look small.

----------------

Finger Prince

Valko posted:

I haven't seen Johny Mnemonic but from the clips I've seen it can't be all that bad. Snobby film critics trying to disparage a film that doesn't conform to the rules of 'feelm'? I'll definatley give it a go.

You gotta watch it. It may be Keanu Reeves' best movie.

sb hermit

Valko posted:

Please, please watch Dark Angel. It's amazing. It also stars Matthias Hues as the evil drug dealer alien and he makes Dolph Lundgren look small.

I'm watching it now and it's a Christmas movie! That one character looks a bit like Bill Murray, who was in the more or less quintessential xmas movie, Scrooged, which (to my knowledge) did not feature aliens.

Valko

Finger Prince posted:

You gotta watch it. It may be Keanu Reeves' best movie.

Yep, i found it on prime. I'll watch it. Not right now though, I suffer from insomnia and it's 7:37am. I'll try again tomorrow.

----------------

Valko

sb hermit posted:

I'm watching it now and it's a Christmas movie! That one character looks a bit like Bill Murray, who was in the more or less quintessential xmas movie, Scrooged, which (to my knowledge) did not feature aliens.

I hope you like it. I'll be back in a few hours.

----------------

sb hermit

Valko posted:

It's on the queue but I don't have a free 90 minute block right now. I'll try to remember to chime in if I see it, though.

Ass-penny

what up Valko?

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Finger Prince posted:

The Man from Toronto is baaaaad. Like really really fuckin bad. But the big fight sequence at the end is pretty fuckin epic. Like it's from a completely different movie. A much better movie. Because holy poo poo my orbs... It's really fuckin bad.

There's plenty of movies built around this really cool idea for a single scene. The rest just never forms. Way more common with videogames. Sometimes something looks good on paper then you get half way in and know it is crap it's just not working. No more money can make changed to anything shot and more ia being shot every day. Due to how shooting happens things are out of order. Really you need to break rewrite and come back in 6 months but no one wants to pay for all that. You are making this movie.

You also sometimes get a bad movie and someone buys it but wants a hook for the trailer so they pay for a single scene or two to be added specially so they can put it in the trailer.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

sb hermit posted:

Blind Fury is his best movie. :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo

I remember one Rutger Hauer film where he swung his cock out a lot.

Manifisto

Valko posted:

AHHH!!! someone responded to me!

Umm, no. But there is a spider that crawls into my window grout that I'm trying to flick outside. He sees me everytime I open the window and just crawls back in there before I can get a piece of paper and flick him out.

He's small and agile. I'll get him out of the house someday.

hello Valko and welcome! apparently there is also a spider in your area who is trying to get a human out of their house, with little luck.

barnold posted:

while I should be furious at this blatant flaunting of our policy, for some reason I can't get too worked up about it

ty nesamdoom!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I need to go spider hunting, the one I homed near my AC isn't keeping up with this season's bugs. For some reason there's a bunch of massive flies like I've never seen flies this big, size of a bee big. They seem to be dying out but not sure where they came from I don't remember letting anything rot inside or around the outside of the house. There's a swamp nearby but that usually just leads to the mosquitos which is why I usually home a spider or two for the summer.

"here you go spidy, all the bugs try to cool off here come have an easy life hang out get fat. Just don't release a billion baby spiders I'm going to smash a swarm sorry can't deal with that many running around, stay in your safe web.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 7, 2022

sig by owlhawk911

biosterous

barnold posted:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

my fav story about dolph lundgren is that one time robbers broke into his house, then saw all his pics on the wall and realized it was dolph lundgren's house, and then they left and apology note and left without stealing anything

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I watched Dark Angel this morning as recommended. Pretty good, but as movies on youtube that probably shouldn't be go, it's no Virtual Nightmare.

sb hermit

Valko posted:

Dark Angel is as you said. It's a very good christmas movie for adults since it's just endless senseless violence and explosions. Very fun!

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Finger Prince posted:

im loling so hard that a movie with that name turned out to not be good

i forget who dl was in that was he the dolphin???

Prof. Crocodile

baka fwocka fwame posted:

close. he played the role of ice-t

Prof. Crocodile

actually there are some really ingesting people in Johnny mnemonic. shame about the screenplay.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

close. he played the role of ice-t

ah yes

CHURCH

xcheopis

Prof. Crocodile posted:

actually there are some really ingesting people in Johnny mnemonic. shame about the screenplay.

Yeah, the story is pretty good.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

not heavily related but theres a recording of gib reading neuromancer and sometimes authors do beautiful things enunciating their own dialog. molly just has the most nasal voice ever apparently

i feel like they shouldve saved jm till now and then u could just throw a marvel budget and not make whatever theyre doing next. but u need dc to actually make a movie about 20,000 batmen from other dimensions and some are redundant so they need to work as alfred in dimensions where alfred has ceased existing, or they could work for less pay possibly, and who knows batmans needs better than batman, or alfred could retire

Finger Prince

He was the cybernetic priest hit-man.

There's this scene where ice t (Spider) introduces Jones (the dolphin) and explains technorifically how the whole hacking your own brain thing is going to work. And Johnny is not having it. Then Ice T hits him with the 'hey man, at least you got a choice' speech, and Keanu turns and walks away, and the look on his face is just pure "this is where my career has led me. Ice loving T from Public loving Enemy just delivered that speech..." and he looks at this ridiculous animatronic dolphin that must have cost a mint to build just for this scene, and he turns back and opens his arms and is just like Well gently caress It. In for a penny, in for a pound. Let's do this. And it's this moment of utter ridiculousness where both Keanu the actor and Johnny the character have this moment of 'this whole business is insane', but their professionalism takes over and they're like, gently caress it, this is what I get paid to do.
It's magical.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
id rather have ice t deliver me a speech like that than eminem in glasses tho

i forget which movie had eminem in glasses tho

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
also is ice t from pub e i know hes from Body Count

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
oh looks like they were generally in the same association of dudes

Finger Prince

also is ice t from pub e i know hes from Body Count

Sorry you're right, I guess they were so contemporary to eachother that I put him in the wrong thing in my mind.

Finger Prince

Still though, it's Ice T, in 1994-1995.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Finger Prince posted:

Sorry you're right, I guess they were so contemporary to eachother that I put him in the wrong thing in my mind.

they are also both names about being a menace to society or other people tbf

ice t is funny just cuz i imagine other rappers named sohda pop or koke-kola

e: gun-ger ale

Ass-penny

thank you for correcting yourself, I had a really irrational flash of rage when you said Ice T was part of Public Enemy.

I take PE very seriously because they are the best

Prof. Crocodile

when I was younger many celebrities, including ice-t, had 1-900 numbers that you could call to hear them recite pre-recorded messages in exchange for money.

when you called ice-t’s number he greeted you by saying “hey muthafuckas this is ice-t.”

to young boys this was the coolest thing imaginable.

Ass-penny

just wanted to share this random waffle with byob

Seth Pecksniff

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Aw that's such a good and cute waffle

I would want to put them on a Love Island and give them all the love they could want, on Love Island :3:

:siren:
click here for the greatest promo in SAW history
:siren:

Find out why everyone on SAW loves Seth!

Chicken Thumbs

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
I've never listened to ASMR before and a friend of mine who's really into it convinced me to give it a shot. She was right about the whole "it gives you a tingly feeling" but for me it was like in a bad way, it made me feel like there was something moving under my skin and also like I was about to be murdered. I didn't expect a lady whispering about meditation to put the fear of death in me, but life is full of surprises like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

when I was younger many celebrities, including ice-t, had 1-900 numbers that you could call to hear them recite pre-recorded messages in exchange for money.

when you called ice-t’s number he greeted you by saying “hey muthafuckas this is ice-t.”

to young boys this was the coolest thing imaginable.

ice t is honestly great and i wasnt expecting to talk about him today