Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Butcher posted:

Yeah I got a sentence into that and thought like "the is just going make me dumber or drive me to madness."

20 years ago my middle school friend who was super into The Celestine Prophecy tried telling me about Adams books way back in the day and I was like nahhhhh sounds like a loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This is my personal favourite of the "we'll see who cancels who" clips

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/1544847905357500416?s=20&t=nFsdxomk3nhXUhk8t22OFg

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

:boom:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/GBBranstetter/status/1544821564696313856
gonna say it, jorp and these other weirdos are mad because they used to jerk off to nudes of page and now they are mad that he came out and transitioned because they "feel dirty" or some poo poo.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Earlier in his career pre-transition elliot looked very young, and in juno looked very under-age, which is probably why he got the part he was playing a 14 year old or whatever. This is why they're so so mad.
They saw him as a sex object that just happened to look like a child, and that was stolen from them by uh... woke libs? The trans thing is just an extra level of bullshit on top of it, but I think that's the heart of the issue for them and why they're dwelling on it.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

edit; nevermind. I can't make the joke work to my satisfaction.

Nice Tuckpointing! fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 7, 2022

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Remember when David Cage hid an unauthorized nude render of pre-transition Elliot in one of his lovely games?

On the one hand I feel bad for all the bullshit Elliot's had to deal with, on the other hand he owned all those freaks pretty hard by coming out.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The Fattest PI posted:

Earlier in his career pre-transition elliot looked very young, and in juno looked very under-age, which is probably why he got the part he was playing a 14 year old or whatever. This is why they're so so mad.
They saw him as a sex object that just happened to look like a child, and that was stolen from them by uh... woke libs? The trans thing is just an extra level of bullshit on top of it, but I think that's the heart of the issue for them and why they're dwelling on it.

Ugh this reminds me of the website that had the countdown to when what's her name from Harry Potter would be of legal age.

Gross gross gross

Like, with her and women like Natalie Portman, I just can't see them in that way even when they get older- because I first saw them when they were just kids.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Being really weird about Elliot Page and Natalie Portman is an evergreen thing with certain varieties of fascists.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Doctor Butts posted:

Ugh this reminds me of the website that had the countdown to when what's her name from Harry Potter would be of legal age.

Gross gross gross

Like, with her and women like Natalie Portman, I just can't see them in that way even when they get older- because I first saw them when they were just kids.
Same with the Olsen twins. They were literally babies at the start of Full House but when they were teenagers there was a countdown for them turning 18 too. 🤮

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Groovelord Neato posted:

Scott Adams has been a mentally unwell guy for as long as I've seen him on twitter. He said he voted for Hillary because Trump voters would be hunted in the streets, became obsessed with "debunking" the "Charlottesville hoax" (claiming Trump didn't say the "very fine people" quote about Nazis and even got into it with a nobody like me about it), and got super into election conspiracy bullshit regarding the last presidential election. The only thing he's had his head on straight about was vaccines and his audience was not fond of that one.
I used to be a big fan of Dilbert back in middle school and early high school (mid-to-late 90's). Obviously, I had never worked in a cubicle, and I didn't quite know what an engineer was, but I liked the comics and I liked what I understood from this pseudo-non-fiction books (The Dilbert Principle and The Dilbert Future). I kept up with Adams and Dilbert until the early 2000s, and I didn't come back to any of his work until I (ILLEGALLY) downloaded an epub of his biographical How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big. From what I remember:

Adams, along with other C-listers like Wil Wheaton, was one of the first mildly famous persons to go strong on blogging. He blogged daily, then multiple times per day, and then put more focus on blogging his thoughts than cartooning. His books I listed above were based on or copy/pasted out of his blog posts. He had thousands of daily readers who visited his blog to read what the funny office man had to say. This was paired with being paid tons of money to do lectures based on his Dilbert Principle (or something, I don't even know what he had to say because he readily admits he only worked in a office for a couple years before getting burned out), Adams realized that his thoughts were worth money, and the more thoughts he had, the more money he could make.

I remember how proud he was to constantly bring up "I'm a scrawny ugly nerd, but my girlfriend is a smoking hot model and I get to bang hot chicks all the time!!!" He was obviously stuck in that in that teenage "jocks versus nerds" mindset with his self-esteem, but loved the idea that he could say almost whatever he wanted in his blog and lectures and he'd get paid. This lead to him becoming more of a goblin over time once he started getting into weird internet political movements that gave him confidence to say crazy poo poo. He was definitely one of the first non-shut-ins to get into the Red Pill PUA thing and broadcast it in his blog posts and Twitter, and, like many people, his brain completely broke once Trump started campaigning. I am pretty sure at one point his publisher actually had some say in how much his topics could skew into weirdo land, but that obviously ended a long time ago.

Basically, he was given a large platform to say whatever he wanted and get paid to do so, and it all went to his head and made him insane and start using it as an outlet for all the mental issues he should have been letting out in a closed-door therapy session. He truly believes his words have tremendous social value since he has been doing verbal and written diarrhea out to an audience for nearly three decades. The fact that he actually does have tens of thousands of people that agree with him means he is emboldened to go whatever direction is best for his wallet and fan base. Like many before him, there's a lot of money in rightwing outrage, and he has really tapped into that market.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I take it back, this is better. :allears:

https://twitter.com/shinimomi/status/1545101037358370816?t=-Z2WgSC3s5TqY8F7IyNpBg&s=19

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
https://twitter.com/holl_horse/status/1545046267645947908

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i think what gets me about the line and the other (sons of bitchs) is how loving furious he is. he is legit mad he jerked off to page and now that she transionted he can't do it any more because he indirectly accepts pages gender.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
https://twitter.com/sparkie237/status/1545116243753050115?t=YW_Rm5yz2ZtLFKDvXvrYnQ&s=19

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
"we'll see who cancels who" is especially pathetic & funny because he's still banned and noone gives a poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
omg those edits are wonderful.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Jorp reminds me of furious Arthur The Aardvark's clenched fist meme but personified.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gonna say it, jorp and these other weirdos are mad because they used to jerk off to nudes of page and now they are mad that he came out and transitioned because they "feel dirty" or some poo poo.

Probably this, because Posobiec, Jorp, et al. are simpletons at their core and are sexualizing Elliot's transition because their lizard brains just can't process it from any other angle. But I also kind of want to say it's:

"They" = The woke mob boogeyman/LGBTQ super villain agenda with their brainwashing superpowers they use to convert people for reasons
"Us" = The rightful, patriarchal owners of women

And then of course they have to use the word "took" because Elliot (when he was still "Ellen") was just an inhuman sexual object with no inner world or persona and somehow none of this was his own decision making.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
lmao

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

I found my favorite
https://twitter.com/holl_horse/status/1545046267645947908?t=XkgHC_yGc-3QqM0Uqg0hEg&s=19

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Is that his only suit? He even looks like a moron.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bury me with my daughter.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
In the 90's he would have gotten his own sitcom

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Maybe he thinks he's a mobster. With his nice suits and all.

That's a big strong man job.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
can't get enough of these jorp edits. lol what did he think was going to happen? your suit and scowl cannot protect you from being put into video game memes Jorp, you dumb gently caress.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
He should seek a therapist

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

old beast lunatic posted:

can't get enough of these jorp edits. lol what did he think was going to happen? your suit and scowl cannot protect you from being put into video game memes Jorp, you dumb gently caress.

His audience loves it. I've seen a bunch of them on twitter go "what meltdown??" when people mock him. Saw one guy trying to defend him in the Zizek debate where he objectively made an rear end of himself.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’m glad this segment was cut out of classic 90s FMV game Ripper.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/WhimsicalVR/status/1545075413277450242?t=8sISqg70-7maoTq8wPl0ZA&s=19

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://twitter.com/simpsoncrapmeme/status/1545111656904245248

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

The Alchemist posted:

yeah but therapists tell him he shows symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia and who knows what else, instead of telling him that he is right and the world is wrong, what good are they?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Alchemist posted:

But Doctor.....

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I bet they also still find him attractive and it's loving with their minds. Page has delicate facial features that are attractive on men and women, and his face hasn't changed, plus he still has a slight frame

Also Elliot Page is very good-looking, and it probably makes them so angry that a ton of women think he's hot. I mean, I'm a straight cis woman and I would absolutely go on a date with him, should I be so lucky. I would choose Page over Jorp and his kind any day, based purely on appearance. Plus Page is a cool and interesting person, no one has a bad thing to say about him, and he doesn't sound like Kermit the Frog

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Yeah definitely seems like the straight pedo part of their brains and the closeted gay part of their brains have teamed up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I haven't been following Page at all but I just did a quick google search and the dude got some ripped abs. I also don't know anything about trans surgery but they did a pretty good job with his chest. (I don't know if mentioning that is offensive or not, :ohdear:)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Me and Jordan... best friends forever...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013