Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I bet you would say that about hobgoblin khans as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Araby is not yet lost!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Agean90 posted:

Araby is not yet lost!

The monkey paw curls. A human kingdom is added to Araby… and it’s an expedition from Ind.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i will make a dwarf lord wearing a pirate hat, a loincloth, and nothing else, and he will lead my glorious ragtag team of exiles and gloryseekers to wealth and fame.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Pygmies will finally get their day!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

it's satire. the pygmies expose the inherent racism in every fantasy setting reliant on human-like species with essentialist traits. the big lipped sambo caricatures are important to the theme of the game and can't simply be removed without removing the heart and soul of warhammer. you fool.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There are no black people in warhammer fantasy and people want to keep araby out for some unrelated reason.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There are black sigmarines, therefore

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I remember people on a bunch of forums getting pretty mad when the newest Warhammer Fantasy RPG edition came out and the art featured both women and people of color.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Azran posted:

I remember people on a bunch of forums getting pretty mad when the newest Warhammer Fantasy RPG edition came out and the art featured both women and people of color.

There was always female knife ears and vampires but considering the human empires were modeled after 15-16th century culture it would be weird to see a woman not staying home and pumping out children. Heroes have always been unique so you can have whatever the gently caress you want as a hero and i imagine humans living in the tropics would naturally have darker skin through the generations of living there.

It's weirder to whitewash the problematic roots and paint this multicultural utopia haha thats some revisionist poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One of the tribes sigmar united was black, one was olive, one looked kinda mestizo, who cares, it's not real Europe arghy.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Arghy posted:

There was always female knife ears and vampires but considering the human empires were modeled after 15-16th century culture it would be weird to see a woman not staying home and pumping out children. Heroes have always been unique so you can have whatever the gently caress you want as a hero and i imagine humans living in the tropics would naturally have darker skin through the generations of living there.

It's weirder to whitewash the problematic roots and paint this multicultural utopia haha thats some revisionist poo poo.

lizardmen nipples

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Arghy posted:

There was always female knife ears and vampires but considering the human empires were modeled after 15-16th century culture it would be weird to see a woman not staying home and pumping out children. .

except that's wrong because women in early modern Europe had to be productive for the household the thrive to the point where craft skills are a vital part of getting married. women in urban settings could be artisans complete with memberships in craft guilds. Even after marriage assuming they gave up whatever they did before, which is a big if, they'd be heavily involved in whatever the family did to make a living whether it's making the product or selling the product. The idea that women are baby factories is much more anachronistic to the setting than the idea that women actually do things

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

kazuuk.........

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Arghy posted:

The Warhammer planet is an artificial creation made by the Old Ones, puny human logic doesn't apply to super chad magical frogs from outer space.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

honestly given that men are expected to go out and get munched on by orks/the undead/demon worshipping vikings I'd expect to see women in The Empire more active in society compared to irl on account of the whole constant endemic warfare against genocidal threats thing

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Black Dawi mod please

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
The warhammer fantasy world must have some crazy birth rates to keep up with all orc and chaos invasions

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Let me tell you about orcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AdPFbnf0II

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

It's canon.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Blood bowl is both canon and cool

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Apologies if this was already mentioned, but it was nice to see and I wanted to share this but from the Q&A

CA posted:

Oedon: Will we get to 100 LLs or 100+ LL with the future DLC packs and FLCs?

Will: Almost certainly. We're already doing some thinking about who'll be no. 100...

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The 100th LL is Ascendant Karl

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's Thanquol or Nagash, but I wish they'd troll the gently caress out of people with a Helman

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i saw they're putting lady dwarves in 40k now, maybe we can get a lady dwarf lord.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Seeing all the flashy lord campaign intros and Karl just standing there will always be funny to me.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

i saw they're putting lady dwarves in 40k now, maybe we can get a lady dwarf lord.

That is a big no no, dawi females are extremely limited and polygamous. In lore there's a few excerpts of male dwarves going berserk whenever ones in danger though i don't remember if it was warhammer lore or forgotten realms of a dwarf female putting herself in danger to motivate the rest. The priestesses of valaya are pretty strong rune magic users and like all dawi they're capable of fighting but it'd be seen as a failing on their part to put themselves in danger. I think there was a chain of slayer oaths taken because a female dawi tried to do her own version of a slayer oath but then the male dawi took slayer oaths because they saw it as a failure that she had to take the oath in the first place.

I'm pretty sure there's no rule about female dawi taking the slayer oath but it'd seriously gently caress up other dawi to see it haha.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Arghy posted:

That is a big no no, dawi females are extremely limited and polygamous. In lore there's a few excerpts of male dwarves going berserk whenever ones in danger though i don't remember if it was warhammer lore or forgotten realms of a dwarf female putting herself in danger to motivate the rest. The priestesses of valaya are pretty strong rune magic users and like all dawi they're capable of fighting but it'd be seen as a failing on their part to put themselves in danger. I think there was a chain of slayer oaths taken because a female dawi tried to do her own version of a slayer oath but then the male dawi took slayer oaths because they saw it as a failure that she had to take the oath in the first place.

I'm pretty sure there's no rule about female dawi taking the slayer oath but it'd seriously gently caress up other dawi to see it haha.

Arghy being a follower of Tzeentch all along is blindingly obvious in hindsight.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd like a pauper mode where you start as just a hero in the empire with no particular stand-out skills, but you get vastly more powerful traits for defeating legendary lord and unlock more powerful skills as you defeat more of them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I would like a Warhammer RPG that is good

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Scott Forstall posted:

Apologies if this was already mentioned, but it was nice to see and I wanted to share this but from the Q&A

IIRC given the normal release schedule, we'll hit 100 LLs in about 2-3 years.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Like a child with potential stuck with british parents it should be taken away from GW and given to central european parents to be given a chance to grow.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
We'll be at 90 after the 4 demon lord pack, right? So presumably another 4 for chorfs, plus likely another race pack at some point, that's 98 already. Add in 3-lord DLC packs and we'll probably get to 110ish in a couple years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Weren't we supposed to get LL location news today? Maybe the sleep deprivation is getting to me but I dont remember seeing anything today? Or is CA too distracted by Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson?

Agean90 posted:

except that's wrong because women in early modern Europe had to be productive for the household the thrive to the point where craft skills are a vital part of getting married. women in urban settings could be artisans complete with memberships in craft guilds. Even after marriage assuming they gave up whatever they did before, which is a big if, they'd be heavily involved in whatever the family did to make a living whether it's making the product or selling the product. The idea that women are baby factories is much more anachronistic to the setting than the idea that women actually do things
Yeah the loonies that play warhammer dont like or follow this logic, so

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Arghy posted:

Sounds like non-chaos dwarves are a bunch of fedora tipping incels

100th LL should be Kremlo leading Skeggi

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Tabletop or Video game?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Weren't we supposed to get LL location news today? Maybe the sleep deprivation is getting to me but I dont remember seeing anything today? Or is CA too distracted by Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson?

Yeah the loonies that play warhammer dont like or follow this logic, so

Today was Ogres, my lord.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

jokes posted:

Blood bowl is both canon and cool

Give the daemon prince the ability to swear his soul to Nuffle. Final parts should just make him look like John Madden.

Hmm.. wonder how hard that would be to mod in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Arghy posted:

Arghy this is one of many things in life where you don’t know what the gently caress you’re on about.

Stay at home wives are largely an invention of the Victorian era. Specifically the lower classes trying to act more like the monied classes. Women who don’t work is a luxury, which becomes a way to demonstrate affluence, which then gets post facto moralizations attached.