Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

I don't remember, who's red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

surf rock posted:

I don't remember, who's red?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Koizumi signing his pretentious wishes :lol:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
me: this is tanabata, right?
google: yes
me: yay :buddy:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

idk why I thought blue was Haruhi, whoops

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-07-07/e3-returns-as-in-person-event-in-june-2023-with-reedpop-as-producer/.187475

How much of a trainwreck will this be?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

they will announce the release dates for Hollow Knight: Silksong and the Bloodborne PC port making it the greatest E3 of all time. namaste

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well, reedpop runs emerald city comic con and that just lifted mask and vaccine requirements so. lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

symbolic posted:

they will announce the release dates for Hollow Knight: Silksong and the Bloodborne PC port making it the greatest E3 of all time. namaste

2023 shaping up to be the year of the gamer

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Endorph posted:

4chan got insanely sexist and mad about seed and it leaked over into a lot of the internet, and is still present in some ways. however its also a show with a lot of issues, separate from that.

Funny since the person you're quoting is saying SEED was sexist. So the sexists hate the sexist show for being not sexist?

Well, at least 4chan will always have their hero Slegger Law.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also 00 season 2 isn't really that bad, I'm halfway through it and while it's not as good as season 1, I'm still having a good time with it.

The last time the Gundam thread talked about 00S2 I just flat out asked "isn't the consensus that it ruined every character?" And the only response was "yes." Nobody disagreed.

I've heard "it's not so bad" but I have never, ever heard a defense of what it did to basically all the female characters just for starters. So we're already starting at the idea it hosed over a substantial mount of the cast and ruined beloved characters like Graham. So I'm not seeing how it's in any way good.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

*cases skyrocket, panelists out sick by the dozens*

In Ditzy Doo Voice: I just don't know what went wrong.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That's more effort than they do nowadays where they just slap an english translation somewhere on the screen.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zetsubou-san posted:

me: this is tanabata, right?
google: yes
me: yay :buddy:

It's also my birthday :toot:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NikkolasKing posted:

Well, at least 4chan will always have their hero Slegger Law.

Shameful. There is only one true hero of the one year war and his name is Bright "I dunno, try slapping him" Noa.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Julias posted:

hbd jules

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Julias posted:

:toot:おめでとう:toot:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

:cheerdoge:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Aside from Gundam, what other actually great mecha anime are worth watching? Votoms is the only other classic one I know about.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

pentyne posted:

Aside from Gundam, what other actually great mecha anime are worth watching? Votoms is the only other classic one I know about.

Voltes V is really good.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

pentyne posted:

Gaogaigar, king gainer, xabungle, vifam, tenga toppa Gurren lagann.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

pentyne posted:

Is Zoids mecha? If so, that is good. Look up Chaotic Century/Guardian Force ((CC is like Season 1, GF is Season 2) and New Century Zero.

CC/GF is more of an "epic" story about fighting an evil empire and a dinosaur robot that is gonna end the world. NCZ is a big tournament show that is a lot more lighthearted an episodic.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Cross ange but only if you're a pervert

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i watched rascal dreams of bunny girl or w.e. (look both the English and Japanese names are too loving long, it's like 18 characters), and I hard passed on this one for a long time because it looked like serious fluffdaddy bait but it was actually pretty good. the voice acting is nice because there's little to no of the anime voice thing going on. annoyingly rare to see in Japanese dubs and especially rare for a show like this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

00's final boss's first appearance in his final boss machine is doing the guncannon crouch over a rock after shooting his cannons because he's in the ultimate guncannon so 00 season 2 whips rear end, no notes

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

That's more effort than they do nowadays where they just slap an english translation somewhere on the screen.

Well, nothing's really changed with the process, it's just that fansubs are dead

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

pentyne posted:

Dai-Guard but only the first half because I haven’t finished it yet

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Polsy posted:

Well, nothing's really changed with the process, it's just that fansubs are dead

lol

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Classics of funimation, bringing us such lines as "I have a ponytail moe"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Larry Parrish posted:

and I hard passed on this one for a long time because it looked like serious fluffdaddy bait

lmao

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Ignis posted:

YGO mangaka Kazuki Takahashi passed away yesterday, according to NHK
https://twitter.com/troubledmn/status/1545090600286003200

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

pentyne posted:

Evangelion, Macross Plus, Giant Robo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Mazinger's pretty baller. There's a lot of them, though.

Definitely try Gunbuster/Diebuster. Very 80s Hot Blooded Passion for the former, 00s deconstruction for the latter.

Larry Parrish posted:

i watched rascal dreams of bunny girl ...
Watch the movie. Some serious stuff going on there and it completely owns. Fits entirely with the series, too, so you don't have to worry about it being a side story/au/whatever.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

pentyne posted:

Escaflowne

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Catching up on the last 7 pages and i wish there were a way to turn off the forum mods

marumaru
May 20, 2013

be thankful for mods they shake things up
imagine posting itt without the adrenaline the fear of a 3day lurking

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

pentyne posted:

Mazinger SKL, Giant Robo, Majestic Prince, SDF Macross, Giant Gorg, Star Driver, Gunbuster and Diebuster, Simoun, RahXephon and I'd say Code Geass: Akito the Exiled is notworthy if only cuz those 3d spidermech scenes are so crazy + plus giving Ichiko Hashimoto more work.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
If you want cool spidermechs just watch 86.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
speaking of old people who keep buying robotech merchandise for inexplicable reasons, i’ll be bro tanking this and immediately putting a big black X over the robotech logo on the back

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Patlabor is also good and fun. You could check out the Mecha thread for more recs as well as charting Chiassaur's death March through the doldrums of Kyoukai Senki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

NikkolasKing posted:

Is Zoids mecha? If so, that is good. Look up Chaotic Century/Guardian Force ((CC is like Season 1, GF is Season 2) and New Century Zero.

CC/GF is more of an "epic" story about fighting an evil empire and a dinosaur robot that is gonna end the world. NCZ is a big tournament show that is a lot more lighthearted an episodic.

I feel Zoids is definitely mecha. And your recommendations are good. Don't continue after NCZ. There are series after but they SUCK. Like Fuzors is the worst.