Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Klungar posted:

Herbs, not Ferns.

You're right, I was tired last night :)

And thanks Kaboobi, that makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

obi_ant posted:

Donating helps give you stam?

Just having fun with today's community center:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Oh god. I finally unlocked Pirate’s Cove. What a glorious day.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

obi_ant posted:

Oh god. I finally unlocked Pirate’s Cove. What a glorious day.

Hope you’ve been saving those large nets :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Hello farm nerds my IGN is Duckbar I'm going to start wasting resources wildly in anticipation of your fabulous gifts.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

H110Hawk posted:

Hello farm nerds my IGN is Duckbar I'm going to start wasting resources wildly in anticipation of your fabulous gifts.

I will happily assist if you’ll clear your mailbox :)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Referee posted:

I will happily assist if you’ll clear your mailbox :)

:v: Turns out there was a bunch of stuff in there! Thanks.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
So now I have a bunch of stuff, thanks, what are the pro upgrades to spend the like 50 gold I've earned so far on? Or should I save for more expensive stuff?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

H110Hawk posted:

So now I have a bunch of stuff, thanks, what are the pro upgrades to spend the like 50 gold I've earned so far on? Or should I save for more expensive stuff?

It’s not a bad idea to spend a little bit of gold to upgrade mailbox to 10 or 15 capacity so we can stuff it with more stuff :) But I recall sitting on a decent chunk of my gold for a while.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

So I upgraded snake to level 6 a week ago and I’m drowning in wine. I can’t possibly store all of this in the winery even with upgrading to 250 storage. What am I supposed to do with all this wine?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
At some point in the future you will need a lot of wine for quests so as long as you aren’t voiding it just hang on

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Also eventually you’ll pick up the “3% chance for wine to start at 20 days” so you can deal with excess by selling off all your zeros and dumping wine in to fish for hits.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

HelloNewman posted:

So I upgraded snake to level 6 a week ago and I’m drowning in wine. I can’t possibly store all of this in the winery even with upgrading to 250 storage. What am I supposed to do with all this wine?

I’m at all 99s and just had to finish a bunch of quests for a drink that involved waiting multiple days for wine to accumulate so hold onto that stuff.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Yeah I'm learning that for most items you're not actively making and selling for cash it's much better to just lock them down and void any excess so that you have it ready for a quest if it arises.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No real way to speed up the salt grind, is there? Crafting it is roughhhhhh

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

No real way to speed up the salt grind, is there? Crafting it is roughhhhhh

Exchange center has 250 snails for 15 salt right now and also fairly frequently. The rates on salt rocks are much worse in BRC than WC, even before you factor in some of the stamina refund from WC.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Where do I get an anglerfish? It's item info doesn't list a finishing location.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

They're exclusively dropped by the Level 6 Macaw pet.

Also, for you and any new players, https://buddy.farm/ is the go-to site for any questions like this. It's a super useful resource.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Only source is the Macaw pet

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lone Goat posted:

Only source is the Macaw pet

Presumably L6 too huh. Ok, that's going to be a while. What is this quest line gating?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Aerox posted:

They're exclusively dropped by the Level 6 Macaw pet.

Also, for you and any new players, https://buddy.farm/ is the go-to site for any questions like this. It's a super useful resource.

Thanks for the link. I'm guessing this is pirate's cove...

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Presumably L6 too huh. Ok, that's going to be a while. What is this quest line gating?

The quest line is for access to Pirate's Cove, which is currently the last fishing spot available. It's very endgame, so if getting a pet to level 6 is intimidating, you don't have to worry about getting to it right now. You'll get access to Large Island first, which gives you tons of cash by (large) net fishing.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I found a frog. :3:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Personal Requests are out of Beta – if you have Farming 60+ you will find them with your other quests

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Finally got green dragon to six! This sphere factory is excellent.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

52% through corn jail!!!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Some dude in global was legit upset they were going to lose 10 minutes of hay production during backups

Firestream is a braver man than I to venture into chat as often as they do.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Peach drink skips the quest, not completes it right?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

obi_ant posted:

Peach drink skips the quest, not completes it right?

Correct.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Is there any way to get peaches other than PR rewards?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

52% through corn jail!!!

High five, friend. I'm working on the 60% quest myself.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Arcturas posted:

Is there any way to get peaches other than PR rewards?

High five, friend. I'm working on the 60% quest myself.

Looks like they're mailable, but other than 1 per PR the only other option looks like seasonal quests. 10 peaches for one juice makes the PR reward seem useless.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Should I get pigs and feed up and running or focus on unlocking and leveling pets. I got all my auto-resource buildings making enough stuff that I am craft-locked on things like glass and am ready to branch out.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Pigs are handy and relatively cheap; 100m or so? Pig pen, feed mill, hedgehog to 4 or so for free broccoli. Bacon is nice for throwing in the well if you don't have a level 6 frog, and there are a few requests and/or exchange center trades that need bacon, so having some on hand is nice. That said, pigs really don't make all that much money - at best they're 3m silver/day at a like 75-100m startup cost, so you have better things to worry about.

At the same time, if the 100m to get pigs up and running is an impediment then pets really don't matter all that much to you. Pets really start mattering once you can get them to level 6 which will cost a minimum of 1.1b per pet.

e: I guess my advice is to focus on all the other stuff at the 100m level first - storehouse, farm row, getting orchard to max inventory/day, getting wood/boards to 200+, getting plenty of hay and stone production, etc. Once that's done and you can regularly get to 100m silver, pigs are probably a good bet before you target the 1b upgrades of storehouse, frog, farm row, macaw, etc. But pigs are mostly useful for having bacon on hand, not as much for silver production.

e2: Owl to 5 should be mentioned and is definitely more important than bacon imo.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 8, 2022

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Yeah it seems like it would be super easy to get locked into having three quests that are a net loss and no way to get more peaches/juice. I had to juice away two of mine today which asked for 250 salt and 80 herbs for nothing useful in return. 250 salt isn't worth 90m and some horseshoes.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I’ve gotten quite a few peaches and peach juice from the wheel. I think I have 10 or so extra at this point. I also only skip requests if they are way to expensive to gently caress with. Oh, you want 250 old boots? Definitely don’t have that.

I probably only finish my requests every 3-4 days. Slower if they don’t have anything good. But they can drop 15+ geckos or 30 gold fish so they are worth slowly chipping away at.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I do not like seaweed. :argh:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I would kill for a scrollbar in the inventory/farmer's market lists.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
The scrollbar is hidden behind the search bar, if memory serves. Scroll down a bit and you should see it

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Oh man, I need 100 of three different gold fish now. Why god, why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

FreshFeesh posted:

The scrollbar is hidden behind the search bar, if memory serves. Scroll down a bit and you should see it

oh my god why is it so small and hidden!