Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
If a printer needs to be fixed, then it requires that in order for it to be functional. Who would say "printer needs functional?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
Oe, "this burger needs eaten."

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Imagine doing dirty talk with that pattern. "Oh yeah baby, my clit needs rubbed. My rear end begs ate."

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

Imagine doing dirty talk with that pattern. "Oh yeah baby, my clit needs rubbed. My rear end begs ate."

Passive tense in the bedroom hell yeah

"Do you want to get hosed by me?"
"Is my ability to your liking?"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Sheen Sheen posted:

Being super into “Norse” culture

Now, I’m not saying that you are 100% a Nazi if you’re super into that sort of stuff, but I’ve come across enough people who were really into Norse culture and were pretty explicitly Nazis that it immediately makes you suspect in my eyes

I love folk metal -- certainly not exclusive to northern Europe, but (I think) popularized by the region -- and unfortunately there are a lot of white supremacist weirdos who like folk metal too. Tons of fun encountering these people as a Black woman, I must say.

Mister Speaker posted:

It's probably a different story if you lived in a Scandinavian country or something. But yeah I agree, I'm also going to be suspect of a guy with a Thor's hammer pendant.

Definitely same.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

People who pull out a cigarette, a lighter, tamp the cigarette, an THEN say, "Mind if I smoke?"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Watching anime

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
drinking beer from a can.
i will absolutely judge you for that regardless of anything else.

bonus minus points if youre a woman.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

gently caress you if you drink government water.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

You really seem to hate the poo poo out of women

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Caesar Saladin posted:

americans who try to use british or australian swang like wanker

whilst

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Devils Affricate posted:

You really seem to hate the poo poo out of women

just when they drink beer from cans.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Wearing pajamas in public

Wearing athletic shorts when it's below freezing

Cyclists who don't wear helmets

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Honestly, brave of u to admit

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

I love folk metal -- certainly not exclusive to northern Europe, but (I think) popularized by the region -- and unfortunately there are a lot of white supremacist weirdos who like folk metal too. Tons of fun encountering these people as a Black woman, I must say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBg99mH8pyA

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

The real problem with folk metal is actually that it is super dorky

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Caesar Saladin posted:

The real problem with folk metal is actually that it is super dorky

tbh it does become tiring to hear people advocate for your genocide while enjoying your hobbies, frequently, and it's not an ideal feeling to be intentionally immersed in it as a function of your enjoyment time

it's easier to forgive the dorkiness of a lot of things compared to the various forms of exclusion and hatred, for me at any rate

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I’m a woman and I was taking a swig of beer from the can right as I read that post

It’s ok tho, I’ve had lots of men judge me in lots of ways in the beer industry and I don’t give a single gently caress

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
When you see a family out eating and all 3-5 of them are staring at their phones without speaking except to turn a phone around at someone for a quick chuckle

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I’m just gonna come out and say it—I prefer drinking beer from a can :colbert:

YeahTubaMike posted:

It really sucks to have your hobby co-opted by shitheads. I remember this very subject came up a while back on the forums, and some guy talked about how he loved doing this kind of Viking cosplay where people go out into the woods, use tools from the era and wear period-appropriate clothing, and build cabins and stuff like that. It sounded kinda like Scandinavian renfair stuff—it was an admittedly kinda dorky but completely harmless hobby, but in recent years the subculture had become absolutely lousy with the kind of white supremacists we’re talking about, and it got to the point where Nazis were the main thing associated with it.

I’m not an expert on ancient Scandinavian culture, but my understanding is that the type of Viking culture these Nazi assholes are obsessed with largely didn’t exist and was mostly created by actual Nazis during the 30s and 40s as propaganda to glorify the master race or whatever. That’s why it’s always fun to see these Nazis squirm when actual historians lay harsh truths on them like “actually the Vikings were a bunch of fancy lads who loved perfume and were obsessed with the latest fashions from Constantinople”

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like that Brits say bollocks and think it's a great word, but since I'm American I just swap it out 1 for 1 with balls, which is even funnier

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Worf posted:

tbh it does become tiring to hear people advocate for your genocide while enjoying your hobbies, frequently, and it's not an ideal feeling to be intentionally immersed in it as a function of your enjoyment time

it's easier to forgive the dorkiness of a lot of things compared to the various forms of exclusion and hatred, for me at any rate

I’m not into folk metal as so much as black, death, and it’s inbred cousins, but a million dorks over one shithead Nazi. Thankfully it’s gotten a lot better among the kiddos, and some old grognards are slowly realizing that this genre, lifestyle, etc. will die with them if they don’t clean house.

Plus, the internet has helped in realizing that the days of the weird white boy never quite existed - metal as a whole was always far more diverse than commonly portrayed. Same with other nerdy pursuits. The purported weird white boy demographic was never accurate.

E: on topic, I super judge people who treat diversity as this new concept

teen witch fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 8, 2022

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

teen witch posted:

The purported weird white boy demographic was never accurate.

i think this changes a lot depending on how frequently you go to shows and where, as far as how that experience will tangibly unfold

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I fell in love with "needs washed" in lieu of "to be" after going to school in central PA and never looked back once. Try it

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

scott zoloft posted:

I fell in love with "needs washed" in lieu of "to be" after going to school in central PA and never looked back once. Try it

literally shaking

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Using paper plates

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i use paper but i make each one last a week, then eat the remnant of the plate on the 7th day on top of the oncoming plate

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Worf posted:

i use paper but i make each one last a week, then eat the remnant of the plate on the 7th day on top of the oncoming plate

Economical, and healthy (on account of the natural penicillin that grows on the plate after a week)

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Shithouse Dave posted:

I worked with a guy that would say “use” as “nuse” all the time. “Can you nuse the ice bath to cool this thing please?”
Probably wasn’t his fault, but it was one of many many minor irritating things about working with him. He also made loud smacky eating noises and constantly left cupboard doors open.

Yeah, being big hearted we can forgive the speech impediment, but otherwise, gently caress that guy. I'm annoyed just reading about him.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Devils Affricate posted:

There's only certain verbs you can do it with, "needs", "wants", etc. I don't have a full list or know what the criteria is, but "this burger needs eaten" and "my clit needs rubbed" both sound completely fine and normal to me while "my rear end begs ate" does not. "My rear end needs ate" works, though.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Now I’m curious

Someone in this thread who isn’t me please say “my rear end needs ate” to your partner next time you’re having sex and report back with said partner’s response

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ate, my rear end be must mmmmhrm

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

Now I’m curious

Someone in this thread who isn’t me please say “my rear end needs ate” to your partner next time you’re having sex and report back with said partner’s response

Just tried it. Should have been more specific. Ended up with 7 more dildos in me than I bargained for.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Devils Affricate posted:

Just tried it. Should have been more specific. Ended up with 7 more dildos in me than I bargained for.

Thank you for your service :patriot:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

scott zoloft posted:

Central PA? Isn’t that ‘needs wershed with werter’?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
adults who use the word "yummy"

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Not putting the little divider between mine and their groceries when in line at the store. It's right there! Then I have to do the imposing-feeling lean over the whole belt to grab it from in front of them and use it properly.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
People who loving stab and hack at the middle of a tub of margarine until they go directly to the bottom of it without using any of the stuff on the side instead of smoothly scraping across the top like you're supposed to.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Chief McHeath posted:

People who loving stab and hack at the middle of a tub of margarine until they go directly to the bottom of it without using any of the stuff on the side instead of smoothly scraping across the top like you're supposed to.

Is this a thing that happens? What sort of animal would do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Is this a thing that happens? What sort of animal would do this?

I know, margarine? Oh Christ that’s horrific.