Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Make it like what some PLR servers do in overtime and have both carts just creep forward constantly, with touching the cart making it speed up but no way to stop it or have it go backwards. Then have it be first to 5 caps or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Honestly though I feel like Banana Bay is just the final perfect version of hightower, the way doublecross is to 2fort.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Baron von Eevl posted:

Honestly though I feel like Banana Bay is just the final perfect version of hightower, the way doublecross is to 2fort.

Doublecross is one of the best maps in the game that is hampered by the game mode it's attached to, since CTF has incredibly dumb rules in TF2 that makes it all but unplayable outside of 24/7 servers, though I'm not sure it would work in any other Mode without having to alter the map design as well besides maybe Player Destruction or maybe Robot Destruction if Valve were to ever actually do anything with that one

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Doublecross is 60% of a great 5cp map. Put the shed from Harvest in the middle of the bridge and put a point there, and then add 1 and 5 somewhere in there behind the bases, bada bing bada boom

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Doublecross is 60% of a great 5cp map. Put the shed from Harvest in the middle of the bridge and put a point there, and then add 1 and 5 somewhere in there behind the bases, bada bing bada boom

Or could just widen the middle of the bridge a bit and turn it into a KOTH map(probably also delete/wall off the Intelligence Rooms and most of the Courtyards since they wouldn't have a point now)

Also it's funny you mention turning it into a 5CP map, cause apparently it was originally going to be a 5CP map before they went with CTF, which makes sense since in many respects the map design is closer to a 5CP one than it is to the other five CTF maps in the game

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I still hate how extremely overpriced the weapon bundles are. It's practically robbery when you can get every weapon at once all for less than a dollar.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 1, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

all of TF2's monetisation is loving awful

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Both TF2 Classic and Open Fortress have made themselves available to download again, in both cases because after the initial announcements from both regarding Valve asking them to take them down and to potentially negotiate releasing both as official mods late last year, Valve then proceeded to completely ignore any attempts at contacting them from either team since then so both decided they were tired of waiting and have reopened downloads

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

https://twitter.com/LazyandPurple/status/1529897191191420928

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Holy smokes, TF2 updated more than localization files

quote:

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
  • Fixed an exploit related to clearing the in-game text chat
  • Fixed an exploit where players could use sv_cheats on secure servers
  • Fixed an exploit where players could teleport back to their own spawn by changing loadout/class while touching the other team's No Entry gate
  • Fixed an exploit with the Huntsman in which a player could change loadout to negate the speed debuff when charged
  • Fixed an exploit with the Ap-Sap where players could spam noises
  • Fixed an exploit where dispensers could heal through glass on some maps
  • Fixed an exploit where a Spy could disguise and create an invisible bullet blocking shield at their feet
  • Fixed laggy animations on Halloween bosses, skeletons, ghosts and other ghoul-like beings
  • Fixed the Spy using incorrect disguise weapons when disguising as Soldier, Pyro, Heavy or Engineer with no member of the same class on the opposing team
  • Fixed projectiles sometimes colliding with teammates too early/late
  • Fixed being able to change names during a matchmaking game
  • Fixed some HUD images being blurry when using low texture settings
  • Fixed the Spy's feigned deaths with the Dead Ringer not showing up in the matchmaking quick team status bar
  • Fixed %killername% and other placeholder names sometimes showing up on the kill cam and stats screen
  • Re-enabled ability for servers to send disconnect reasons to clients
    :ins:Added ConVar net_disconnect_reason to use the disconnect reason sent from the client
  • Removed Headgear option from the Mann Co. Catalog dropdown list
  • Updated vote system:
    :ins:Both teams can have a kick vote running at the same time
    :ins:Can have a global vote running at the same time as a kick vote
    :ins:Fixed sometimes not being able to vote on maps at the end of the round
  • Updated the El Fiestibrero to fix a problem with the model
  • Updated/Added some tournament medals
  • Updated the localization files

https://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=updates

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A good first step, but it's entirely possible this could be all they do.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

girl dick energy posted:

A good first step, but it's entirely possible this could be all they do.

“Man, TF2ers are mad at us. What should we do?”

“Roll out some of fixes mastercoms sent us back in 2018. No one will know the difference.”

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A friend was telling me that they had no bots last night but that feels way too soon to call

I don't enjoy randon crits though, so I'll prob stick to Uncletopia

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Roth posted:

A friend was telling me that they had no bots last night but that feels way too soon to call

I don't enjoy randon crits though, so I'll prob stick to Uncletopia

IIRC any major update will tank the number of bots for a bit as their software has to be updated to match the new version.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

The changes to being able to rename yourself during games as well as the ones to voting should make a decent dent in their overall effectiveness though

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Isn't this like the third time they tried to do that name fix?

Maybe it actually works this time.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Also I'm guessing the change to voting means you can't check whether the other team is actually voting to kick their bot.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Purely anecdotal, but it seems to be working so far. I'm back to getting my rear end kicked by real people.

Warpy
May 24, 2003

"KABOOOOM!"
Casual seems pretty OK again. Just the rare random groups of rage (human) cheaters roaming around.

Saw a demoknight using crit on demand while aimbotting with an axe. Nobody really understood that he was cheating even after I tried to explain it.. I don't understand why crit on demand exploit/cheat is still not patched after all these years of it being a known issue.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Lazy I guess. What are players going to do about it tank Valve's stock's and sales?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

This weekend I played for the first time in months, and hopped into casual hightower. First two rounds went great. Then 6-8 "players" joined at the exact same time, spammed chat messages about how we could not vote them out because there were so many of them, and linking a Discord channel to join so we could pay real money to get them to leave. They were all instant-headshot snipers.

Good luck Valve team working on this, you've got your work cut out for you.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
I haven't touched quickplay in months. I just play on uncletopia servers nowadays exclusively. It's nice not having to deal with bots or cheaters. I don't mind the random crits and bullet spread being turned off either.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Otacon posted:

This weekend I played for the first time in months, and hopped into casual hightower. First two rounds went great. Then 6-8 "players" joined at the exact same time, spammed chat messages about how we could not vote them out because there were so many of them, and linking a Discord channel to join so we could pay real money to get them to leave. They were all instant-headshot snipers.

Good luck Valve team working on this, you've got your work cut out for you.

Yeah they still exist but it's definitely an improvement

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does anyone have that vid of the comp game where someone says "lets loving own these turds" in in-game voice chat

in exchange i offer the classic vid (cw n-word)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH_P4YqGYzc

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Holy poo poo am i reading this right? They actually nerfed the Iron Bombers Hitbox to be the smallest like its supposed to be?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Allegedly also fixed longer ranged melee playing sounds but not connecting. Whip finally usable???

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Allegedly also fixed longer ranged melee playing sounds but not connecting. Whip finally usable???

https://twitter.com/TF2SolarLight/status/1545202163613319168?s=20&t=RQ6mSVSUODP_ok7xLrpLGA

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC9XqM96a9k

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
:aaaaa:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

quote:

Fixed lag compensation when melee-ing teammates

Whip is finally usable when not on lan.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

:psyboom:

Iron bomber fix and a DA fix. What the gently caress?

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

mat_picmip -10 is back! I still don't know why they ever limited it to -1.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Hihohe posted:

Holy poo poo am i reading this right? They actually nerfed the Iron Bombers Hitbox to be the smallest like its supposed to be?

Sicko laughing that my dedicated refusal to switch from stock finally paid off.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
For too long have I quietly seethed about the Iron Bomber’s BS…no longer.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Is the contract worker just mastercoms

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

8 Ball posted:

For too long have I quietly seethed about the Iron Bomber’s BS…no longer.

Vagabong posted:

Sicko laughing that my dedicated refusal to switch from stock finally paid off.

My brothers in non round ball shaped arms

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

cerious posted:

mat_picmip -10 is back! I still don't know why they ever limited it to -1.

Hoyl fcuk it's been years

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

StealthArcher posted:

Hoyl fcuk it's been years

12 years lol

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

this man is doing the lord's work by whipping a brass beast heavy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

this man is doing the lord's work by whipping a brass beast heavy

That's a gold tomislav sadly