Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Hell I forgot that I'd even unlocked Eureka and how to get in, I couldn't find any record of the unlock quest and I think the ferryman has an incredibly generic name with no marker.

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Managed to luck my way into a group that was leveling their buddy up to 50 and knocked the last 5 levels in Pyros in barely any time and also got enough logograms to get up to 30 unlocked. Do you also need to be caught up on the artifact weapon to buy the Elemental sets? Because… I haven’t even started on any of them, I was just laser focused on getting to Pyros ASAP.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bloody Emissary posted:

The only mount I can think of that might be OSHA-compliant is the Rolling Tankard, since you can stay fully inside it (unlike a lot of other mounts that lack safety harnesses, seatbelts, and/or railings to keep you from falling to your death).

I'm 80% sure the Rolling Tankard has a mechanism to allow the driver to drink the fuel while they're on the go

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What about the Lunar Whale, it sucks you inside and has passenger space and presumably restraints, for 8 people?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/daohiwa_/status/1545222681628495872
I hope to god the snagging + emote interaction never gets changed.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

https://twitter.com/daohiwa_/status/1545222681628495872
I hope to god the snagging + emote interaction never gets changed.

Wait what emote is that

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Xun posted:

Wait what emote is that

Snagging fishing action + Play Dead from the cash store.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

What about the Lunar Whale, it sucks you inside and has passenger space and presumably restraints, for 8 people?

Load-bearing presumption right here. I haven't played FFXV, but I'd never presume the car has seatbelts until Noctis and company are shown to be wearing them.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I don't know if I'm sad the Mikoshi doesn't have a seat for my lalafell to sit in, or if it's funny that the Namazu forgot to build one in there so I have to hold on for dear life

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dragongem posted:

I don't know if I'm sad the Mikoshi doesn't have a seat for my lalafell to sit in, or if it's funny that the Namazu forgot to build one in there so I have to hold on for dear life

It's not meant to be ridden in, it's a portable shrine. Not having a seat for a passenger is by design. What you're thinking of is a palanquin.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

W.T. Fits posted:

It's not meant to be ridden in, it's a portable shrine. Not having a seat for a passenger is by design. What you're thinking of is a palanquin.

Serves me right for not listening more to Seigetsu the Enlightened :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dragongem posted:

Serves me right for not listening more to Seigetsu the Enlightened :v:

Honestly, can't blame you for that. :v:

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Regalingualius posted:

Managed to luck my way into a group that was leveling their buddy up to 50 and knocked the last 5 levels in Pyros in barely any time and also got enough logograms to get up to 30 unlocked. Do you also need to be caught up on the artifact weapon to buy the Elemental sets? Because… I haven’t even started on any of them, I was just laser focused on getting to Pyros ASAP.

As far as I know, yes, you have to complete the relic quests in Anemos and Pagos. For Anemos hopefully you have been holding on to all the Anemos and Protean Crystals you have been getting. Pagos, unfortunately you have some grinding to do.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
To get the armor? I'm pretty sure they're separated but you will need various fragments from the zones to upgrade them.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

You have to finish a pagos weapon before you get the option to buy elemental armor in pyros, but other than that they're separate. You also need to have made the full 56 logos actions, I think, to upgrade them in hydatos? I'm not certain though.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

The armor in Anemos and Pagos is just for if you want dyable versions of AF3 gear. If you want the Elemental armor, you'll need to make 50 different logos actions (later 56) and pay some Pyros and Hydratos Crystals.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Zack Ater posted:

You have to finish a pagos weapon before you get the option to buy elemental armor in pyros, but other than that they're separate. You also need to have made the full 56 logos actions, I think, to upgrade them in hydatos? I'm not certain though.

Yeah, you have to get all the logos actions to unlock it, which I don't think they actually tell you at any point? The guy just won't sell you the upgrades if you don't have them.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I think it's told to you once but I can't remember by whom. Real easy to dismiss.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Decided my next job is red mage, it's been sitting at 55 for years. So question, appropriate time to use scatter vs verthunder 2 and veraero 2?

I see scatter has higher potency but doesn't build white and black levels for poo poo, but all three have the same cast time. So just curious of the situation of use of scatter.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

scatter has a 5s cast time

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They do not have all the same cast time. Verthunder/aero 2 are shorter and therefore you cast them then doublecast into scatter.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Decided my next job is red mage, it's been sitting at 55 for years. So question, appropriate time to use scatter vs verthunder 2 and veraero 2?

I see scatter has higher potency but doesn't build white and black levels for poo poo, but all three have the same cast time. So just curious of the situation of use of scatter.

You're reading the recast times, Verthunder/aero 2 have 2s cast times, while Scatter is 5s. So use the verspells first then Scatter. Also acceleration buffs Scatter potency.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ahhh my mistake then. Awesome, thank y'all!

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

That said, yeah, Scatter isn't amazing. The upgraded spell Impact has a much higher potency that balances out its lower mana gain better.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you will moulinet under 60/60 at least once

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Vitamean posted:

you will moulinet under 60/60 at least once each dungeon.

Just gonna add a couple words up there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Really the most respectful thing to the balance of aether would be to not use any which is why I play unenhanced-only melee-only RDM.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Also: get in the habit of learning to leave your mana gauges slightly unbalanced. This is because when you do your spenders, you want to use the finisher spell (Verholy/Verflare) of the color you have less mana in, since that guarantees that you’ll get the buff to be able to cast Verstone/Verfire.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Treasure your first time corps-a-corpsing/displacementing directly into an AOE death too. Everyone will do it at least once.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Treasure your first time corps-a-corpsing/displacementing directly into an AOE death too. Everyone will do it at least once.

Gracefully back flipping out of the boss room at the instant the door closes is the mark of an elegant newbie.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Ooops, wrong thread

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 9, 2022

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Might be better for the spoiler thread.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wrong thread

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 8, 2022

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Shogeton posted:

Huh, so having a discussion somewhere in Discord.

One then the other. When any primal dies, the aether returns to the land. (Bahamut's and Phoenix's aether restored Eorzea after the last Calamity, and summoning primals for the purpose of dispersing their aether is the entire point of Eden.) In Zodiark's case, since it was made of souls and not just free-floating aether, they start getting scrubbed in the sea after you finish Zodiark off. The first time you encounter them, it's still being summoned.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

That's a discussion that 100% should go in the spoiler thread

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It should at the very least be tagged, good lord.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Mainwaring posted:

That's a discussion that 100% should go in the spoiler thread

if you wanted me to read the spoiler thread it shouldn't have had bizarre discourse around the start of ew about whether hydaelyn is a libertarian and whether yoshida personally said that medication is ineffective against depression through meteion, or whatever the hell it was on around then

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Whoops. I though it was that thread. Deleted my reply

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Olympus posted:

if you wanted me to read the spoiler thread it shouldn't have had bizarre discourse around the start of ew about whether hydaelyn is a libertarian and whether yoshida personally said that medication is ineffective against depression through meteion, or whatever the hell it was on around then

lol glad i missed whatever that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The spoiler thread on EW release was an endlessly cycling argument about who among the major characters and the writers were right or wrong about various actions and philosophical positions. Every time someone finished the MSQ they joined in and it went back to the start.