Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Inner Light posted:

Here is video of Abe being loaded out of a medevac helicopter. I am not a medical professional, but it looks like they may be using one of the fancy machines used in ambulances for what may be CPR, you can see his chest moving up and down pretty far. (The machine is a little robot strapped over a patient on top of a gurney that does compressions.)This would suggest grave injuries and problems with his heart's pulse.

https://twitter.com/maike809588/status/1545259911344422912

Machine I am referencing: https://www.lucas-cpr.com/product_specifications/

It was stated early on he had gone into cardiac arrest.

Edit: idk if it's standard procedure there to not have the rotors already going when loading someone up for medivac as that seems like fairly significant indication of how in a hurry they might be to get him to a hospital

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Inner Light posted:

Here is video of Abe being loaded out of a medevac helicopter. I am not a medical professional, but it looks like they may be using one of the fancy machines used in ambulances for what may be CPR, you can see his chest moving up and down pretty far. (The machine is a little robot strapped over a patient on top of a gurney that does compressions.) This would suggest grave injuries and problems with his heart's pulse.

https://twitter.com/maike809588/status/1545259911344422912

Machine I am referencing: https://www.lucas-cpr.com/product_specifications/
He got a shotgun shell to his chest from behind that's usually death

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 8, 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Grouchio posted:

He got a shotgun shell to the chest that's usually death

Back. Not chest. Shooter came from behind Abe.

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1545244675849977856

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit: idk if it's standard procedure there to not have the rotors already going when loading someone up for medivac as that seems like fairly significant indication of how in a hurry they might be to get him to a hospital

Outside of the military it's standard procedure to do a "cold" load, or load and unload the patient with the rotors stopped. It's much safer that way, you don't have to worry about people walking into the rotors, or the rotor wash blowing the medical equipment around.

This does vary depending on the company and the model helicopter though.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

First shot missed, he turned, and took the second front on. This has been shown a lot on TV news here right now, and some of the videos on Twitter show that too.

Japanese TV now showing the close-ups of the dropped gun and it definitely looks homemade.

Sounds like the current PM Kishida and the LDP are preparing a statement for 2:30 pm local time, so 45 minutes from this post.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

harperdc posted:

First shot missed, he turned, and took the second front on. This has been shown a lot on TV news here right now, and some of the videos on Twitter show that too.

Japanese TV now showing the close-ups of the dropped gun and it definitely looks homemade.

Sounds like the current PM Kishida and the LDP are preparing a statement for 2:30 pm local time, so 45 minutes from this post.

ah, okay. Also we'll probably get some more details from that presser presumably.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Xelkelvos posted:

i don't know about emergency medevacs, but i do know that helicopters in general are so dangerous to approach that the wildland fire incident response pocket guide's front cover is a diagram of the "safe approach" zone of a helicopter. enough guys got taken out by rotors that they felt you should have that reminder whenever you even glance at the guide

it wouldn't surprise me if not having the rotors going is the rule in any situation

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/nick_kapur/status/1545271292211122176

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/kyodo_english/status/1545272806820413445

Confirmed. Not great! Might've been a nationalist or something then.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is two pipes taped to a plank of wood, it is homemade as gently caress

Looks like two mini-potato guns with the firing chamber on the back

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

In terms of political implications/triggering pogroms or whatever, former jieitai is probably close to the better end of the spectrum. I don’t think there was an active military conspiracy to murk Abe. Killed by a lone nut from the organization Abe staked his political career on promoting is a poetic end for the guy

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'd be surprised if nobody is blaming the burakumin

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

He's for sure dead if this is accurate

https://twitter.com/NHKWORLD_News/status/1545279192908107777?s=20&t=OOvy__sXCO9hOOYU22ObfA

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Or not???

https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1545283625356230656?s=21&t=RjUQwp6xjerpIuUFfJBm2A

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Kishida looks shook as hell.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe this is one of those things where they don’t say he’s dead until all his family members have been involved.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

He ain't pulling through this y'all

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Maybe this is one of those things where they don’t say he’s dead until all his family members have been involved.

Yeah, I get the feeling we’ll find out a real timeline to this much later. I don’t think he’s making it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
he's been super loving dead since the shooting, no way in hell he got perforated at 67 in the middle of a street and survives. he had that robot on him really early on, this is all a delay tactic until they can announce it officially

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

he's been super loving dead since the shooting, no way in hell he got perforated at 67 in the middle of a street and survives. he had that robot on him really early on, this is all a delay tactic until they can announce it officially
I'm actually rather envious of Japan's media ability to delay death announcements until things are in order (this, Miura, etc)

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
I think most countries are kind of like this? It’s really TMZ who has so many feelers everywhere that they can accurately report a famous person is dead before the hospital even knows.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

jeffreyw posted:

I think most countries are kind of like this? It’s really TMZ who has so many feelers everywhere that they can accurately report a famous person is dead before the hospital even knows.

Normally there is a thing called the Notification Period: 24 hours after the next of kin has been notified, or until they break silence.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think we are all waiting for the most important person, The American Ambassador to Japan Rahm Emmanuel, to make a statement.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

I think we are all waiting for the most important person, The American Ambassador to Japan Rahm Emmanuel, to make a statement.

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1545254328130322434

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

https://twitter.com/USAmbJapan/status/1545252313337851904

I mean, he already posted on Twitter, that counts, right?

also god dammit NHK showed whatever Trump's can't believe it's not Twitter social media company post was on the news as well.

lol

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

GoutPatrol posted:

https://twitter.com/MayorEmanuel/status/40520445639786496?s=20&t=oibjdAE2x3ENj6oaBTtl0A

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

harperdc posted:

also god dammit NHK showed whatever Trump's can't believe it's not Twitter social media company post was on the news as well.
Lol

The only thing I've read about Rahm here is that he's obsessed with the trains.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Lol

The only thing I've read about Rahm here is that he's obsessed with the trains.

So he’s one of those ill tempered train watchers?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

harperdc posted:

Yeah, I get the feeling we’ll find out a real timeline to this much later. I don’t think he’s making it.

I don't think he's making it, but I also don't think there would be any reason to delay the announcement once Kishida was in front of reporters. I think he's clinging to life, or at least was at that moment.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Mr. Fix It posted:

I don't think he's making it, but I also don't think there would be any reason to delay the announcement once Kishida was in front of reporters. I think he's clinging to life, or at least was at that moment.

Maybe, but if japan is anything like what i'm familiar with, the verbiage is a solid 10 out of 10 "he dead as hell" just before anyone's allowed to say so

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Kavros posted:

Maybe, but if japan is anything like what i'm familiar with, the verbiage is a solid 10 out of 10 "he dead as hell" just before anyone's allowed to say so

yeah, 心肺停止 is usually used like that. about a decade ago a volcano erupted and killed like 30-40 people that were climbing it. folks were described as being "in cardiac arrest" for days after because the bodies weren't anywhere a dcotor could pronounce them. Abe's in a hospital, so that's not what's going on here. His next of kin is probably just his wife, so I don't buy notification being the delay.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
i don't know if i'm really in favor of it but there's even less permissiveness towards prompt reporting of death, and possibly no equivalent to the western threshold of "injuries incompatible with life" where someone's so obviously dead that you don't need a formal declaration by a doctor anymore, like what you had in the Dreamworld ride malfunction.

korea adds another level to it where they habituated suicide erasure through the fan death myth

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Confirmed dead now.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

no more need for speculation: death confirmed
https://twitter.com/observingjapan/status/1545329352560283648?s=21&t=BV4rNBYNRSaTSY0whxHyZw

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

it was less than an hour after reports of Akie Abe, his wife, arriving at the hospital, so while i'm gonna keep thinking they were keeping him barely "alive", def were waiting for her.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

pretty sus

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Diorama posted:

pretty sus

You know, assassinations tend to be.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
I read Bloomberg mention the assassin was just that pissed off about Abe, which feels like one of those bad Japanese mistranslations to be honest.

If that's all he felt about the guy, I don't know if introducing the possibility of making him a martyr was the best way of going about it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

jeffreyw posted:

I read Bloomberg mention the assassin was just that pissed off about Abe, which feels like one of those bad Japanese mistranslations to be honest.

If that's all he felt about the guy, I don't know if introducing the possibility of making him a martyr was the best way of going about it.

I don't think he had made a rational assessment about the pros and cons of his chosen actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jeffreyw posted:

A martyr is still a corpse. Not everyone is all that fussed about that sort of thing, particularly when seeing someone you hate dead is a more pressing concern.