Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell

Chicken Thumbs posted:

I've never listened to ASMR before and a friend of mine who's really into it convinced me to give it a shot. She was right about the whole "it gives you a tingly feeling" but for me it was like in a bad way, it made me feel like there was something moving under my skin and also like I was about to be murdered. I didn't expect a lady whispering about meditation to put the fear of death in me, but life is full of surprises like that!

if your lady whispering about meditation is like wiccan, cool. if shes a baba yaga theres ur problem

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Chicken Thumbs posted:

I've never listened to ASMR before and a friend of mine who's really into it convinced me to give it a shot. She was right about the whole "it gives you a tingly feeling" but for me it was like in a bad way, it made me feel like there was something moving under my skin and also like I was about to be murdered. I didn't expect a lady whispering about meditation to put the fear of death in me, but life is full of surprises like that!

I find this interesting, because I’m very curious about brain states and sleep and dreams.

I don’t have anything meaningful to add, or any jokes to make, but I do indeed find Thai interesting.

Finger Prince

This brew pub does a "London style porter" made with rye in the malt and cascade hops, so not "London style" at all. I'm not a big fan of porters and this one is no exception, but it does earn bonus points for having a pretty funky flavour profile. Their chai saison is really good though.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Finger Prince posted:

This brew pub does a "London style porter" made with rye in the malt and cascade hops, so not "London style" at all. I'm not a big fan of porters and this one is no exception, but it does earn bonus points for having a pretty funky flavour profile. Their chai saison is really good though.
My favorite alcoholic beverage ever was a porter. It was from Black Isle breweries, and I got it half price because it was expired by like 8 months. It was so good I got more of it, which was okay, but it turns out the expiredness was what made it truly great.

Finger Prince

roomforthetuna posted:

My favorite alcoholic beverage ever was a porter. It was from Black Isle breweries, and I got it half price because it was expired by like 8 months. It was so good I got more of it, which was okay, but it turns out the expiredness was what made it truly great.

I've had good porters, but it's just not a style of beer I gravitate to.

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

yeah that does sound good to me but it also does not sound "London style" at all

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy

Stoner Sloth posted:

yobbin is what's happenin, itt welcome hello & chat!

have you got any pets, favourite crimes or opinions on pizza and/or tacos that you have acquired in your time away from :justpost: ing?

i got cats...they're good. I also ate taco bell, which was out of mexican pizzas. I just smoked weed, which I do not yet have amedical card for. I think I checked all the boxes there

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ass-penny

Fart Dumbass posted:

i got cats...they're good. I also ate taco bell, which was out of mexican pizzas. I just smoked weed, which I do not yet have amedical card for. I think I checked all the boxes there

I don't suppose you have pictures of your cats that you feel comfortable posting :kiddo:

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy

rear end-penny posted:

I don't suppose you have pictures of your cats that you feel comfortable posting :kiddo:

bubba loves his catnip shaker

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Stoner Sloth

Fart Dumbass posted:

thanks for sharing, these are excellent pets, taco/pizza opinions and crimes

Fart Dumbass posted:

woah what a great kitty!

Finger Prince

I started monkeying around with some of my music stuff, but I'm not really feeling it right now. I thought I would be, but no. I did listen to one of my half (quarter(nascent idea)) finished tracks and I was like, I did this? It's really pretty funky, but I really don't know where to go with it which is why it sits in the unfinished projects file.

3D Megadoodoo

rear end-penny posted:

just wanted to share this random waffle with byob

"No one care who I was until I put on the mask" (The Bark Knight Rises, 2012)

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Fart Dumbass posted:

this is a hefty cat

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

to be clear, i like the hefty cat

biosterous

same

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

this is a hefty cat

he is a substantial cat and I love him

he may also be a chonky boi

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Possibly an absolute unit

Escape From Noise

Well... today was weird.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

im lurking

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Escape From Noise posted:

Well... today was weird.

oh poo poo this must be very weird for you

sig by owlhawk911

Escape From Noise

On a lighter note I'm really digging how my soba saison is turning out.

more falafel please

forums poster

On a lighter note I'm really digging how my soba saison is turning out.

yeah I'm curious about that. what kind of flavor/body does buckwheat contribute?

saison is maybe my favorite style for playing with alternative grains

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

yeah I'm curious about that. what kind of flavor/body does buckwheat contribute?

saison is maybe my favorite style for playing with alternative grains

It's got this really funky fruity flavor going on with that sorta spicy buckwheat flavor in the back of the throat you get from buckwheat tea. It's also very dry since I used Belgian saison yeast. The malt base is 100% Vienna malt with like 28% buckwheat groats. I wanted to do 30%, but easier to deal in full bags. Target OG was 1.043, but I think I hit 41 or 42. Bittered with Styrian Golding with Styrian Golding and Fuggle for 20 minutes, and 2 minutes. If you're interested.

more falafel please

forums poster

It's got this really funky fruity flavor going on with that sorta spicy buckwheat flavor in the back of the throat you get from buckwheat tea. It's also very dry since I used Belgian saison yeast. The malt base is 100% Vienna malt with like 28% buckwheat groats. I wanted to do 30%, but easier to deal in full bags. Target OG was 1.043, but I think I hit 41 or 42. Bittered with Styrian Golding with Styrian Golding and Fuggle for 20 minutes, and 2 minutes. If you're interested.

nice. do you have to do a cereal mash for the buckwheat?

styrian is my goto hop for saisons. the recipe I repeat a lot does some generic bittering hop at 60, then styrian at 20 and flameout. i use French saison yeast (usually Belle saison since dry yeast fits my laziness) so it's definitely a different character, more bubblegummy. i think it works really well with the styrian though. i also use malted wheat and rye so it has some fun spiciness going on.

pixaal

oh boy lunch is soon what to get what to get

sig by owlhawk911

xcheopis

pixaal posted:

oh boy lunch is soon what to get what to get

burrito!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

pixaal

Neato!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Finger Prince posted:

I started monkeying around with some of my music stuff, but I'm not really feeling it right now. I thought I would be, but no. I did listen to one of my half (quarter(nascent idea)) finished tracks and I was like, I did this? It's really pretty funky, but I really don't know where to go with it which is why it sits in the unfinished projects file.

i need to get back into it too. right now i'm spending a lot of time making synth modules instead of making music. just one more and i'll stop! i can stop any time! i don't have a problem!!

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

pixaal

Dr. Honked posted:

i need to get back into it too. right now i'm spending a lot of time making synth modules instead of making music. just one more and i'll stop! i can stop any time! i don't have a problem!!

okay I've never seen a breadboard used like this. Always just AND OR and NOT gates. Maybe a fancy chip gets plugged in after the teacher verified things. We built a simple processor as a class project but it was each person built a section and had the blueprint was kinda boring in that regard and I learned nothing about how a CPU works. But anyway what's going on with this. This makes sounds? This all low voltage? This might be a hobby I can get into no solder just plug stuff into a breadboard and see what it sounds like.

That blue silicon has got to be the expensive bit you are trying to protect. Or is that just a LAN card?

cruft

pixaal posted:

That blue silicon has got to be the expensive bit you are trying to protect. Or is that just a LAN card?

That's the arduino :)

Manifisto

cruft posted:

That's the arduino :)

arduinette

whoops wrong thread

ty nesamdoom!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

pixaal posted:

okay I've never seen a breadboard used like this. Always just AND OR and NOT gates. Maybe a fancy chip gets plugged in after the teacher verified things. We built a simple processor as a class project but it was each person built a section and had the blueprint was kinda boring in that regard and I learned nothing about how a CPU works. But anyway what's going on with this. This makes sounds? This all low voltage? This might be a hobby I can get into no solder just plug stuff into a breadboard and see what it sounds like.

nothing is expensive and i'm not protecting anything. the highest voltage here is 12v. as cruft says, that's an Arduino Nano and it's running the Mozzi library to make sounds :) the circuitry you can see there is all about amplifying and filtering the sound, and processing control voltage inputs, and knobs and switches and stuff. it makes terrible awful sounds and that's my favourite kind of sound

this is a previous version, it's MUCH worse now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erbtl81fwag

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

This man is a true yobber :patriot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGUhBzSgOxw&t=370s

baka of lathspell

Tebulot posted:

im lurking

you picked the wrong thread bud

oh i see you posted nvm moving on

baka of lathspell

my fuckin writin program wont work right, how do i obsessively and anally write my word count out now

audio goons: try cutting the red wire i think. no, the blue

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"No one cared who I was until I put on the mask" (The Bark Knight Rises, 2012)

slowfreq

Hello. Posting things terrifies me. I'm doing this because I was told to for some kind of disk chord.

pixaal

posting in byob is off the record it doens't increase post count this is a safe place

sig by owlhawk911

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

nice. do you have to do a cereal mash for the buckwheat?

styrian is my goto hop for saisons. the recipe I repeat a lot does some generic bittering hop at 60, then styrian at 20 and flameout. i use French saison yeast (usually Belle saison since dry yeast fits my laziness) so it's definitely a different character, more bubblegummy. i think it works really well with the styrian though. i also use malted wheat and rye so it has some fun spiciness going on.

Nah, I just added it like I would for any other saison using unmalted wheat or whatever. Just did a step mash.

Yeah. I like Styrian Golding a lot. I wish I could get my hands on dry French saison but the Lallemand Bel saison is easy to get here, so Belgian it is until I can get some liquid yeast.

baka of lathspell

yee afaik posting is something you can do, and do HARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

post post post