Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

LawfulWaffle posted:

If he was tied to something, what would have happened when his hand was caught? Something would have to give.

The rule when using tag lines is never to wrap the line around your hand, which is what I'm assuming this guy did. When the load goes the loop around your hand tightens up and drags you with it, resulting in people being dragged along for the ride when a multi ton object gets caught in a gust of wind and you aren't properly braced to hold it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/fEqUHUT.mp4

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Apparently it's included so you can write down the time the tourniquet was put on so you don't keep it tightened for too long.

Devor posted:

It's so that when the hospital takes it off, they know if it's been past the "time to amputate" window. If your leg has waited too long, letting the blood in it back into your body can straight up kill you

This really isn't an issue outside of the wilderness or a battlefield as a tourniquet can be left on for up to 12 hours without any additional damage to the limb.

Sorry, it's really important to clarify this since massive bleeding is one of the most leading causes of death and tourniquets are awesome for preventing it but you still see old misinformation about them only being used as a last resort since it used to be commonly believed you would almost definitely lose your limb if one was used.

Also please order from North American Rescue or another reputable site since it's pretty common for the windlass to break easily on counterfeit ones and well if that happens you are pretty screwed.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 8, 2022

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/misterpatches/status/1545161718212579331

tbh I would be more worried if I encountered this sign while traversing a dirt mall

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Your weekly (daily?) reminder that Autopilot is not an autopilot.

https://twitter.com/ericpauldennis/status/1545120835786137600?s=21&t=QndaNd9SL7o8oJgIwaJXXQ

https://twitter.com/ericpauldennis/status/1545124209315176450?s=21&t=rIilmk0ZnPpxOLlJj3O7PQ

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Are we going to rename Mansfield bars?

Doesn't look like it helped much.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Teslas have had years long reported issues with white trailers. Glad to know that it still can’t see them

https://twitter.com/CyberCaffeinate/status/1129772134807560198

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

This guy is making a lot of assumptions about what happened when the article he linked mentions nothing about autopilot/passengers sleeping/vehicle veering/etc

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Its just a technology arms race though. They go and try to design and even safer crash-stops on the back of trailers and then Tesla is just going to have to go and redesign their cars to ride even lower or something to get around them.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

mattfl posted:

This guy is making a lot of assumptions about what happened when the article he linked mentions nothing about autopilot/passengers sleeping/vehicle veering/etc

Tesla has earned it at this point. Particularly since you don't get many fatal crashes in parking lots.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Most of the Tesla's weight being a whole 6 inches off the ground probably didn't help much either. Short of hitting a wall, none of the crumple zones are worth a gently caress with that much mass slung so low.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I am at least entertaining the notion that he said something loving snide about her driving and it was the last straw.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tesla should start making custom exclusive caskets that come with the purchase of the full self drive app. Just tack another $10k on there and Elon can send you a box with lithium batteries that sets you on fire once the casket is lowered into the grave.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Devor posted:

Tesla has earned it at this point. Particularly since you don't get many fatal crashes in parking lots.

Hell at this point I'm assuming the Tesla followed the lines at full highway speed all the way into the rest stop and into the truck

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Musk is trying to short his own company by pushing kill commands, after he lost a shitload running bitcoin scams and leveraging tesla assets.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

mattfl posted:

It’s a Tesla, we all know what happened.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sigma posted:

Teslas have had years long reported issues with white trailers. Glad to know that it still can’t see them

What radar? I thought Teslas relied only on cameras because Musk declared that it must be so?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

No one has trusted Mansfield bars for I think the entire length of their existence. They won't decap attack you but a loaded trailer is still basically a wall so your best bet is to not hit a truck at highway speed.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Tesla should start making custom exclusive caskets that come with the purchase of the full self drive app. Just tack another $10k on there and Elon can send you a box with lithium batteries that sets you on fire once the casket is lowered into the grave.

Tesla Caskets are so advanced, they can bury themselves! Watch this; "Tesla-Casket, activate auto-bury mode."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Tesla Caskets are so advanced, they can bury themselves! Watch this; "Tesla-Casket, activate auto-bury mode."

The has a screen inside to play an endless loop of rick and morty while you rot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

zedprime posted:

No one has trusted Mansfield bars for I think the entire length of their existence. They won't decap attack you but a loaded trailer is still basically a wall so your best bet is to not hit a truck at highway speed.

They seem pretty useful in pile ups though. When it's slow moving traffic, glancing blows, and vehicles tall enough to have a larger surface area take the hit.

Plowing into a stopped one at 70 is a different story than getting rear ended and shoved into a Mansfield bar, or any number of survivable situations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah, I've seen Mansfield/ICC bars catch a lot of cars and avoid decapitations. They are effective in most situations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nonstop fart sounds coming from the casket.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Theyre also great at catching bollards and bending into the perfect angles to stab a motherfucker out of nowhere.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Yeah I remember pulling an empty trailer on an icy road so my backend was just sliding around a bit would hate to have wedged a little car in there.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Wistful of Dollars posted:

It’s a Tesla, we all know what happened.

This suggests that the passenger would have survived by the head being below the truck bed.

Jesus can you imagine?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/gutknott/status/1545077683809402882?s=20&t=RmOjVR9bi__irmL_8E62mw

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

haveblue posted:

What radar? I thought Teslas relied only on cameras because Musk declared that it must be so?

They originally had radar, but it has been removed in recent model years. If that tweet is right about it being a 2015 model I think they still had it then

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

mattfl posted:

Walmart, save money, die better

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sigma posted:

Pfft, two fatal accidents in three years? Do you have any idea how many people we've burned alive in that time?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/Z2G586a.mp4

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

god drat I love this cat

"Yeah no you're gonna have to move me to get that thing around"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That cat is gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

By popular demand posted:

That cat is gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

That cat don't give a FUUUCK about the coca cola company.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That cat doesn't give a gently caress about anything, including both where it is on the sidewalk and whether it's in anyone's way

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Gadzuko posted:

They originally had radar, but it has been removed in recent model years. If that tweet is right about it being a 2015 model I think they still had it then

Older models with radar have had it disabled by software updates because Tesla lost the license to use it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Been in Memphis for work a few times, but never could make the time to visit there.

This made me look it up and seems like they fixed the horrible bridge damage on the highway that crossed right by there. I wonder if they checked to see if there were other problems in the few months that took!
https://wreg.com/news/i-40-bridge/tdot-initial-i-40-bridge-fracture-repair-work-completed/

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Why is it okay when an animal does this, but not when I do it?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Wear your mask when visiting the great outdoors
https://twitter.com/BaelaLayla/status/1544773699873693696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The Alchemist posted:

Why is it okay when an animal does this, but not when I do it?

post your beans and we’ll see if you get the privilege