Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

googled ted cruz chili just to see, and he is very strangely silent on the issue. this is one of the first results, so there's basically no info out there

i must know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

Yeah but they’d most likely hear arguments from Paxton and Cruz and rule that Texas’ minority view on the matter must be imposed on everyone. Even a stopped clock and all that.

You’ve seen Abbot’s “brisket” and assume that Paxton/Cruz will know what good chili is?

Nah, we’d end up with ground beef, canned corn and green beans with a teaspoon of paprika as the official chili.

i say swears online posted:

cornyn's the oven ketchup brisket guy

Oh dang, you’re right! My bad. My point still stands.

Doom Rooster fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 7, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cornyn's the oven ketchup brisket guy

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

abbott would probably greedily slurp up cornyn's brisket though

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dameius posted:

I've never supported Texas succession, and don't you tempt me.
Forget the Alamo!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jokes posted:

abbott would probably greedily slurp up cornyn's brisket though

look,

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

beef's expensive, we can't all be picky

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Abbott would eat bbq ribs with a knife and fork.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Maybe he can buy some better food by tapping into the millions he received from suing that guy whose tree crippled him

You know, that lawsuit that made him rich as hell?

The lawsuit that he filed and won before he championed legislation capping lawsuit awards?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Paxton uses a picante sauce from New York city.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Dameius posted:

Paxton uses a picante sauce from New York city.

NEW YORK CITY?!?!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Forget the Alamo!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/TheAlamoryde/menu/

post ur favorites, i'm the halloumi burger

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm the small veggie for children:

1 veggie sausage, toast, mushrooms, beans, and egg

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

jokes posted:

Maybe he can buy some better food by tapping into the millions he received from suing that guy whose tree crippled him

You know, that lawsuit that made him rich as hell?

The lawsuit that he filed and won before he championed legislation capping lawsuit awards?

gently caress I hate that dude.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Doom Rooster posted:

You’ve seen Abbot’s “brisket” and assume that Paxton/Cruz will know what good chili is?

Nah, we’d end up with ground beef, canned corn and green beans with a teaspoon of paprika as the official chili.

Oh dang, you’re right! My bad. My point still stands.

But Abbott is the guy who proclaimed “the most important thing about barbecue is sauce,” so you’re probably right.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

But Abbott is the guy who proclaimed “the most important thing about barbecue is sauce,” so you’re probably right.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
taste the meat not Mesquite

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

googled ted cruz chili just to see, and he is very strangely silent on the issue. this is one of the first results, so there's basically no info out there

i must know

I thought I hated Cruz enough already, the thought of him ruining Dr. Pepper for me by association fills me with a rage not known before. Ignorance truly is bliss in this situation.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

I'm 100% the Cowboy Risotto. Two words that are perfectly cool and normal being next to each other.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The Brokeback Mountain Meal -

Giddy on up to a grass fed, pan seared duck breast lasso'd on top a hill of Israeli couscous with ginger gastrique. So good, it'll be illegal to boycott!

*Complimentary ranch beans available for dine in only.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I thought I hated Cruz enough already, the thought of him ruining Dr. Pepper for me by association fills me with a rage not known before. Ignorance truly is bliss in this situation.

I had to go to the Dr. pepper office in Plano once for work. They gave me a dr. Pepper flavored cookie and it was probably the grossest thing I’ve eaten ever. They also only had the HFCS Dr. Peppers which are vastly inferior.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

jokes posted:

I had to go to the Dr. pepper office in Plano once for work. They gave me a dr. Pepper flavored cookie and it was probably the grossest thing I’ve eaten ever. They also only had the HFCS Dr. Peppers which are vastly inferior.

Like I needed any reinforcement that Plano sucks poo poo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'd eat the cookie

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

i'd eat the cookie

:same:

I flamed a guy cooking pulled pork with dr pepper and it was actually good so i took the L

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

I flamed a guy cooking pulled pork with dr pepper and it was actually good so i took the L

honest mistake. at least now you know

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

Race for governor tightens as Abbott's lead over O'Rourke shrinks to 6 points, poll finds

lol this is the poll with beto at 39

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40543385/north-carolina-wants-remove-free-public-ev-chargers/

get it together txleg

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

It's depressing that, increasingly, the animating principle of a bunch of legislators is sheer petulance.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

PT6A posted:

It's depressing that, increasingly, the animating principle of a bunch of legislators is sheer petulance.

It's apparently the animating principle of a bunch of adults in general

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

PT6A posted:

This has been the cornerstone of conservatism my entire life

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RisqueBarber posted:

There's a taco place near me that has a whole thing for Dr. Pepper themed sauces for the meat. After trying them I feel Dr. Pepper really does go well with savory flavors.

I'm not so sure about mixing it with the already sugary flavor of a cookie, but I'd at least try one.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Don't leave out the best part:

quote:

Moss isn't saying that free public Level 2 chargers—of which there are three in my town, with plans in the works to convert to paid kiosks—definitely need to get crushed by a monster truck. That rule only comes into play if a town refuses to build free gas and diesel pumps next to the EV chargers.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Why hide your ties to Oil and Gas when you can just broadcast that you're openly in their pocket!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

PT6A posted:

?? While it’s increasing, conservatism increased from 98% about petulant fascism to 99% since… poo poo, maybe Nixon?

Don’t forget Reagan got so pissed off that black people had guns, he started banning guns and republicans absolutely adored him for it. It’s always been a party of spite, obstinence, projection. It’s not like anything has changed since at least the civil war as far as overall goals for the conservative movement goes, but I’d say it’s gotten more spiteful/fascistic starting with.. well, the years that boomers started to come of age, strangely.

jokes fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 8, 2022

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

radical meme posted:

Don't leave out the best part:

Malicious compliance: build free gasoline/diesel pumps but they dispense energy at the same rate as the free L2 chargers: 7,200 J/s. That works out to be roughly 0.2gallons per hour, or a touch over a week to fill up an F150.

No hold open on the pumps either, for safety of course.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 8, 2022

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

PT6A posted:

Sheer Petrol...lance even

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Shifty Pony posted:

Malicious compliance: build free gasoline/diesel pumps but they dispense energy at the same rate as the free L2 chargers: 7,200 J/s. That works out to be roughly 0.2gallons per hour, or a touch over a week to fill up an F150.

No hold open on the pumps either, for safety of course.

Fantastic.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Shooting Blanks posted:

This. I'd seriously consider leaving Texas currently, if I had the means to do so.

Probably same, if for no other reason than I'm tired of living in the hurricane oilswamp

but lmao @ the idea of being able to afford to live anywhere else that isn't wildly worse

RisqueBarber posted:

It's just an acid and some sugar. Wait till you realize most of the good carne asada is made with frozen OJ concentrate lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

jokes posted:

?? While it’s increasing, conservatism increased from 98% about petulant fascism to 99% since… poo poo, maybe Nixon?

Don’t forget Reagan got so pissed off that black people had guns, he started banning guns and republicans absolutely adored him for it. It’s always been a party of spite, obstinence, projection. It’s not like anything has changed since at least the civil war as far as overall goals for the conservative movement goes, but I’d say it’s gotten more spiteful/fascistic starting with.. well, the years that boomers started to come of age, strangely.

Boomers grew up learning about NAZIS and thought to themselves, "well hang on, not all those ideas were bad."