Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Same potentially with Malkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm pretty sure recapture penalties only applied to the pre-amended CBA contracts that had super long term and had some excessive amount of backdiving in the contract that is no longer legal to structure a contract that way.

35+ contracts just don't go off the books if a player retires, but that's a different sort of penalty than the "recapture" that Keith, Luongo, etc. invoked when they retired.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

TonyD got exposed constantly on both the Rangers and Carolina as a defensive sieve. Sure he puts up points but if the Flyers need someone to actually play defense, lmao.

I mean...use him correctly and he's an extremely talented offensive player who can run a power play
Protect his 5v5 minutes and give him all the PP minutes and ignore what a dumb lovely person he is

Dunno if the Flyers have the smarts or ability to do all that though (well they certainly can ignore what a dumb lovely person he is)

Matt Zerella posted:

TonyD and Torts lmao

This however is the real lol

Tony's dumb bullshit is gonna push Torts into a rage

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm pretty sure recapture penalties only applied to the pre-amended CBA contracts that had super long term and had some excessive amount of backdiving in the contract that is no longer legal to structure a contract that way.

35+ contracts just don't go off the books if a player retires, but that's a different sort of penalty than the "recapture" that Keith, Luongo, etc. invoked when they retired.

35+ contracts can go off the books, it just depends how they're structured. If there's signing bonuses after the first year or they're front loaded they stay, if there are no signing bonuses after the first year and they are equal or back loaded they can dissappear

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Do the Oilers get a cap credit or something because Keith retired? I read that somewhere

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Leafs 3rd round pick had quite the year.

https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/1519649866724610049?s=20&t=cAiJ3qei44je2FNlfwEUTg

Trending to a late 1st/early 2nd round range, loses 2.5 months at the start of the year to some mystery disease comes back, first shift in he gets kicked in the neck and almost bleeds out.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I hate the Husso trade because it means the Blues are probably planning on signing Charlie Lindgren to be their backup, thereby depriving me of having him on the Rangers and the tremendous content it’d produce

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Do the Oilers get a cap credit or something because Keith retired? I read that somewhere

Technically they should but before the trade happened the Oilers were told they would not get a credit by the NHL for uhh reasons?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

triple sulk posted:

Great job you loving poo poo organization

Not being hyperbolic when I say I might completely check out of watching the flyers next season, just in awe by how bad this is getting

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
But now the train wreck is radioactive toxicity! How can you look away?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I felt like the Hakstol era had a comically bad vibe to it that at least had me tuning in

This is beyond terrible and signing that stupid loving piece of poo poo is actually making me angry in a way I don't even feel when they're being garbage on the ice

The sole reason I'd go to a game now is to be close enough to scream at DeAngelo, I don't give a gently caress if he scores 80 loving goals in a season, gently caress him, gently caress Fletcher, gently caress the flyers

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

rex rabidorum vires posted:

But now the train wreck is radioactive toxicity! How can you look away?

I fear for Gritty’s safety and remaining sanity.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like the Oilers for doing that to Chicago. And dislike Keith slightly less.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

If anything it helps Chicago reach the cap floor after they trade Kane

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Good soup! posted:

I felt like the Hakstol era had a comically bad vibe to it that at least had me tuning in

This is beyond terrible and signing that stupid loving piece of poo poo is actually making me angry in a way I don't even feel when they're being garbage on the ice

The sole reason I'd go to a game now is to be close enough to scream at DeAngelo, I don't give a gently caress if he scores 80 loving goals in a season, gently caress him, gently caress Fletcher, gently caress the flyers

it's a real bad move. look how no one wanted him and then carolina scoops him up and people go from thinking carolina is a cool and good team to a huge piece of poo poo team because he was on it

the flyers are such a poo poo team and so badly run that i'd guess it comes across as more pitiful than anything in 2022, now there's an actual reason to hate them on top of it

just frustrated

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
as funny as it was when the flyers traded for ristolainen and finally got him out of buffalo, i actually feel bad for flyers fans now. not bad enough that i would take ristolainen back or anything, but you know

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Simplex posted:

If anything it helps Chicago reach the cap floor after they trade Kane

Yeah this is less funny than it would've been a couple years ago. Oh well!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1545474384055488514

good on you for asking, Charlie

I'm sure it'll be a lot of hemming and hawing about 'due diligence' and '2nd chances' and accountability but hey at least he asked

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

How did the Blackhawks not get more for Debrincat? Were people overrating his value?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Osmashi/status/1545461490500583424

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Matt Murray is like a heat-seeking missile ready to blow up some poor franchise.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's just hard to fathom why the Flyers wanted him, his skill set is extremely Modern Defenseman and pretty much the exact opposite of what Torts wants his defensemen to do. It's gonna take like a month for Torts to start burying him and him to freak out about it.

this isn't really accurate imo. Torts has flaws, but he constantly preaches about defensemen joining the rush. Del Zotto was great under him, Dan Boyle, Werenski, Seth Jones, even a Ryan Murray had a career year under him.

he'll definitely get them to try and block shots, but he's not as crazy about that as he was under the Rangers.

I'm actually somewhat bullish on this move for the Flyers. Tony D has been getting screamed at by angry Italian men for his whole life. it'll feel like home even more.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Carver posted:

Matt Murray is like a heat-seeking missile ready to blow up some poor franchise.

Murray is a selfless hero who saved this poor franchise, his number should be raised to the rafters

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bruce rules so much. he deserves to win one. even if it's with the Canucks, it's been 55 years

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I'm actually somewhat bullish on this move for the Flyers. Tony D has been getting screamed at by angry Italian men for his whole life. it'll feel like home even more.

watch out, minorities, nobody's safe with a comfortable and empowered tony d around

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/josh_katz22/status/1545455693251198976

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
DeBrincat being 24, ppg player with two 40-goal seasons and basically telling management he’s willing to stay during a rebuild and they…traded him so they could draft Kevin Korchinski?

Stan Bowman getting the green lito trade for Seth Jones set this franchise back by half a decade good lord

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

watch out, minorities, nobody's safe with a comfortable and empowered tony d around

Tony D walking out from shooting his Gino's commercial trying to find a minority to yell at

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/NHLAdamK/status/1545480922224631809?t=RYHpXE8JQvGMjpLNlmkr0Q&s=19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/1545476702712766466

annnnd there's the bullshit answer

yeah I'm done with this team until at least Tony and chuck are gone. gently caress em.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tony you're aware Philly literally chased out a parade of racists from the city, right

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/philadelphia-fourth-of-july-white-supremacists-b1879047.html

hope they chase you out too, you stupid gently caress

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

The Dirty Burger posted:

DeBrincat being 24, ppg player with two 40-goal seasons and basically telling management he’s willing to stay during a rebuild and they…traded him so they could draft Kevin Korchinski?

Stan Bowman getting the green lito trade for Seth Jones set this franchise back by half a decade good lord

That trade made zero sense for Chicago. Although they said it's a 5 year rebuild, I think it's going to be much longer than that.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God drat god drat mother loving hell I actually hate this team now hahahaha

The hyperbole is gone, at least I am free from the shackles of caring about this team, had you told me about this poo poo years ago I would have thought it was impossible

Uhhhhhhhhhh go Avs I guess?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

this isn't really accurate imo. Torts has flaws, but he constantly preaches about defensemen joining the rush. Del Zotto was great under him, Dan Boyle, Werenski, Seth Jones, even a Ryan Murray had a career year under him.

he'll definitely get them to try and block shots, but he's not as crazy about that as he was under the Rangers.

Jack Johnson was +23 under him once. Think about that for a minute.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Good soup! posted:

Tony you're aware Philly literally chased out a parade of racists from the city, right

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/philadelphia-fourth-of-july-white-supremacists-b1879047.html

hope they chase you out too, you stupid gently caress

Different crowd. He's going to have such a large following of people in South Philly and South Jersey. Place is racist as hell.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Is it impossible that DeAngelo has been changing for the better and stopped his bullshit? I don't remember any controversy at all last season. I'm not sure a 24 year old should be written off as "bad person until the end of time who should never play the league again."

Also, this is a genuine question out of ignorance: what has he done that we know was racist in the NHL? People tried to say there was racism with Miller and everyone involved basically said he's a dickhead but the racism rumors are totally unfounded.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1545484771098230787

things going well between cam talbot and bill guerin

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

whatis posted:

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1545484771098230787

things going well between cam talbot and bill guerin

i think youre doing a loving terrible job of trying to win, bill

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

fawning deference posted:

Is it impossible that DeAngelo has been changing for the better and stopped his bullshit? I don't remember any controversy at all last season. I'm not sure a 24 year old should be written off as "bad person until the end of time who should never play the league again."

Also, this is a genuine question out of ignorance: what has he done that we know was racist in the NHL? People tried to say there was racism with Miller and everyone involved basically said he's a dickhead but the racism rumors are totally unfounded.

Everyone except K'Andre, that is :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fawning deference posted:

Is it impossible that DeAngelo has been changing for the better and stopped his bullshit?

Yes.