Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Random QB rankings is peak offseason content

This will easily last 2 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

FO's QB tiers:

The only separator between A and S were Herbert and Allen were a bit inconsistent and had some bad games

LOL @ TL and Mac Jones 2 levels above the other Rookie QBs and the same tier as Matt Ryan!

Broke brained.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

drat, FO is making Tannehill share his team backdrop.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Brady is like a B. Still an effective player and worthy starter but like every few games he really shows his age.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hizawk posted:

I can't believe I am saying this, but Goff is easily C tier.

I dunno, I'd take Baker over Goff pretty easily. The rest of the guys in D+ are all young guys who looked awful but at least have hope. Goff and Daniel Jones and Wentz seem about right to me. Guys who can be dragged up by coaching, but are gonna top out at sub-average starter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

drat, FO is making Tannehill share his team backdrop.

Tannehill is the one that stuck out to me as too low.

I don't like Tannehill but the numbers are the numbers.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

LOL @ TL and Mac Jones 2 levels above the other Rookie QBs and the same tier as Matt Ryan!

Broke brained.

Jimmy G is still a 49er so he’s included in that ranking along with Lance.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Kalli posted:

FO's QB tiers:

The only separator between A and S were Herbert and Allen were a bit inconsistent and had some bad games

It pains me to say this, but Kirk cousins is better than C+

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm going to have to set aside the weekend and really study that rankings chart. Sink my teeth into and analyze all the data. I'll report back on Monday with my findings.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Jimmy G is still a 49er so he’s included in that ranking along with Lance.

Trevor Lawrence.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kiimo posted:

Tannehill is the one that stuck out to me as too low.

I don't like Tannehill but the numbers are the numbers.

I wouldn't take Tannehill over anyone in a higher tier. Same with Cousins. I would probably take either over Jameis, but that's just an argument to knock Jameis down a tier.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Carr/Murray/Tannehill/Cousins should all be in the same tier.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tannehill should not have a nfl contract as a qb

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

I wouldn't take Tannehill over anyone in a higher tier. Same with Cousins. I would probably take either over Jameis, but that's just an argument to knock Jameis down a tier.

Yeah fair enough.

But have you seen Jameis' workouts? Pretty compelling evidence.

*that his trainer watches Dragon Ball Z

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Tannehill is a solid QB in the regular season. It's in the playoffs where he really starts to suck it up.

The real issue is Minshew getting snubbed from the Eagles slot.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Restreaming sites out of Balochistan or wherever are too reliable and sophisticated and easily put on my television for me to justify paying a sub specifically for NFL games.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've done all sorts of things including reddit streams, but I like Youtube TV for RedZone and for jumping between college games.

Granted if you're just doing RedZone or whatever then the spinoff reddit stream sites are the way to go.

Nov 6, 2002

I've reached the point in my life where I do not have a problem justifying spending a small amount of money to easily and reliably access content I immensely enjoy on whatever device of my choosing.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I've reached the point in my life where I do not have a problem justifying spending a small amount of money to easily and reliably access content I immensely enjoy on whatever device of my choosing.

Oh is someone offering that?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

The real issue is Minshew getting snubbed from the Eagles slot.
BDN missing from Chicago is also an affront.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

FO's QB tiers:

I love tiers!

I don’t like Dak and Stafford above Lamar!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Restreaming sites out of Balochistan or wherever are too reliable and sophisticated and easily put on my television for me to justify paying a sub specifically for NFL games.

its crazy how much better they are than official streaming services they are, and how much better theyve also improved over time. they show games at 720p now and dont require refreshing every 5 minutes like they used to.

i was using my parents youtubeTV account last season and that worked okay but still had the lovely blackout and regional market issues that cable has. just let me watch my goddamn team.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm going to have to set aside the weekend and really study that rankings chart. Sink my teeth into and analyze all the data. I'll report back on Monday with my findings.

here's the data: Lamar and Burrow up to A, Dak down to B, Lawrence and Winston down to C

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

fsif posted:

I think I'd pay $100 for it? Anything more would be hard to justify.

MLB.tv is more than that for a single team

With blackouts and random IP glitches thinking you’re constantly in a blackout when you shouldn’t be. Like I can watch a Cardinals game at my house five miles from my mom’s house and she gets a blackout.

MLB’s streaming solution sucks rear end, I do not have high hopes for the NFL’s and will be pissed if it means I can’t watch Titans games on my local CBS station.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 8, 2022

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

DeimosRising posted:

Oh is someone offering that?

No, I've tried to get it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

That’s because he’s now backing up Matt Ryan in Indianapolis.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Game pass in Europe is amazing.

Still crazy that it's easier and better watching NFL here streaming than back in North America.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Forget it, Jack, it's Siemien town

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They are saying NFL Plus will probably be $5/mo and only offer streams of games that are available OTA in your market. That is a good deal if you don't have a way to watch the broadcasts or are good with a VPN (assuming it doesn't require GPS access). Totally stupid that there is still not an option to just watch whatever game you want.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hizawk posted:

Game pass in Europe is amazing.

Still crazy that it's easier and better watching NFL here streaming than back in North America.

NBA is the same way, International League Pass is flatly superior even before you get to it being 20 bucks a year if you buy it in rupees and stuff like that

Nov 6, 2002

Lifespan posted:

Totally stupid that there is still not an option to just watch whatever game you want.

There will be, but it's going to be sold by Apple, Amazon or whomever the highest bidder is.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love tiers!

I don’t like Dak and Stafford above Lamar!

I don’t understand what people see in Dak. He’s alright enough, like if the Panthers had been somehow able to choose between Mayfield and Prescott this week it would be a no brainer, but he seems like someone who is regularly lauded that never really seems to produce to match the level of takes. Must be America’s Team™️ bias.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Freaquency posted:

I don’t understand what people see in Dak. He’s alright enough, like if the Panthers had been somehow able to choose between Mayfield and Prescott this week it would be a no brainer, but he seems like someone who is regularly lauded that never really seems to produce to match the level of takes. Must be America’s Team™️ bias.

Dak puts up a lot of garbage time points losing to bad teams and people think this means he's good because fanty.

He's Blake Bortles with weapons.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dak before his injury last year was like all pro good and had the Cowboys at 5-1

42/58, 403 yards 3/1 TD/int vs the Buccaneers
23/27, 237 yards 0/1 TD/int vs the Chargers
21/26, 238 yards, 3 TD's vs the Eagles
14/22, 188 yards, 4 TD's vs the Panthers
22/32, 302 yards, 3/1 TD/int vs the Giants
36/51, 445 yards, 3/1 TD/int vs the Patriots

Got injured against the Pats, and stunk until late December.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

There will be, but it's going to be sold by Apple, Amazon or whomever the highest bidder is.

I swear I remember Apple getting it but maybe that was a rumor.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Carr is still criminally underrated.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I swear I remember Apple getting it but maybe that was a rumor.

Only available through Apple TV+ on iOS 16 with an iPhone 14 Pro Max

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Redzone is all you need for NFL imo

and life in general really

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fartknocker posted:

That’s because he’s now backing up Matt Ryan in Indianapolis.
Oh poo poo, I missed that news, that is cool to hear that he is reunited with Reich.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Forget it, Jack, it's Siemien town
Yeah I missed that news too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

Carr is still criminally underrated.

He's the best worst QB in a division ever