Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

canepazzo posted:

So Homelander went in the middle of Fifth Avenue Vought Square and killed somebody and will not lose any voters, or was that just a coincidence?

That was no coincidence.

It's exactly a reference to what you are thinking it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Shout out to Matthew Gorman who perfectly inhabits the punchable Todd. I've never seen him in anything else but hopefully he's able to look not so... Todd in any of his other roles.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

christmas boots posted:

Shout out to Matthew Gorman who perfectly inhabits the punchable Todd.

My god, does he ever

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Shout out to Matthew Gorman who perfectly inhabits the punchable Todd. I've never seen him in anything else but hopefully he's able to look not so... Todd in any of his other roles.

he guest starred in an episode of Blues Clues & You, presumably to help bring fascism to the youth

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

For some reason I watched the entire finale thinking it was episode 7 and got sad at the end when I realised it'll be another year or two before the next episode.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Homelander learning how to become a good dad :3:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

PostNouveau posted:

lol sucks for Aya Cash.

"Yeah our guest star for the season was just sooooooooooo loving good that we had to rewrite some stuff so we could keep him around. You really don't want to lose and awesome talent like that!"

*Stormfront kills herself offscreen*

I'm in the she's alive camp, likely being experimented on by Vought. No way the showrunners would resist showing us a gruesome scene of her biting off her own tongue, drowning in blood and flat lining if that's truly how she went out. She's quite possibly Homelander's mom also so a reveal that he was loving his own mother is too juicy for this type of show to pass on.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

I'm in the she's alive camp, likely being experimented on by Vought. No way the showrunners would resist showing us a gruesome scene of her biting off her own tongue, drowning in blood and flat lining if that's truly how she went out. She's quite possibly Homelander's mom also so a reveal that he was loving his own mother is too juicy for this type of show to pass on.

just wait until we find out he impregnated his mama

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wheeee posted:

Knowing that him and his kid are near immortal, I don’t get why Mallory wasn’t showing that kid Return of the Jedi on loop 24/7.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

both black noir and stormfront are extremely dead and i don't know how those facts could be more aggressively telegraphed to the audience than what was already on screen

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Black Noir is definitely dead. But after all that buildup I don't want him to be

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Wheeee posted:

Compared to Butcher (fully became his POS father, down to him also dying soon) and Solider Boy (disgusted by men showing emotional vulnerability due to his own lovely relationship with his emotionally abusive father), he kinda is the only one genuinely trying lol.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

there's no chance they don't go with some sort of "the man playing the character of noir was replaced by a younger actor more in line with today's audience" deal, which spells some pretty bad news for noir. plus homelander had to go back for that helmet at some point, so he'd be reasonably able to confirm noir was dead.

i'm nonetheless hoping we get both, a new noir on the seven and earving waking up to his cartoon pals on a hospital bed

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That DICK! posted:

there's no chance they don't go with some sort of "the man playing the character of noir was replaced by a younger actor more in line with today's audience" deal, which spells some pretty bad news for noir. plus homelander had to go back for that helmet at some point, so he'd be reasonably able to confirm noir was dead.

i'm nonetheless hoping we get both, a new noir on the seven and earving waking up to his cartoon pals on a hospital bed

Running gag is that Homelander will kill Noir every episode because the replacements are just gently caress ups or simply not as good as the original

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Equeen posted:

Compared to Butcher (fully became his POS father, down to him also dying soon) and Solider Boy (disgusted by men showing emotional vulnerability due to his own lovely relationship with his emotionally abusive father), he kinda is the only one genuinely trying lol.

Would love to see Homelander happy and healthy next season, actually being a great dad to Ryan, no longer ripping people to shreds unless they threaten him or his son, no longer ominously threatening his coworkers, and instead teaching his son how to be a (mentally healthy) rear end in a top hat and just being a toxic, shithead boss who belittles and undermines everyone around him

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Equeen posted:

Yeah lol just straight up telling his son "no matter what you do I'll always love you" even if he can't fully back that statement up is legitimately 100x better parenting than Soldier Boy and Butcher lmao

I mean, not so great on the rest of the job but the bar is real loving low

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Yeah lol just straight up telling his son "no matter what you do I'll always love you" even if he can't fully back that statement up is legitimately 100x better parenting than Soldier Boy and Butcher lmao

I mean, not so great on the rest of the job but the bar is real loving low

No way they are going to kill Butcher off this soon though, even if this just a 5 season show

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

With them bringing A-Train back after Herogasm, I think the door is open for Black Noir to come back. I don't think it's going to happen, there are just too many loose B and C plot threads right now and we don't really need more.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

NutritiousSnack posted:

Would love to see Homelander happy and healthy next season, actually being a great dad to Ryan, no longer ripping people to shreds unless they threaten him or his son, no longer ominously threatening his coworkers, and instead teaching his son how to be a (mentally healthy) rear end in a top hat and just being a toxic, shithead boss who belittles and undermines everyone around him

I can see both influencing each other. Homelander becomes slightly, slightly softer and less mentally stable thanks to Ryan’s presence, but Ryan would become worse, more entitled and angry.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Running gag is that Homelander will kill Noir every episode because the replacements are just gently caress ups or simply not as good as the original

Hah, until one so perfectly fits in with him almost like a brother...

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think it'll be interesting if Starlight starts to really figure out how to use her powers.

We've all talked about how Homelander never really tries, because he doesn't have to, but that somewhat applies to all the supers. The members of the Seven are celebrities/entertainers first, supers second.

Annie's childhood was spent focusing on talent shows and pageants, her powers were useful because they enhanced the show. Any non-showbiz utility was barely worth bonus points.

It seems like they really screwed up by not realizing she can fly under certain conditions, that's an amazing showbiz power.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Equeen posted:

Yeah we don’t see any good fathers in the show,, people who are told “you’re my hero”

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Yeah we don’t see any good fathers in the show,, people who are told “you’re my hero”

hughie's dad rules

e: huh his name is just hugh. no wonder my mind blanked on it

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Quick question, but how bad is MM at sex that Todd just replaced him?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Golden Bee posted:

Where did I say that? I explicitly compared Homelander to just Soldier Boy and Butcher due to their connections (whether by blood or a promise to protect him, in Butcher’s case) to Ryan.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
Somebody's already called Ryan HomeBoy, right?

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Black Noir is definitely dead. But after all that buildup I don't want him to be

Black Noir lives in our hearts, in Vought merchandising, and in the C-tier supe they got to put on his suit.

Equeen posted:

I can see both influencing each other. Homelander becomes slightly, slightly softer and less mentally stable thanks to Ryan’s presence, but Ryan would become worse, more entitled and angry.

Series finale twist is Ryan trying to take over the world and the Boys teaming up with Homelander to stop him.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Equeen posted:

Where did I say that? I explicitly compared Homelander to just Soldier Boy and Butcher due to their connections (whether by blood or a promise to protect him, in Butcher’s case) to Ryan.

The poster missed the word just. They agree with u.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Lady Radia posted:

????? TVIV is dumb

what?

are you gonna retcon the thread and try to act like nobody ever talked about the possibility of homelander being depowered and having to temporarily deal with the ramifications of being a mere mortal? is this a part of starlight's fake news onslaught to gaglight the patriotic posters in this noble thread??

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Mr Interweb posted:

are you gonna retcon the thread and try to act like nobody ever talked about the possibility of homelander being depowered and having to temporarily deal with the ramifications of being a mere mortal? is this a part of starlight's fake news onslaught to gaglight the patriotic posters in this noble thread??

lol. i'm not pretending the thread never discussed it. i just think it was a dumb thing for everyone to get excited and talk about and all that.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Durzel posted:

Frenchie and Kimiko’s arc about going off to live a happy life just petered out to nothing, a big ol’ reset back to keep them both on the show.

Not at all. They wanted to leave because that was the only way they could see to take control of their lives. Kimiko choosing to get her powers back and Frenchi standing up to Butcher puts them in a place where they know they're doing this because they choose to, and that if they decide they do want to walk they have the power to do so at any time.

Having the final fight take place in the TV studio made me convinced that it was going to end up on the air, especially considering the previous events of the season.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 8, 2022

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It would’ve been more interesting if his son got depowered instead. All his talk about supes being the master race combined with him telling his son he’ll love him no matter what seems like the perfect setup to test that relationship.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Was really expecting Ashley to get her helicopter blasted out of the sky.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I'm glad the Maeve clone got a happy ending with Elena.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Morrow posted:

Black Noir lives in our hearts, in Vought merchandising, and in the C-tier supe they got to put on his suit.

https://i.imgur.com/q41jfC1.mp4

ruddiger posted:

It would’ve been more interesting if his son got depowered instead. All his talk about supes being the master race combined with him telling his son he’ll love him no matter what seems like the perfect setup to test that relationship.

Dang, now I'm sad they didn't go with this. lol Homelander would've kicked that dirty mudblood normie out of Vought Tower so fast.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Morrow posted:

The Deep is going to ask Homelander if he can become the new Black Noir

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ruddiger posted:

think i know how that one ends

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Alrighty

I enjoyed the episode, I get what people are going on about how everything is kinda back to how it was but in so many ways it's not, things have changed. We're likely to see some big time consequences next season.

First, Ashley. How much does she do out of fear or out of a need for power. Probably a bit of both, but she's still human, taking off that wig was hard on her. Later on we saw her looking visibly distressed when Maeve was getting gassed, yeah, she ordered it. She likely didn't think she had a choice, she did keep Maeve alive to be shipped
elsewhere, Homelander might have killed Maeve straight out. Plus that ending with deleting the footage of Maeve makes me before the end, Ashley is going to be defiant to Homelander once pushed too far. She'll probably die, but she's likely to tell him how much bs he's put everyone through. Then get lasered.

Ryan, yeah okay, when I first saw the ending I was baffled why he began to smile after someone just had their head lasered off. Upon reflection, you can kinda see why. He found a father, who turned out to be a bad guy, which lead to his mothers' death. Butcher shows up, says he's never going to leave him, and then later shows up again and tells the kid off. That's going to gently caress up a kid with everything he's dealing with, especially again due to what happened with his mother. He's being kept away from other people, has no real family except a crazy dad, and the one guy who Ryan had faith in betrayed him. Now all of a sudden up shows dad again, tells Ryan he's forgiven and did nothing wrong, takes him and flies off, allowing Ryan to be free for the first time in his life. More importantly, he's going to fight and protect Ryan ie: lasering a guy's head off. Despite the absolute hosed up situation, Ryan has someone that loves him. Supports him. Tells him what he needs to hear. Gives Ryan what he wants. Acceptance. No fear, no hating him for what he is. Is it any wonder he's happy?

Homelander, some people say his fight wasn't anything great, but I believe it showed how strong he really is. He could take the best Maeve gave, even though he didn't want to fight her and repeatedly tried to get her to stop. It takes everyone to pretty much give them a chance, and without SB's de powering beam, what hope is there? There's also the fact mentally he was dealing with rejection once more. He wants family, he wants to be loved, praised and told he's doing a good job. Now comes along dear old dad who he didn't know existed, and what's more, he was the previous greatest hero of all time. There's all this footage of SB out there saving people, helping them, being applauded for it. Everything, Homelander wants himself, and now he has a father who is this amazing person. Only not. Soldier Boy tears him down emotionally and mentally and then tries to kill him. SB even attacks Homelanders son. That's going to gently caress you up and Homelanders already ten kinds of hosed up. He does manage to keep it together some, actually leaves The Boys unharmed. But more importantly, now he has Ryan and much as Butcher had done to him at one point now he walks off with Ryan causing the same pain that was once caused to him.

Starlight. She powers up for the spirit bomb annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd knocks down Soldier Boy for a moment. Yay? Not much of a Goku, more a Yamcha.

I'm extremely curious to see what happens next season. Homelander killed someone openly, he's got people cheering him for it. Supporting and taking his side. There will be others who do so as well, but who? And will it be more than just every day people? I'm going to bet so. Especially since we know who's running for president and VP.
Even if Homelander kills someone openly for little to no reason, what the hell do you against him? Who can stop him? Who would even try. He'll probably get out of it due to some crazy take on Stand my Ground law or something akin to that. Maybe it'll even be said the guy had a shoe bomb that didn't detonate. Either way I'm sure he'll keep on going as he always has with his actions being portrayed as justified. That and his more radical supporters will gather and build until......until..........what. I mean if Homelander is Trump........

Guessing we'll see a new Black Noir next season to pretend he's the original, or maybe they'll go with all new heroes. Who can say.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

NutritiousSnack posted:

MM has to lay three towels down on the bed first, insists on wearing mormon pajamas to stay clean, and freaks out if he feels anything wet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

NutritiousSnack posted:

Janine wanted the complete opposite of MM in every way.

Maybe she just gets off on her (justified) indignation.