Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Tibia Mariner is doing his best OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I love boat ghost

Boat ghost is just chillin' there and we go disturb his peaceful afterlife just to feed an rear end in a top hat.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Died a couple times on Rennala on my caster until I remembered that Rock Sling exists. Nothing stops a barrage of rocks.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I'm finishing up a video project about Elden Ring and just yesterday, with over 200 hours in the game, I discovered another place I hadn't been:

It's the room in the Haligtree Tree House village where you get the Viridian Medallion +2, it's like a little office/study tucked underneath the summoning snails. In my numerous trips through Haligtree, I just always hoofed it past the snails and never turned around to see you could jump beneath them.

Also, whizzing my free cam around, I found an interesting carving texture on the verrrrry top of the tall walls in the Grand Cloister in the Lake of Rot, a place you really can't make out from even the site of grace there. It's just a simple carving depicting people around a shape or tree or something, and there's a spooky ghostly smear beneath it.

I continue to be amazed at how much detail is crammed into places you would never notice or look unless you're a crazy person like me. I'm not sure that texture appears anywhere else in the game!

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

After going back and forth deciding how I want to do NG+, I decided two-hand wakizahi with carian grandeur. Tiny sword man!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Having a ton of fun on ng+ converting my str/faith buffer into a hybrid bleed build with the chain link flail and bloodflame blade. Game owns, no notes.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

That Dang Dad posted:

I'm not sure that texture appears anywhere else in the game!

Looks like an enlarged version of the carvings you can find on the tablets in Mohgwyns boss room. I wouldn't be surprised if the walls are just those made 1500x bigger.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Apparently the drop from S to A on the Giant Crusher between going Heavy and Bleed is only a loss of 7 AR, but it gains 120 bleed. Once I go back to my caveman to wrap up NG+2 I may try switching it out lol. Like 2300 damage and 240 bleed buildup per jump attack? Good god

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
What’s the easiest way to beat Radagon + Elden Beast? I’m just losing steam on this game (great as it is) and want to finish it off before moving on to something new for a while. Have gotten Elden Beast to half a couple times now and don’t really feel like spending another 4 hours trying.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Lawdog69 posted:

What’s the easiest way to beat Radagon + Elden Beast? I’m just losing steam on this game (great as it is) and want to finish it off before moving on to something new for a while. Have gotten Elden Beast to half a couple times now and don’t really feel like spending another 4 hours trying.

Black Knife Tiche +10, probably assisted by some black flame incantations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lawdog69 posted:

get yourself the pest threads incantation sounds like the fastest no brain way. any weapon art/spell that hits a huge amount of times on big hitboxes will do in a pinch but the elden beast's got decent resistances to most damage types (i pulled it off with wing of astel's nebula but it took a few tries)

Paracelsus posted:

Black Knife Tiche +10, probably assisted by some black flame incantations.

she did fine against radagon i guess but i found her pretty useless during the elden beast part tbh (and even radagon did a fairly good job of kicking her poo poo in where most bosses would fail, her iframe dodge rolls won't save her from his floor aoes)

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 8, 2022

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Lawdog69 posted:

Whatever works against Radahn just play it clean - for me that meant my usual dual wield curved swords jump attack bullshit specced into arcane.

For Elden Beast, I swapped to a seal, and just started casting Pest Threads from right behind him. Also I swapped my armor for the highest holy resistance set I could build with a holy resist talisman, etc etc. total clown suit but who cares it worked.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

k screw pickaxe the rusted anchor is my friend for now

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Barreft posted:

I see you are a man of culture

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Alienwarez posted:

Who is a good youtuber or streamer to watch play through the game for the first time? I just finished my 150 hour first playthrough (Giant Crusher smash!) and want to watch someone else play through. I did watch Saint Riot's run already and enjoyed that.
I've only watched the youtube highlights rather than the twitch stream but I enjoyed watching RTGame's progress https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLliBvQE3gg9cQ1T6AdBWsGbCfX7w7RthQ

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Barreft posted:

Those two weapons are powerstance compatible btw

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

Lawdog69 posted:

the most helpful thing I found was to stack holy resistance equipment and keep a holyproof dried liver buff continually applied. I also looked up their damage resistances, physical damage is the best approach for both

for Radagon, a +10 mimic worked to distract him, so I could wail on him without taking much damage in return. that meant I got to Elden Beast without using many flasks. I liked the Radagon half of the fight, it was mostly fair and learnable

I thought the Elden Beast kind of sucked for reasons already discussed in this thread. with enough holy damage resistance and flasks I was able to beat him down with swords though

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Flytrap posted:

Those two weapons are powerstance compatible btw

Oh yeah I'm powerstancing the fucker.

desshar
Jun 4, 2011
I finally beat elden ring. In some ways, this game is amazing to me. They really made dark souls feel open world. There's so much to do and each area feels like it has a good amount of detail. Ranni's side quest was my favorite part, which is a shame that the others were you typical dark souls affair. I also don't know how to feel about the bosses overall. They feel a bit much at times. The elden beast is a weird boss to end things on and the ending felt very :effort:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

desshar posted:

the ending felt very :effort:

That's FROM, baby

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Give me a tibia mariner summon to ferry me around after this big golden waterhorse.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
In the DLC we're going to fight another Tibia Mariner, but this one's got an albatross baby deathbird around his neck.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

desshar posted:

I finally beat elden ring. In some ways, this game is amazing to me. They really made dark souls feel open world. There's so much to do and each area feels like it has a good amount of detail. Ranni's side quest was my favorite part, which is a shame that the others were you typical dark souls affair. I also don't know how to feel about the bosses overall. They feel a bit much at times. The elden beast is a weird boss to end things on and the ending felt very :effort:

Time to play another build

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

desshar posted:

The real Elden Ring starts now!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Elden Beast absolutely knocks points off the game. Terrible boss

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I, too, hate absolutely gorgeous spectacle.

0/10 returning it to GameStop with an angry letter forthcoming

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so I'm doing my 4th playthrough of the game, finally trying out mage, and I'm having a bit of a problem: the moonveil is just too good. I know this is pretty well known, but it seems like it just outclasses all my spells, in almost every situation. I'm about halfway through now, doing leyndall + rannis quest, and my spells just feel really piddly next to its weapon art. I know I could just not use it, but I don't want to intentionally gimp myself. I already had a run like that that was fun, but eventually became very frustrating.

when do the good spells come up? I've basically been using carian slicer (outclassed by moonveil, even with the staff buffing it), pebble, and rock throw. I think I read that these three are as good as it gets, which is kind of sad. Any advice?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mirello posted:

so I'm doing my 4th playthrough of the game, finally trying out mage, and I'm having a bit of a problem: the moonveil is just too good. I know this is pretty well known, but it seems like it just outclasses all my spells, in almost every situation. I'm about halfway through now, doing leyndall + rannis quest, and my spells just feel really piddly next to its weapon art. I know I could just not use it, but I don't want to intentionally gimp myself. I already had a run like that that was fun, but eventually became very frustrating.

when do the good spells come up? I've basically been using carian slicer (outclassed by moonveil, even with the staff buffing it), pebble, and rock throw. I think I read that these three are as good as it gets, which is kind of sad. Any advice?

Those three are pretty much the best all situation spells. Moonveil is indeed disgustingly good. That doesn't mean those spells are bad though. They're still very good.

The big nuke spells are fun as well, albeit situational. Ranni's Moon and Comet Azzur are fun spells to use when you can get them off.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Comet azur with the unlimited fp flask can be almost as good as 'giant rock on a stick with its best friend different giant rock on a different stick.' Rock toss is a good way to get that opening too.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know that comet azur is the meme spell but honestly i've gotten better rate of return on meteorite of astel with the same setup, the spread actually means you hit better if the enemy takes one step to the left or right

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Is there a good Dooter build guide out there? If I wanted to do an NG+ run in Oracle cosplay with bubble horns, which if the three sizes is the most effective weapon? What else should I be getting to doot as much and as well as possible

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Chevy Slyme posted:

Is there a good Dooter build guide out there? If I wanted to do an NG+ run in Oracle cosplay with bubble horns, which if the three sizes is the most effective weapon? What else should I be getting to doot as much and as well as possible

Medium Doot, Doot Hat, super high FAI/STR

FP talisman, incant talisman, Shard of Al, extra slot

Seal + incants you like

Note: get two medium doots for powerstancing doot hammers moveset

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 9, 2022

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

The Anime Liker posted:

I too interpret "knocks points off" as "is 0/10".

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

That Dang Dad posted:

I too interpret "knocks points off" as "is 0/10".

knocking 10 points off counts

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Anime Liker posted:

Medium Doot, Doot Hat, super high FAI/STR

FP talisman, incant talisman, Shard of Al, extra slot

Seal + incants you like

Note: get two medium doots for powerstancing doot hammers moveset

Hell yeah. Gonna be a while before I get to the Capitol to grab second dooter but I’m doing it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lawdog69 posted:

I don't know what you play as nor if this is easier, but I bounced aggro between me and mimic buddy with ranni moons then chugged my gently caress you potion and spammed spirals up beast rear end. Very, VERY satisfying end imo... Because I live with my wife Ranni in space and used her murder-moon to get there thus proving my loyalty as consort.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Anime Liker posted:

Its really loving cool looking.

But its a poo poo rear end boss. Hell its not even the coolest boss fight in the game!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ZeusCannon posted:

Its really loving cool looking.

But its a poo poo rear end boss. Hell its not even the coolest boss fight in the game!

Prettiest definitely go to EB and Renalla who are both also very lame wimps.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Fun fact about the Subterranean Madness platforming puzzle: if you overshot your jump but quickly fire off one of the dragon communion incantations, you'll stop mid-air and then land straight down.

Easy as balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you can also just jump and land where you want to