Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I will go inform one of the main recognized experts on american neonazis that she is naive about the dangers of platforming neonazis.

Her feeling seems to be that he's actually too unstable to be effective in any way and is liable to be a shitshow (or more likely a sideshow) and counterproductive to whatever goal he'd turn up with. Also almost certainly a liability to any goals of the committee.

'yes please' appears to be because she thinks it would be entertaining, not something that is good that should happen or has almost any chance of actually happening

Yeah the amount of seriousness this hearing has managed to maintain so far without a bunch of jackanaping Republican gadflies getting repeated turns to throw poo poo at the wall and hoot like howler monkeys about qanon conspiracy theories or whatever the hell they go on about during regular hearings has not only been refreshing and made it seem like some politicians are actually the adults in the room, its helped the American people want to pay attention to what's going on with it because its not just 'both sides bad look at them argue with each other.' You bring this dipshit on to do his sideshow routine and all that gets blown out of the window. Not to mention dragging the guy offstage like its Showtime at the Apollo when he starts winding up will just bring charges of 'censorship' and 'they're afraid of what he was going to say he was going to reveal the REAL TRUTH OF WHAT HAPPENED' and its just not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I will go inform one of the main recognized experts on american neonazis that she is naive about the dangers of platforming neonazis.

I didn't know who she was, but you can say all of this poo poo instead of saying "durrrr read to the end".

I still don't know if I agree with that part of her tweet, but I will concede she probably knows better than I do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Tayter Swift posted:

He's apparently pled the fifth to the Committee so far.

But that's the rub, isn't it? In a way the live broadcasts aren't that much of a legal proceeding in that the Committee itself isn't gaining new information from it -- that's all been extracted well before the live hearings so they're legally redundant.
As they are so fond of pointing out, it's not a court room, so all associated legal norms are absent. If a witness misbehaves, will a bailiff muzzle them and forcibly drag them from the room? Will they be charged with contempt... of Congress, oooo scary when subpoenas are already being ignored.

As they're also fond of pointing out, "no one watches that anyway". If the viewership is an irrelevant crowd, then they have no message to share anyway.

It's the typical inconsistent nonsense, and they've watched too many court dramas and think that witnesses just take the stand without first being deposed.

I can't imagine anyone who would be brought in as a witness entirely off the cuff except perhaps Trump himself. (And he'd just 5th every question then ramble for another ten minutes)

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1545513926892339202

Someone may be spilling some tea.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Or he's stopping every fifteen minutes to consult with his cadre of lawyers before answering.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Not for nothing, but anyone who think that Donald Trump is going to be convicted of treason and sentenced to death needs to really rethink things, check themselves and take a look at how things really work in this lovely country.
I hope you've noticed I won't touch the Treason thing because I'd be shocked to see it. i could think of one reason to charge it but it's totally :tinfoil: - Like a prosecutor over-charging a crime and then getting no conviction because they didn't settle for a lesser charge that was a slam-dunk.

quote:

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Trump is charged with anything
Feel free to correct me but that is a substantial shift from your previous position in which you've disallowed any such possibility in stark language. I'm already the doe-eyed simpleton of your thread, BB. I'll hope for all of the rest of youze.

Every step I witness, little by little, is in the right direction. No steps back, yet.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
What's to stop the J6 committee from simply putting up some cameras, telling the Oath Keeper guy "alright you're totally being broadcast live on American TV right now" and letting him spill his guts, without actually streaming it anywhere? Do they have some kind of obligation not to lie to people? Do witnesses have some kind of legal right to be aired on NBC when they testify? If they aren't allowed to lie, can they not just say, "OK you're live" without mentioning it's only being streamed live privately?

Would it be more like a plea deal, like a written contract? Can't they just renege on a plea deal if they feel like it anyway? Who would judge whether that is acceptable in that case, since there's no actual "Judge"?

Forgive me but I have little to no idea what the actual procedural realities of a grand jury like this are.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Oracle posted:

Or he's stopping every fifteen minutes to consult with his cadre of lawyers before answering.

That’s fine. The more solid and careful his testimony is about avoiding things that could get it thrown out if introduced into a criminal trial the better.

This is Trumps government legal advisor, the guy whose office was responsible for telling him what he could and could not do legally, where the borders of his powers as president are.

If Pat Cipollone says, “I advised Mr. Trump that his actions would be criminal and outside his authority as president and then Mr. Trump performed that action, while acting in his personal capacity” then there is no more hemming and hawing about mens rea. He has full guilty knowledge.

“That letter is a murder suicide pact” certainly sounds like Cipollone had strong opinions on the legality of Trumps actions.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Haven't really kept up on the hearings yet.

Are there any proud boys going to jail?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

XboxPants posted:

What's to stop the J6 committee from simply putting up some cameras, telling the Oath Keeper guy "alright you're totally being broadcast live on American TV right now" and letting him spill his guts, without actually streaming it anywhere? Do they have some kind of obligation not to lie to people? Do witnesses have some kind of legal right to be aired on NBC when they testify? If they aren't allowed to lie, can they not just say, "OK you're live" without mentioning it's only being streamed live privately?

Would it be more like a plea deal, like a written contract? Can't they just renege on a plea deal if they feel like it anyway? Who would judge whether that is acceptable in that case, since there's no actual "Judge"?

Forgive me but I have little to no idea what the actual procedural realities of a grand jury like this are.

It’s not a grand jury, it’s a house committee and although there are probably rules I expect they can be pretty malleable if needed.

That said, letting Rhodes testify without a filter would be dumb. They don’t need his testimony unless it’s about his direct and personal communications with Meadows, Giuliani or Trump himself.

The asshats, Bannon, GinnyT, now Rhodes and the rest all pump up their chest and shout, “I’ll testify if I can do it live!” Which just means they don’t have anything useful to say, or they would say it. They think their going to be Tom Cruise in the courtroom and get the mean old unselects to break down and shoot how they were actually old man withers under that mask all along and it’s all a false flag! Gotcha.

Let’s not waste everyone’s time by platforming shitheads.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

That has nothing to do with the hearings and yes, lots of them are currently in prison awaiting trial. Their leader is under indictment for seditious conspiracy and twiddling his thumbs in prison, held without bail, as we speak.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yes. Also Oath Keepers. Many of them have predictably taken cooperating agreement pleas.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Murgos posted:

That has nothing to do with the hearings and yes, lots of them are currently in prison awaiting trial. Their leader is under indictment for seditious conspiracy and twiddling his thumbs in prison, held without bail, as we speak.

Honest question: why haven't the Proud Boys as a whole been flagged as a terrorist organization by the Fed?

There seems no reason to let them keep wandering around harassing Philadelphia and Portland and storming Drag Queen book readings.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 9, 2022

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Murgos posted:

Lol, you mean the shaman? I saw the interview he did with all gas no breaks (now channel 5). Was pretty interesting. He's a total spaz.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Lol, you mean the shaman? I saw the interview he did with all gas no breaks (now channel 5). Was pretty interesting. He's a total spaz.

No, Q-shaman is a nobody. Stewart Rhodes is the Oath Keeper leader.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

No. Very different guy.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Tayter Swift posted:

He's apparently pled the fifth to the Committee so far.

But that's the rub, isn't it? In a way the live broadcasts aren't that much of a legal proceeding in that the Committee itself isn't gaining new information from it -- that's all been extracted well before the live hearings so they're legally redundant. Their impact is in disseminating information to the public, goading others into testifying, and if witnesses decide to perjure themselves live then that's just great.

But they have though. And they keep scheduling new poo poo based on the things they're uncovering.

I'm not sure why you'd say that they're not uncovering anything new. They've postponed and rescheduled more than a few hearings based on new info coming out, no?

Just one example: the documentary film that no one had seen prior. A lot of it is new to me anyway and I watched 1/6 unfold on live streams without any sort of media filters. Can you elaborate?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 9, 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also the effect of nationally televising Hutchinson's testimony was a non-trivial influence on Matthews' decision to do the same.

People can try to claim simultaneously that "it shouldn't be political" and "surely we have enough to indict them all now", but neither of those statements is true.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cross posting because holy poo poo, relevant.

How long till we know what he said? :munch:

It's True, All of It

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...th-jan-6-panel/

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bannons-lawyer-asks-withdraw-case-filing-2022-07-08/

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1545462793473871873

When your entire group is part of something, it makes it a little hard to do outside things.

"His lawyer Robert Costello, in the court filing on Friday, said he served as "Bannon’s sole basis of information about the facts and the law concerning this matter" and that while he could serve as his attorney before the trial it appeared less clear that he could represent Bannon once proceedings began.

"Since it appears there will be a trial, and since it appears that at this point in time I might be called as a witness, I must reluctantly ask the Court to grant my request" asking to withdraw as trial counsel, Robert Costello wrote in a filing with the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia."

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

BiggerBoat posted:

But they have though. And they keep scheduling new poo poo based on the things they're uncovering.

I'm not sure why you'd say that they're not uncovering anything new. They've postponed and rescheduled more than a few hearings based on new info coming out, no?

Just one example: the documentary film that no one had seen prior. A lot of it is new to me anyway and I watched 1/6 unfold on live streams without any sort of media filters. Can you elaborate?

Unless I’m misreading, they’re talking about the hearings in specific, which are just a publicized form of the findings of the investigation. None of the hearings are new to the investigative committee and they’re the ones finding things beforehand.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Enrique Tarrio is the Proud Boys head and he’s been in jail since March 8.

Stewart Rhodes is the Oath Keepers head and he’s been in jail since February.

Neither of them have come to trial yet and both face 20 year sentences along with a host of lesser charges.

The Qanon shaman guy is just a moron and not really of any greater interest.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Honest question: why haven't the Proud Boys as a whole been flagged as a terrorist organization by the Fed?

There seems no reason to let them keep wandering around harassing Philadelphia and Portland and storming Drag Queen book readings.

Because Republicans don't want to destroy their own foot soldiers, just hang a few out to dry so they can pretend there is a distance between them.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

I hope you've noticed I won't touch the Treason thing because I'd be shocked to see it. i could think of one reason to charge it but it's totally :tinfoil: - Like a prosecutor over-charging a crime and then getting no conviction because they didn't settle for a lesser charge that was a slam-dunk.

Feel free to correct me but that is a substantial shift from your previous position in which you've disallowed any such possibility in stark language. I'm already the doe-eyed simpleton of your thread, BB. I'll hope for all of the rest of youze.

Every step I witness, little by little, is in the right direction. No steps back, yet.

No, you're good man. Not sure what you mean by the bolded part though. I've been pretty consistent I think with my assertions that 1/6 is a HUGE deal and that mocking it is a mistake but that I seriously doubt anyone of any importance will suffer or be punished for it. What do you mean when you say I made a substantial shift?

I'm not saying the motherfucker isn't guilty of treason or didn't commit it. He is and he did. It's as plain as day and in a functioning democracy with a capable government and half a populace that doesn't get that doesn't get all their information from FOX, talk radio and Facebook shares, along with a Democratic Party with anything resembling a spine, Donald Trump would be charged with several things and would basically be laughed out of the room as the piece of poo poo he is, let alone considered as a candidate for the highest office in the land. For that matter, so would Joe Biden but here we are.

We live in a land of idiots, many of whom are gradually and increasingly infiltrating our government and certainly law enforcement. People who were raised on Rush Limbaugh's bullshit and listen to the AM dial 10 hours a day and nothing else. They've come of age and honestly think elections are rigged and democrats dink the blood of the unborn. They're hatched out of some horrible grotesque egg incubated with american flags, guns and bibles that turns their brains into raisins filled with anger that they barely understand. And, worse, the only other viable political party with the power to stomp them out has proven time and time again that they're ineffectual at best, complicit at worst and can also lay claim to having their fair share of abject morons in their camp with terrible ideas as well.

The hearings have been a refreshing change of pace though, even though the majority of Americans are either too busy or too detached to really absorb it or pay attention. It's amazing how by simply removing RWM talking points and conspiracy theories from the room that poo poo up the discourse and allowing the adults to speak for a change lays the truth bare for anyone to see if they simply want to look.

But I'm skeptical that there will be any real consequences for the powerful people who initiated 1/6, I suspect they will do it again and I'd lay good money that Trump will still get a second horrible term because the best we can counter with is Joe motherfucking Biden and the gang of milquetoast "liberals" that is the DNC.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Goddamnit please stop using the word "treason", it's literally impossible to apply to any current human, as has been made clear as nauseam.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

mdemone posted:

Goddamnit please stop using the word "treason", it's literally impossible to apply to any current human, as has been made clear as nauseam.

Seems it applies quite well we just don't have a functioning justice system.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

TulliusCicero posted:

Honest answer. There's no way to designate a domestic terrorist organization. The State Department keeps a lost of foreign terrorist organizations, but there's no similar list for domestic organizations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

mdemone posted:

Trump absolutely committed treason. He levied an army and sought to overthrow the government of the United States and end constitutional rule.

I could give a poo poo that you’re upset he won’t be charged or found guilty of it in court. Doesn’t mean he didn’t do it.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

What do you mean when you say I made a substantial shift?
Only that this is the first time you've allowed even a hypothetical mattering, even a tiny inconsequential one. That, to me, is big.
And you're 100% on the up-and-up, you're a straight shooter, a better man with a sharp mind and a loving, caring heart. And you're one of my favorite posters.
So I noticed when you allowed that tiny bit. I totally get it's too early for you to hope but if things go the way I suspect they are going, you'll eventually experience the same epiphany of hope I had back when Eastman tried to exert privilege over documents that included hand-written notes from Donald Trump, knowing what a bombshell that would be. That was the moment I first saw the tiniest crack in the "nothing matters" bunker.
I didn't mean anything more or anything less, and certainly never thought you had even the remotest respect for or even ambivalence toward the GOP, or the fash.
You're good people and I desperately want to be right about just this one thing, so you and everyone else can see Trump pay. Along with me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Murgos posted:

Trump absolutely committed treason. He levied an army and sought to overthrow the government of the United States and end constitutional rule.

I could give a poo poo that you’re upset he won’t be charged or found guilty of it in court. Doesn’t mean he didn’t do it.

loving obviously he did it.

We are angrily agreeing with each other, it's just another is/ought thing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Well, hell. That was a really nice post and very kind of you to say. I appreciate it.

Thanks for clarifying.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

I mean the public, live on C-SPAN would not be revealing any new information to the J6 committee, because they learned it weeks or months ago behind closed doors. The public sessions are to inform, well, the public, via carefully drawn up questions which leave no wiggle room, not least because they have the tapes from when witnessses were questioned earlier.

Whatever information they are going to get from Pat, they learned it today during today’s 8+ hour chat. We’ll get the good poo poo later in the public hearing.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Armpit-farters.

Stewart Rhodes' OathKeeper Bruder Edward Vallejo wants out of jail, but he's charged with seditious conspiracy. So he's the source of the texts in this article:

quote:

Oath Keepers discussed protecting Rep. Ronny Jackson on January 6, texts reveal
Members of the Oath Keepers discussed protecting Rep. Ronny Jackson, a Texas Republican, during the Capitol riot because he had “critical data to protect,” according to court documents filed Monday.

“Dr. Ronnie Jackson - on the move,” one person wrote in an Oath Keepers group message during the attack on January 6, 2021. “Needs protection. If anyone inside cover him. He has critical data to protect.”

“Give him my cell,” Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes, who faces five federal charges, responded.

The message exchange – which did not elaborate on what the alleged “critical data” contained – was among hundreds of pages of newly released text messages and other communications among the right-wing extremist group’s leaders made public by seditious conspiracy defendant Edward Vallejo, who is seeking to be released from jail.

Vallejo’s criminal defense team has received many of the communications logs from the Justice Department as part of prosecutors’ legal obligations to share evidence with him before a trial.

Jackson has denied ever being in touch with the group. The freshman congressman says he stayed during the attack to protect the House floor.

“Like many public figures, Rep. Jackson is frequently talked about by people he does not know,” a spokesperson for Jackson told CNN iin a statement. “He does not know nor has he ever spoken to the people in question. In fact, he stayed behind with Capitol Police to help defend the House Floor and was one of the last Members to be evacuated.”

Republican members of Congress have previously been accused of having ties to rioters, though of the rioters charged, none has been directly connected to lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

In the weeks following the attack, Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen of Tennessee claimed he had seen freshman Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado giving a Capitol tour in the days leading up to the attack but stopped short of suggesting that group had played a role in the riot. In response, Boebert said she had “never given a tour of the U.S. Capitol to any outside group,” adding that she had brought members of her family to the Capitol on January 2-3 to commemorate when she was sworn in.

A House select committee that’s conducting a fact-finding investigation about January 6 separate from the Justice Department’s probe has said it wanted information from Republican lawmakers including Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania and Kevin McCarthy of California, the House minority leader. They were asked to provide information voluntarily and have not.

The court document lays out how members of the Oath Keepers were looking forward to offering security for Roger Stone and other far-right figures on the National Mall on January 6 and their plans to bring firearms, medical supplies and other equipment like surgical masks to DC “just in case the pepper spray starts to fly!”

The messages show how leaders of the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys communicated after Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio’s arrest in the days before the riot. Prosecutors had previously revealed texts from Oath Keeper Kelly Meggs in which he mentioned having made “contact” with Proud Boys and the possibility of using them as a “force multiplier” on January 6.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dr. Faustus posted:

Armpit-farters.

Stewart Rhodes' OathKeeper Bruder Edward Vallejo wants out of jail, but he's charged with seditious conspiracy. So he's the source of the texts in this article:

:lol:

Wait the Drunk Navy Doctor/ Texas Rep is wrapped up in this?

Holy poo poo :allears:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

Wait the Drunk Navy Doctor/ Texas Rep is wrapped up in this?

Holy poo poo :allears:

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

(earlier page of this thread) (Supreme Court said:)

In treason, all are principals
:commissar:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
truly 1/6 was a who's who of all the biggest idiots with the least sense of self preservation

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Fwiw, I'm not trying to convince you to TOXX that Trump will be convicted of treason

I'm not willing to toxx that he'll be convicted for his treason.

I'm saying Trump would be weakened if every one of us wrote an impassioned "letter to the editor" of our respective local papers arguing that he ought to be put to death. I'm saying Trump might actually start to be afraid, if there were people on busy street corners flying signs calling for trumps execution.

And I think it'd be cool if he were so weakened.

Also, how cool is it that I can publicly call for trump - once a potus - to be murdered (and yeah, when the state employs the death penalty they - we - are murdering someone) without having two serious men in suits show up at my house in a black sedan?

/flex/ that poo poo, boo

Trump should die.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 10, 2022

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Uh yeah dude they monitor poo poo against former presidents too. Probably moreso now in the wake of Abe.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
tldr: How many people realized they hosed up only when calls for hanging (the vp) started?

That (stuff in the last few pages) made me consider a slightly separate question about this whole affair: For how many US citizens was/is the call to "Hang Mike Pence" sufficient to push this from nothingburger to "oops, I voted for this scumbag?"?

I ponder some (expletives deleted) middle American watching events unfold, perhaps with a half smile on their face because "they had BLM, we get this!" and then a gallows appears with the Capitol in focus on the background, to shouts for hanging the vice president of the United States. I'd really like to believe that was the chasm that caused them to stop, stare at their televisions, blink, then become scared with the realization that their views, votes, and ideas were tantamount to anarchy and philosophical treason, that nothing in their lives would have value or remain 'sacred' if their loudly avowed beliefs were carried to their publicized conclusion.

In this forum I've noted feeling like I was "talked into sedition" (by the media?) until a hearing a few weeks back when I became convinced that actions clearly met the definitions of treason, which is not the same as charging for treason, or attempting that charge, or dealing with the minimum and maximum penalties thereof. With the loud proclamations above, however, I wondered about "the other side". The message had been "stop the steal". How many people first realized they goofed only when calls to hang the vp started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

tldr: How many people realized they hosed up only when calls for hanging (the vp) started?

That (stuff in the last few pages) made me consider a slightly separate question about this whole affair: For how many US citizens was/is the call to "Hang Mike Pence" sufficient to push this from nothingburger to "oops, I voted for this scumbag?"?

I ponder some (expletives deleted) middle American watching events unfold, perhaps with a half smile on their face because "they had BLM, we get this!" and then a gallows appears with the Capitol in focus on the background, to shouts for hanging the vice president of the United States. I'd really like to believe that was the chasm that caused them to stop, stare at their televisions, blink, then become scared with the realization that their views, votes, and ideas were tantamount to anarchy and philosophical treason, that nothing in their lives would have value or remain 'sacred' if their loudly avowed beliefs were carried to their publicized conclusion.

In this forum I've noted feeling like I was "talked into sedition" (by the media?) until a hearing a few weeks back when I became convinced that actions clearly met the definitions of treason, which is not the same as charging for treason, or attempting that charge, or dealing with the minimum and maximum penalties thereof. With the loud proclamations above, however, I wondered about "the other side". The message had been "stop the steal". How many people first realized they goofed only when calls to hang the vp started?

I assure you, any moment of lucidity was merely temporary until a few days of Fox News soothed most of these people's guilt over.