Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tweak posted:

was it pulled because it was supposed to be a puff piece? Or are they pulling it because they didnt touch any of these allegations

WWE supposedly had the right to approve the final cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

yes

wait

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yes! yes! yes!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
no.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

please reconsider

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i checked in on the latest on the wwe "stand up for wwe" website and here is the latest update:

quote:

WWE continues to set the record straight regarding its programming and storylines following a recent blog post by Colin McEnroe of the Hartford Courant. ( READ THE BLOG) It is clear, based on Mr. McEnroe’s latest blog post, that he does not understand WWE’s programming. Like Hollywood movies and Broadway shows, it is an exciting blend of action, characters and fictional storylines of good versus evil that entertains millions weekly. His assertion that the Eugene character was “essentially a comic device” is inaccurate and lacks total perspective.

the blog:

quote:

Meet Eugene.

Eugene is a mentally retarded WWE character who is, unmistakably, played for laughs. In the link above, we see him strolling a stadium corner, ogling a skin mag and sporting a huge “my name is Eugene” name tag. He walks into the women’s locker room and “hilarity” ensues. Entirely at his expense. In its latest “how dare you” letter to a Connecticut newspaper, the WWE argues that Eugene is an underdog who repeatedly triumphs. Maybe. That does not change the fact that his mental retardation is essentially a comic device.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Take that Colin McEnroe of the Hartford Courant

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Now that’s the kind of hard hitting journalism I like to see

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I do wonder if the end game WWE might try and go for is Stephanie as full time CEO and Vince in charge of creative. That way they can say they made a change and solved the issue but also Vince would still be running the company. Lose lose for everyone

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m sending an email to Mr. McEnroe about his liberal use of the R slur

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Granted I almost never watched WWE during this period but WWE Magazine was crazier than I knew.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1545483080911261699

"Jeff Hardy on Second Chances." Hmm.

"Jerry Lawler's Most Shameful Moments Exposed." Yeah, I'm not so sure about that one, chief.

Oh, and the "Sickest Finishers Ever" poster is illustrated with a photo of Hogan doing the legdrop?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It shattered Hogan's hips. I'd say that's pretty sick.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1545554979141844993

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that music is incredible

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

And it STUNK!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Can I just say I grew up with Trips as one of my favorite wrestlers based at least somewhat on his hair? He had the most beautiful hair I've ever seen and I wanted mine to be just like it. (it never happened)

He just isn't the same anymore without it.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

mark my words: vince will leave, wwe will go through a financial and scandal spiral and end up eventually working with other companies like NJPW and AEW in an attempt to stay relevant

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

more like osaka pro and gcw!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1545553467699249152

https://twitter.com/msaracen/status/1545553946827186178

on a lighter note, Bill Simmons is having a bad day over this

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i swear to god there was a vince HBO biopic planned at one point

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Set in the middle of the steroid trial, if I remember right.

I'm kinda sad we're probably not going to see that, 'cos holy poo poo can you imagine?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dave please release your Vince bio, its time dont hold anything back.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Havoc904 posted:

And it STUNK!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Remember when Bill Simmons used an Andre the Giant documentary as a way to try to redeem Hulk Hogan?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

bartok posted:

Remember when Bill Simmons used an Andre the Giant documentary as a way to try to redeem Hulk Hogan?

One of the funniest comments I've read on these forums (or I think it was at least) described Hogan as boogieboarding back into everyone's good graces using Mean Gene's corpse on his tribute show

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

remember sailor

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope somehow from all this Vince takes out Bill Simmons along with him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That DICK! posted:

A Steroid Trial series was announced to be produced by Blumhouse TV but no network was ever announced to my knowledge.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The script for a Vince biopic that Bix got a copy of sounded really really crazy.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
HBO prestige remake of Mr McMahon’s rear end

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So lemme get this straight.

WWE advertised Sheamus vs. McIntyre, winner gets a title shot at the UK PPV as the main event of SmackDown tonight. Then right before the main event, they just bailed on that match and did Dunne vs. McIntyre instead. And McIntyre won in 90 seconds.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MJeff posted:

WWE advertised Sheamus vs. McIntyre, winner gets a title shot at the UK PPV as the main event of SmackDown tonight. Then right before the main event, they just bailed on that match and did Dunne vs. McIntyre instead. And McIntyre won in 90 seconds.

Yea man, it is a money laundering front, stop going here for breakfast

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Does JoJolion count

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

A yeS-tier loop

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MJeff posted:

Sure. Sounds like something they'd do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

That's a lot of wrestling in a 2-hour show. What on earth?