Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Treasure your first time corps-a-corpsing/displacementing directly into an AOE death too. Everyone will do it at least once.

First thing I did after unlocking RDM was trials DR into Titan where I immediately backflipped off the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Qwertycoatl posted:

The spoiler thread on EW release was an endlessly cycling argument about who among the major characters and the writers were right or wrong about various actions and philosophical positions. Every time someone finished the MSQ they joined in and it went back to the start.

And the best part is that it was still 100x times better than the OF!

(Do not look into the official forums, I'm pretty sure it's an eldritch abomination in the form of a forum)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my favorite was backflipping off a cliff in pagos and losing a level

when i did BA i straight up removed it from my hotbar

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My first backflip mistake was leaping off the Atomos platform in WoD, which was really the gentlest possible option while still being really stupid

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Yesterday at level 83 RDM is when I realized I should use AoE Spell + Scatter/Impact instead of exclusively using AoE Spells to raise the mana type I wanted and only using Scatter/Impact when Acceleration was up.

Tooltips should be read often, I suppose.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

At least you were using *some* aoe. Had a single target only RDM in roulette yesterday

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Vargs posted:

First thing I did after unlocking RDM was trials DR into Titan where I immediately backflipped off the edge.

The worst part of doing Titan as RDM is, you will inevitably backflip off the edge of the platform.

The best part of doing Titan as RDM is, if you're paying attention, hitting Corps-a-Corps at the right time will save you from the shockwave knocking you off the platform.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The spoiler thread is slightly better than the OF and that's not saying much

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Runa posted:

The spoiler thread is slightly better than the OF and that's not saying much

??? It's a great thread if you have a question about something esoteric or obscure. It hasn't even had an honest to god fight since EW release

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

??? It's a great thread if you have a question about something esoteric or obscure. It hasn't even had an honest to god fight since EW release

That's actually about when I checked out if it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the spoiler thread is a great place to learn which forums posters ideas of media literacy came from steven universe criticism blogs on tumblr, and an okay place to ask about what an average kobold's diet is

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I won't let you trick me into going into the spoiler thread, what's wrong with you

oh, you post there, don't you

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the spoiler thread is the no holds barred cage match thread

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I pretty much only post in the spoiler thread and I've never seen the wild-rear end arguments you're all saying go on there.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The thread was pretty much unreadable right after endwalker dropped but is basically fine now

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

the spoiler thread is a great place to learn which forums posters ideas of media literacy came from steven universe criticism blogs on tumblr, and an okay place to ask about what an average kobold's diet is

Oh hey Endorph. Welcome back!

Cleretic posted:

I pretty much only post in the spoiler thread and I've never seen the wild-rear end arguments you're all saying go on there.

I was part of those arguments and they absolutely happened.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

So what was the consensus on kobold diet?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
rocks and gunpowder.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

cheetah7071 posted:

The thread was pretty much unreadable right after endwalker dropped but is basically fine now

See, that explains it. I took my time through Endwalker, so by the time I was done the hot takes had cooled off.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endwalker release spoiler thread was a cesspit that mated with a hellhole. The takes in there were only just barely better than OF takes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"the latrine smells like poo" isn't a reason to take a dump in the tent.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think a few people felt real deeply betrayed by the themes and story beats in Endwalker and I also think those people have at this point moved on to their future endeavors, in which the Warrior of Light Federation wish them well.

This cycle will probably repeat itself in FFXIV 7.0: Pay Pig Panic, in which the game goes full tilt Manderville.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Qwertycoatl posted:

The spoiler thread on EW release was an endlessly cycling argument about who among the major characters and the writers were right or wrong about various actions and philosophical positions. Every time someone finished the MSQ they joined in and it went back to the start.

I haven't finished ARR yet, but I feel like this Alphinaud kid has some good ideas! :v:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Dareon posted:

I haven't finished ARR yet, but I feel like this Alphinaud kid has some good ideas! :v:

He sure does!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Is Yda A Libertarian" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean Alphinaud does have a lot of good ideas, he just also has a lot of bad ones.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

He's 16, cut him some slack, it's not his fault that everyone around him should literally know better but refuses to tell him.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

"Is Yda A Libertarian" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate

I was running around and cleaning up some job quests and happened upon the MNK 80 quest. It was nice to see her again!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

He's 16, cut him some slack, it's not his fault that everyone around him should literally know better but refuses to tell him.

I will always love the cutscene in mid-3.0 where Alphinaud is like "I'll go with you to the Aery to fight Nidhogg!" and Estinien is like "you absolutely will not, you literal tiny child."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Cleretic posted:

:perfect:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Cleretic's lack of reading comprehension is so complete she does not even read her own posts. (I kid, you weren't even part of the big EW arguments if I recall correctly).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

look when some rich twerp shows up and start cutting checks with a whole lotta 0's at the end of each number you don't bother telling him no

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Looking through Logos, and I’m curious: is the Doom from using Sacrifice dispellable or otherwise able to be removed? Because otherwise it seems like it’s net-zero at best.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I did genuinely think Alphinaud was gonna be an early villain because he's so goddamn annoying.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There's definitely a (worse) version of the story where ARR Alphinaud gets mad that people aren't dancing on his strings like he wants them to and becomes the boss of a level 79 trial or whatever.

Instead we got the adventures of Alphinaud, world-class swimmer so there's still some good left in this sin-cursed reality.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Consummate Professional posted:

I did genuinely think Alphinaud was gonna be an early villain because he's so goddamn annoying.

as a sprout, the whole "yeah my sibling peaced the gently caress out around your level 40 and no i wont talk about it yet" thing is intriguing. I'm sure it'll wrap around.

On that note I was annoyed that when i subbed this week, the login screen video did minor spoilers on that but its fine its whatever

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Bruceski posted:

"the latrine smells like poo" isn't a reason to take a dump in the tent.
I'm writing this quip down for future use.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah unfortunately if you want to be as spoiler-free as possible you can't sit on the login screen for the intro video to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah unfortunately if you want to be as spoiler-free as possible you can't sit on the login screen for the intro video to play.

You also should stay out of this thread in general!