Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm going to be in Chicago when their live show is happening - does anyone know a good cinema to go to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
They're all nothing-special multiplexes, so I'd assume as someone visiting you'd likely want to get tickets at the River East which is the most easily accessible from downtown if you're staying there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1540432073000767489

That sounds delightful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is one of those murderous little kid movies where they mostly get away with it because of completely incompetent adults.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

It is one of those murderous little kid movies where they mostly get away with it because of completely incompetent adults.

Inspired by the popularity of... what, I guess The Good Son?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It actually came out before that. I think it was just trying to be a gimmick slasher where the killer is a little kid.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Fair warning that he kills a cat. If you're like me and don't really want that in your evening of entertainment, do what I did and jot down the timestamp so you can do a quick FF jump.

A handy resource for that sort of thing: https://www.doesthedogdie.com/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

To be fair it is really poorly done and you can barely tell it is supposed to be a dead cat.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Yeah but when you have PTSD from your years working as a vet tech, even badly done cat death is not something you want to be ambushed by. Kind of kills the mood.

This is why trigger warnings work. Rifftrax appropriately put the tag "Animal Harm" on the page on their site, which cued me to look it up (I actually talked to Casey June, their editor, to confirm they left that bit in).

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I bet that child actor had a blast filming that. Maybe it wouldn't be a good thing if he did....

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1541858976689598465

The answer may surprise you!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Bridget & Mary Jo -> Sold.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dawgstar posted:

Inspired by the popularity of... what, I guess The Good Son?

i think it's all fallout from Chucky

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
watching Leslie Neilson lose his mind during Day of the Animals was the quite the treat lmao

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

verbal enema posted:

watching Leslie Neilson lose his mind during Day of the Animals was the quite the treat lmao
Oh yeah? You think that's a treat, hotshot?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hogama posted:

Oh yeah? You think that's a treat, hotshot?

I do, hotshot. I think it's even more of a treat than a size and a beer.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh Mikey!
The Dad's gasping when he finds the dead family is just amazing, funny poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

verbal enema posted:

It's really funny for to watch Nielsen do serious work around the same time he did Airplane (I know Day was a few years earlier). You keep expecting him to break out into shtick. Arguably he did but a different kind.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Crazier still to me is that George Kennedy won an Oscar, then did the Naked Gun stuff, then wound up in a Greydon Clark movie. What a career trajectory.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
It's like Ned Beatty showing up in Thunderpants and it's fantastic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Another Bill posted:

Crazier still to me is that George Kennedy won an Oscar, then did the Naked Gun stuff, then wound up in a Greydon Clark movie. What a career trajectory.

He also wrote a couple of mystery novels ... with himself as the main character.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Davros1 posted:

He also wrote a couple of mystery novels ... with himself as the main character.

Oh I'm so in for this. Kinky Friedman's self insert detective stories are some of my favorite rainy day reads.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the VOD version of D-Wars and it has really bad sound mixing.

Edit: Lol at how the movie starts with backstory, then a reporter has a flashback and in that flashback there's another flashback where it goes over the backstory again.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 4, 2022

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Those Leslie Nielsen scenes from Day of the Animals were....something.
Guess he was serious about not calling him Shirley.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 7, 2022

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
New Mary Jo and Bridget after school special featuring Ben Affleck and Madeline Kahn.

quote:

Wanted: The Perfect Guy

Thirteen-year-old Danny Coleman, played by 13-year-old Ben Affleck, thinks his single mother needs to meet a Mr. Right.

Using personal ads technology, he and his industrious best friend Melanie secretly put an ad in the local paper. The most important lesson from this 1986 Afterschool Special? The great Madeline Kahn can even garner an Emmy for an Afterschool Special!

Written by: Bridget Nelson and Mary Jo Pehl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF4klfGfuWc

ccubed fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 9, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seeing young Ben Affleck is weird.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When I saw the email I assumed they were doing The Voyage of the Mimi.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Those Leslie Nielsen scenes from Day of the Animals were....something.
Guess he was serious about not calling him Shirley.

those scenes kick rear end lmao

just thrashing that kid

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

MassRafTer posted:

When I saw the email I assumed they were doing The Voyage of the Mimi.

It always blows my mind that anyone other than 8 weird AG students at my middle school ever heard of that. But you can bet your rear end it taught me how to distill rainwater into drinkable water with some clear plastic. Also the phrase "five gallon bucket of peanut butter" pops into my head and I don't remember why.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

It always blows my mind that anyone other than 8 weird AG students at my middle school ever heard of that. But you can bet your rear end it taught me how to distill rainwater into drinkable water with some clear plastic. Also the phrase "five gallon bucket of peanut butter" pops into my head and I don't remember why.

Boy, this brings back some memories! My fifth grade teacher showed my class several of the episodes, and I had forgotten the title of the show until it was mentioned here. All I remember is that someone tapped on the side of the boat to communicate with a character that was deaf (iirc).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 11, 2022

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Another Bill posted:

re: George Kennedy

quote:

George Kennedy, a native of New York, joined the Army as soon as he turned 18 years old in 1943. Originally seeking to enlist with the US Army Air Corps, George found that his physical stature was more suited toward the Army. George's height, coming in at 6'4 and weight of over 200 pounds made it challenging to maneuver in an aircraft - But perfect to become a member of General George Patton's Army. Serving under Patton, Captain George Kennedy was a veteran of the Battle of the Bulge and had a distinguished service record; earning two Bronze Stars and four rows of combat and service ribbons.

That's a pretty impressive record.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Another Bill posted:

re: George Kennedy

He did a cop show in the 70s called The Blue Knight. I swear I remember seeing a scene in the opening credits where he's chasing a guy down the sidewalk and throws his baton at him. It catches him between the legs and brings him down.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Watched the Twilight riff for the first time in

At *least* five six years

One of my favorites, some really great goddamn jokes, the movie is pitch perfect for the riffing, great banter between the guys

Also holy poo poo some of those jokes have actively curdled and rotted holy *poo poo* some of those jokes yikes. It's really kind of unfortunate because it's an all timer of a riffing, but then you just have a random out of no where trans joke thrown in

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Check if you download a new copy from Rifftrax, and see if the files differ in any way. They’ve been removing that kind of stuff for a while. If not, report it and they’ll likely remove it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1547230382864699392

The very mind boggles.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Burkion posted:

Watched the Twilight riff for the first time in

At *least* five six years

One of my favorites, some really great goddamn jokes, the movie is pitch perfect for the riffing, great banter between the guys

Also holy poo poo some of those jokes have actively curdled and rotted holy *poo poo* some of those jokes yikes. It's really kind of unfortunate because it's an all timer of a riffing, but then you just have a random out of no where trans joke thrown in

The Transformers 2 riff is like this. At one point they just straight out call the word "hatchlings" gay.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheEliRiots/status/1548023883973812224

CHUCK CONNORS and RICHARD ROUNDTREE! Heck yes. This at least feels like it would be entertaining on its own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Day of the Assassin, a movie with CONSTANT BIRD NOISES.

Edit: Also Chuck Connors looks like someone shaved a chimpanzee.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 16, 2022

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

Day of the Assassin, a movie with CONSTANT BIRD NOISES.

Edit: Also Chuck Connors looks like someone shaved a chimpanzee.

I loved all the crappy Fords they were driving. And the tires squealing on dirt.

Also, the changing hair guy from Werwolf is in it.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It has that Beyond Atlantis problem of guys who look exactly the same. I kept losing track of which tall beefy white guy with dark hair was doing what.