Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Combat improves when you get some more upgrades and weapons but it never really more than functional. That was good enough for me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

drrockso20 posted:

Finally got around to trying Crash 4 since it's one of the PS+ games for July, and man I am not enjoying this one at all, the level design in this game is just plain mean in all the worst ways, and that's even with the game having an unlimited lives system as the default(ironically in some ways it feels more punishing than limited lives since the game locks content behind beating levels under a certain amount of lives per try)

Yeah the difficulty is complete whack. There have been so many timed were I just lose a mask or die and I have no reason why. the ranges of where an enemy will hit you are really not very clear. I guess they expect people to go straight from the previous games to this one, which is nuts for 20+ year gap between games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Now that I know the plot twist for Fatal Frame 5 I can't stop laughing at what an amazing 1-2 of complete character assassination and thematic and narrative vibe implosion of the first game. Laffo

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
AI2 finally came out in europe and I'm already talking to a lady who is real keen on the number 9, gimme that good stuff.

Barudak posted:

Now that I know the plot twist for Fatal Frame 5 I can't stop laughing at what an amazing 1-2 of complete character assassination and thematic and narrative vibe implosion of the first game. Laffo

I finally played 5 earlier this year, but it's been at least a decade since I played the first game (and I don't think I ever completed it), what was the switch?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I'm not even sure what would be considered the plot twist in FF5

Barudak
May 7, 2007

One of the characters is a half-ghost incest baby of the first games protagonist.

It been ages since I played the original so maybe my mind is fried but the ending vibe is definitely not conducive to that outcome and I recall the point being the dead brother explicitly wasn't the guy that taught the shrine maiden to love but was willing to fill his place for all eternity to make her happy

Edit: Not related to Fatal Frame, but I tried playing the new DJ Max game and the tutorial tells you to push Space Bar at one point and I'll be damned I must have a defective xbox controller because theres not a space bar in sight.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 9, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's not really a 'plot twist' it's a vaguely hinted at thing if you collect and read some optional documents in the game.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah I'm not even sure what would be considered the plot twist in FF5

Galuf is Krile's grandpa

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was never really interested in that Disco Elysium game you guys love, but the sequel looks pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFdPDnjvvpQ

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

That's not really a 'plot twist' it's a vaguely hinted at thing if you collect and read some optional documents in the game.

looking at the synopsis it also has nothing to do with the original, the inciting event was in the third game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I thought it was the third game too but I hadn't played either recently enough to be sure lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Yeah the difficulty is complete whack. There have been so many timed were I just lose a mask or die and I have no reason why. the ranges of where an enemy will hit you are really not very clear. I guess they expect people to go straight from the previous games to this one, which is nuts for 20+ year gap between games.

It's also super weird because the PS1 Crash games weren't super hard, and yet that was the hook they decided to hang 4's (they called the 8th Crash Bandicoot game Crash Bandicoot 4 come on Wrath of Cortex was literally Crash 4 in Japan) identity on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Having played the remaster of Crash 1 I contest the notion that they weren't 'super hard'.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Every 3D platformer from that era was made harder by the fact that they all ran at like 20fps and the camera angles weren't a solved problem.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Messed around with Scarlett Nexus on gamepass last night and it feels pretty fun to play. I just unlocked a hideout and I guess I'm supposed to Make Friends? But I just wanna kill poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Making friends helps you kill poo poo easier

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Every 3D platformer from that era was made harder by the fact that they all ran at like 20fps and the camera angles weren't a solved problem.

Klonoa wins again

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Will there be a crash 5 or are the devs making CoD weapon skins now

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Will there be a crash 5 or are the devs making CoD weapon skins now

Probably the latter, same with Spyro 4 :(

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Sakurazuka posted:

Having played the remaster of Crash 1 I contest the notion that they weren't 'super hard'.

They accidentally made the remasters harder by loving with the collision

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Caidin posted:

Wait, wait, hold up.

Digimon Survive got a release date after years of nothing and it's this month?

???

I think people aren’t really paying attention because it’s releasing right near when Live A Live and Xenoblade 3 come out. Not a good time to release another RPG.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Are you serious about Live A Live overshadowing anything? I expected it to be pretty niche.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1545751079685484544?s=20&t=5FfITb1h-sWElEwmljFWOA

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
French far-right journos gonna get a strongly worded letter from Compensated Lawman

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

*beededededoop* Sam, it's me, Saul Goodman. Did you know that you have rights? It's true. If you want to defend your rights, you can file a lawsuit at any time. You can do it from the phone in your quarters. Just tell me who you want to sue and I can take care of the rest.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

*beededededoop* Sam, it's me, Saul Goodman. Did you know that you have rights? It's true. If you want to defend your rights, you can file a lawsuit at any time. You can do it from the phone in your quarters. Just tell me who you want to sue and I can take care of the rest.

Sam Torter Bridges

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Rinkles posted:

Are you serious about Live A Live overshadowing anything? I expected it to be pretty niche.

It’s a Square Enix RPG that has gotten serious attention because it has never been released here before, got a HD-2D remake which those style of games has sold insanely well (Octopath and Triangle Strat have sold insanely well) and is getting high critical praise from previews.

Yes, I think it will overshadow a Digimon game of all things.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I don't know what options they have but given its Kojima I can see him going out of his way to get their asses

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kojima should make a game about the dangerous memetic spread of misinformation.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I missed something what brought this up?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What was the Fake News targeting ko-pro?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It was probably the idiot French politician posting pics of Kojima saying he was the one who killed Shinzo Abe.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

It was probably the idiot French politician posting pics of Kojima saying he was the one who killed Shinzo Abe.

It ran in Greek news too apparently

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm imagining someone in the far-right Telegram channel network making a (bad) joke that Kojima did it, complete with pictures, and a bunch of morons ran with it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol extremely weird

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

to be clear, if Kojima did it I would support him

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm imagining someone in the far-right Telegram channel network making a (bad) joke that Kojima did it, complete with pictures, and a bunch of morons ran with it

I can also see it being intentional because the first thing the fash do in these kind of situations is spread rumors that the assassin / school shooter / jaywalker was a trans pinko commie. A lot of times the media doesn't push back on it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s pretty cool that Sekiro has pocket sand as an attack that’s hideously overpowered on the vulnerable targets. I just realized I had that as an option and just started throwing clumps of it along with fireworks to ignore the third phase of a lategame boss.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

crash had a fixed camera though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

It’s pretty cool that Sekiro has pocket sand as an attack that’s hideously overpowered on the vulnerable targets. I just realized I had that as an option and just started throwing clumps of it along with fireworks to ignore the third phase of a lategame boss.

there's a boss whose speedrun strat is just a pattern of like, cut, cut, pocket sand, cut, cut, pocketsand