Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Keep in mind Warrior’s location card does 1 damage and adds 2 attack, making it a 6/9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

Keep in mind Warrior’s location card does 1 damage and adds 2 attack, making it a 6/9

nice

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way they revealed DH’s location card…

…but haven’t revealed what relics are(presumably DH’s gimmick this expansion) so it’s totally worthless as a reveal

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the dh legendary (Xy'mox) will generate/interact with Relics

it's getting revealed by Feno on wednesday

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 8, 2022

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

RatHat posted:

Fair enough, 6/9 seems a lot better than 4/10 here, and not just in the :69snypa: sorta way. While that's still not quite on par with the hero card IMO it has the capability to do a lot more damage to their board in a single turn.

As far as I can tell the play pattern when you play the sword most of the time will be 'it swings with rush, you hit something with your face, then you have a 4(or 6)/(1 to 4) minion on board that will likely get cleared before you get to do anything else with it'.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I think we can all at least agree that no matter what new cards they print, that the game is bad, and will continue to be bad until the servers shut down and/or the inevitable heat death of the universe when we will finally be forced to stop playing.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I accomplished a bit of a silly task I'd been going for tonight: I got 1st place with every hero in Battlegrounds. For fun, I charted the dates on which I first got 1st with them all.

God, I never want to play Sneed again.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I've casually tried to do that by always picking a hero that I know I haven't won with yet. I've made good progress over time, but it feels daunting when stuff is constantly added on. The same goes for all the achievements really. I like collecting them and seeing the number go up, but it's just so much extra piled on every single expansion.

edit: also, I'm sorry you didn't manage to do that when Sneed was pre-nerf. Playing him that first week was the closest I've ever gotten to spicy pretzel mustard.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I clearly have no idea how to pilot Control Shaman because I die to everything. Have real trouble if I lose board control early on.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Since Remornia's weapon isn't collectible it won't be available in The Juggernaught's pool, right?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Since Remornia's weapon isn't collectible it won't be available in The Juggernaught's pool, right?

As far as I know, no. I assume it'd be the same as all the Hooks and and the 3/2 you get from Sword Eaten.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I clearly have no idea how to pilot Control Shaman because I die to everything. Have real trouble if I lose board control early on.

the secret is to play wildpaw cavern on turn 4

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hard mull for Schoolings and the (2) or (3) Murlocs to get you to turn 4, then Wildpaw Cavern should carry you to the late game. The deck has no real mass removal options so I like to save the Command of Neptulons for the primary purpose of regaining the board should I lose it instead of just piling onto a board I already control.

e: \/ \/ \/ that too

Promoted Pawn fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 9, 2022

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Have real trouble if I lose board control early on.

...have you not drawn a Snowfall Guardian in any game you've played?

I recommend drawing and playing a Snowfall Guardian, followed by Brilliant Macaw next turn, followed by a Brilliant Macaw the following turn, just like every one of my Shaman opponents have done to me for the past 8 months, thus dealing with losing board control early on with little to zero difficulty

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

90% finally woo!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
drat mine is only 55%

keep on tonkin’

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I got the friend thing. Krataar #1361

edit: It's been grabbed.

Krataar fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 10, 2022

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yeah thanks for the game :)

desert bus was spectating and sent a friend invite to you also

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Krataar posted:

I got the friend thing. Krataar #1361

edit: It's been grabbed.

Watch Krataar get TONKED:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/dT3xrJv2FZbDPjepWijTUq

#TonkLyfe2022!!!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

New Tonk build because I have no shame, here we go!

### SeaCret Tonk
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Ice Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAePwBAiAB8cPoIAD8ZYDtpwDj84D5e8D5bAEC5zNAvKWA5+lA/uvA6S5A4PiA8KABKuNBKmfBOOfBOSfBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
No alignment druids on the final stretch to legend :toot: I was very relieved when the final boss druid ended up being prestor.
Context: playing boar priest to save my dust for the expansion.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAn7OxLub9Y

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

This was my favorite game from last year.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

So is the grind from D5 to legendary just awful?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Until you get to the point where you’re doing it with a 2x multiplier and getting back to legend every month, yes.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the more balanced (the less polarized) a meta is, the harder it is to actually get legend or climb for everyone

great system.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Man I had an awful session today.. lost 3 mirror matches which is pretty much my barometer for "it's not flowing today, time to ditch".

I think.. it's going to take me a little while into the next expansion to get back to legend :( the F2P run is a dud lol

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
What controls what power Brukan flips to, is it random? Because Holy gently caress getting 12 damage in two turns to face is a tedious way to decide games.

(The one from casting him then immediately on turn end going to Fire.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shockeh posted:

What controls what power Brukan flips to, is it random? Because Holy gently caress getting 12 damage in two turns to face is a tedious way to decide games.

(The one from casting him then immediately on turn end going to Fire.)

You can’t get the 2 powers you used on his Battlecry right away, and you can’t get the same power two turns in a row, but it’s otherwise random

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

RatHat posted:

You can’t get the 2 powers you used on his Battlecry right away, and you can’t get the same power two turns in a row, but it’s otherwise random

You can have it flip on turn end though, so you can Fire, end turn, flips to fire. Okay, so random, just prone to nonsense.

(I died to the Hero power three times after having a full board frozen for four consecutive turns. What an interesting gameplay experience it was doing absolutely nothing.)

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
EU Goons! I have a quest to watch someone win. My friendlist is barren, or at least none of them play this dumb game anymore.
Please add me: Oenis#2957

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you can also Brann the Brukan

and then Macaw it :shepicide:

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

For the first time in eight years of playing Hearthstone, I've finally crossed the 20k gold threshold. I've really been enjoying this expansion, I guess, though that is possibly because I don't play any ladder at all. I do my five weekly games for the quest and then just enjoy goofing around with decks that are interesting to me the rest of the time. I like most of the things Hearthstone is doing right now; I think Dredge is fantastic, I'm happy mechs came back, I'm very glad that the quests seem to have largely disappeared.

I don't know if I'm what you'd technically call a whale. I just play a lot of Hearthstone. I do buy one of the bundles for each expansion and I pay for the rewards track but other than that I don't buy anything. I think that I bought whatever the promotion was when they launched Mercenaries but I haven't paid for anything else for that mode or for Battlegrounds and I'm not likely to change that plan.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Excelzior posted:

you can also Brann the Brukan

and then Macaw it :shepicide:

The Macaw thing confused me for a little bit because I had a game where I killed someone by Macaw'ing Brukans' hero power and getting the exact same two options I picked when I did the original (the deal 6 damage + the 2/3 taunts).. So I figured the Macaw just picked the same choices that you did.. Then recently I was watching other people play the deck and the Macaw picked different options so it turns out that I just got insanely lucky that one time lol

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

NorgLyle posted:

For the first time in eight years of playing Hearthstone, I've finally crossed the 20k gold threshold. I've really been enjoying this expansion, I guess, though that is possibly because I don't play any ladder at all. I do my five weekly games for the quest and then just enjoy goofing around with decks that are interesting to me the rest of the time. I like most of the things Hearthstone is doing right now; I think Dredge is fantastic, I'm happy mechs came back, I'm very glad that the quests seem to have largely disappeared.

I don't know if I'm what you'd technically call a whale. I just play a lot of Hearthstone. I do buy one of the bundles for each expansion and I pay for the rewards track but other than that I don't buy anything. I think that I bought whatever the promotion was when they launched Mercenaries but I haven't paid for anything else for that mode or for Battlegrounds and I'm not likely to change that plan.

That's 200 Wild packs right there. Best value in the game.

In other news, up to Plat8:

### Sir Finley, Clown
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Clownfish
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (4) Tidelost Burrower
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAc+LBQbgBYQXm8QCnJsDqO4D5bAEDPgHvxeMlAO1mAPd7AOV8AOroATboASywQTCzgTFzgTu0wQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

EDIT: Plat5

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 11, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I maxxed out the reward track yet again this expansion

used the gold to buy several portraits when they rotated into the shop, as well as enough dust to craft some old legendaries I missed out on by joining Hearthstone late

specifically Mecha'thun and Zilliax.

I dont know if I'm going to get Nathria, I'm getting pretty bored with the way the Standard meta has evolved. I could see myself sticking to Wild and only crafting the standout cards from the new expansion.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Excelzior posted:

I maxxed out the reward track yet again this expansion

used the gold to buy several portraits when they rotated into the shop, as well as enough dust to craft some old legendaries I missed out on by joining Hearthstone late

specifically Mecha'thun and Zilliax.

I dont know if I'm going to get Nathria, I'm getting pretty bored with the way the Standard meta has evolved. I could see myself sticking to Wild and only crafting the standout cards from the new expansion.

Paying gold for portraits and card backs in pretty dumb when there are still cards you can get. The Wild packs are great though, they will get you a selection from ALL the cards. They are the best way to build a collection so that you can actually play the good version of the game (Wild) yet also improve your Standard collection.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Desert Bus posted:

Paying gold for portraits and card backs in pretty dumb when there are still cards you can get. The Wild packs are great though, they will get you a selection from ALL the cards. They are the best way to build a collection so that you can actually play the good version of the game (Wild) yet also improve your Standard collection.

Agreed on card backs, hard disagree on portraits. A good portrait brings me much more enjoyment than 15 packs worth of dust. I get enough dust just from nerfs and the free packs you get from drops (since I have the full standard collection already)

YMMV of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Yeah i'm def in the autistic NUMBER GO UP camp. I do appreciate a good portrait, but I hate paying for them.