Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
That model building game from Last Call BBS is straight crack. 2 hours gone like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

priznat posted:

Yeah it's like magic having a Gbit connection. I remember getting the first cable modem (after going 2400 -> 14.4k -> 57.6k) and being just like whoaaaaaa

It's funny though even though I have unlimited I still l question if I need to try out a new game pass game if it is over 20GB or so. I'm like data thrifty.

Going from 300 baud to 2400 was also nuts. If you had call waiting and forgot to turn it off that would kick you off too.

Now excuse me while I put on my velcro ortho kicks and do some hot laps around the mall.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
33.6 baud modem goon here. My mum used to crack up with me when she couldn't call home for 2 hours because the line was engaged. I don't know what the rest of the world was like but with UK ISPs, you got charged for every minute you spent online and it cost more during peak times. Madness.

The speed differences compared to that are incredible, I think it works out that a gigabit connection is something like 27,000 times faster.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
How is Civilization Revolution? Been eyeing it on the store sale as a quick pick-up-and-play strategy game for the couch. I've played a fair bit of Civ 3 and Civ 5 in years past but never looked much into this verison.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Space Racist posted:

How is Civilization Revolution? Been eyeing it on the store sale as a quick pick-up-and-play strategy game for the couch. I've played a fair bit of Civ 3 and Civ 5 in years past but never looked much into this verison.

Its good, but a word of warning. When you get late game, you have to start addressing needs of every particular city. As it goes from one to another, the game zooms out and then zooms in for every one. By that point most cities are doing what they're always going to do, so you end up switching between them really quickly. Every turn.

I remember getting minor motion sickness from that, and I'm not prone to that kind of thing at all.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Is the store acting weird for anyone else?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Space Racist posted:

I haven't played it in many years but I enjoyed it a lot. I'm also used to playing Civ on PC since the first one, and Civ Rev was still fun as a sort of civ-lite.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

So heads up, Amazon has digital codes for both soulcalibur 1 and 2. The code for 2 worked as expected, but the code for soul calibur 1 does not work. There are a lot of negative reviews saying the codes don't work and wario64 even follows up this tweet saying the same, but i ignored all of them because i just didnt think a code could not work. Dont make the same mistake i did.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
jumped into DJ MAX, and at least the UI of it is seeming a bit impenetrable. is there a way to configure the video/audio delay other than trial and error, starting and quitting songs? cuz F that noise

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DJ Max's tutorial has loving keyboard prompts, how the gently caress did this pass cert?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

half of the prompts in fall guys either don't work as directed or are playstations X and O

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I could have sworn a cardinal rule for a game to pass cert was that it displayed the right button prompts on a stock controller.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

kecske posted:

half of the prompts in fall guys either don't work as directed or are playstations X and O

I've only played this for a few hours, but haven't noticed anything wrong. Where are these?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Anyone else have Bioshock Remastered for Series X and get some weird visual bug? The best way I can describe it is certain textures have this blackish rainbow box drawn around them. Google turns up nothing because there's over a decade of Bioshock bug searches on a half dozen consoles.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

univbee posted:

I could have sworn a cardinal rule for a game to pass cert was that it displayed the right button prompts on a stock controller.

It is

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

kecske posted:

yea lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Edit nvm

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 9, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpkFuKh4CI

oh baby

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

DJ Max's tutorial has loving keyboard prompts, how the gently caress did this pass cert?

It also suggests you edit keybinds which don't exist.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

slave to my cravings posted:

Fall guys isn’t on game pass it’s just free

Fall Guys looked fun but it felt unfair to play a game babies play since I am a grown adult. Fortunately I'm as terrible at it as any other video game so I'm not ruining the babies' good times!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Fall Guys is packed with plenty of luck-of-the-draw and physics-y bullshit to even things out a bit. Now and then it becomes obvious when there's a toddler at the helm for some other hapless character, but most of the time it ends up being pretty fun and competitive.

Game's pulling in 50 million players. Just bonkers.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I was going to try Fall Guys but it said I needed an Epic account so I uninstalled it. I'm already logged into Xbox, I'm not logging into another goddamn service just so you can send me spam.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it pisses me off that not only does it force you to use an epic account, but literally won’t let you use PSN or Xbox live for invites, matchmaking, parties etc. like, I literally pay to use these services on these platforms and it’s loving wild to me that Microsoft and Sony would even allow the release of a game that blocks them on the manufacturers own console.

And epics invite system barely works

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Toaster Beef posted:

Fall Guys is packed with plenty of luck-of-the-draw and physics-y bullshit to even things out a bit. Now and then it becomes obvious when there's a toddler at the helm for some other hapless character, but most of the time it ends up being pretty fun and competitive.

Game's pulling in 50 million players. Just bonkers.

Yeah it's a lot of fun. 50 million players sounds like a poo poo ton. How does that fare against the other similar games out there?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

ColdPie posted:

I was going to try Fall Guys but it said I needed an Epic account so I uninstalled it. I'm already logged into Xbox, I'm not logging into another goddamn service just so you can send me spam.

I just clicked X and it automatically created an account and tied it to my Xbox account. That's it. I don't get what the big deal is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I kind of started to hate fall guys because I find the random luck of the draw nature of being eliminated super annoying. But started playing with a group and it’s way more fun.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I just clicked X and it automatically created an account and tied it to my Xbox account. That's it. I don't get what the big deal is.

Yeah, it was a completely painless experience. Like, way smoother than I thought it'd be, because I definitely assumed the worst.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Toaster Beef posted:

Yeah, it was a completely painless experience. Like, way smoother than I thought it'd be, because I definitely assumed the worst.

It's true. These things lose me if they make me go to a secondary location to do poo poo, but if I can just keep pressing x a few times and it's done I'm good.

Like gently caress Ubisoft trying to get me to download another app. gently caress that bullshit

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The funniest ubisoft thing is thinking their games are such hot poo poo that they should launch their own streaming/subscription service. Like hell yeah imagine all the Assassins Creed games at my finger tips for $15 monthly and hell maybe even Watch Dogs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah if nothing else the sign up for epic is painless. Actually using their social features is more of mixed bag.

But yeah I downloaded that iphone Diablo and couldn't remember my blizzard password so I just deleted the game. Sometimes I'd rather just not play a game if I have to gently caress around with some outside account or launcher.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Oh I guess I missed that there's a Skip button. Will try again, thanks.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005
My Epic free library is ~slowly~ creeping up on my Steam library ... and it's almost as equally un-played. Before buying a game on Steam I need to do double duty to make sure it's not on Gamepass, and that I haven't already gotten it free through Epic.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah if nothing else the sign up for epic is painless. Actually using their social features is more of mixed bag.

But yeah I downloaded that iphone Diablo and couldn't remember my blizzard password so I just deleted the game. Sometimes I'd rather just not play a game if I have to gently caress around with some outside account or launcher.
Why did you download Diablo Immortal?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

veni veni veni posted:

it pisses me off that not only does it force you to use an epic account, but literally won’t let you use PSN or Xbox live for invites, matchmaking, parties etc. like, I literally pay to use these services on these platforms and it’s loving wild to me that Microsoft and Sony would even allow the release of a game that blocks them on the manufacturers own console.

And epics invite system barely works

Well the PSN, Xbox, Switch and Steam friends/party invite systems don't work across platforms though.

So they had to invent some way to bypass it and as someone with friends on other platforms I appreciate them figuring out something that works. :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fanatic posted:

Well the PSN, Xbox, Switch and Steam friends/party invite systems don't work across platforms though.

So they had to invent some way to bypass it and as someone with friends on other platforms I appreciate them figuring out something that works. :)

Yeah but every other game I've played with crossplay has it a secondary option not as the only option.

RadioDog posted:

My Epic free library is ~slowly~ creeping up on my Steam library ... and it's almost as equally un-played. Before buying a game on Steam I need to do double duty to make sure it's not on Gamepass, and that I haven't already gotten it free through Epic.

yeah mine is the same size as my steam library and I have never even given Epic my credit card# lol. I also don't think I've installed a single game from my epic library.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Lammasu posted:

Why did you download Diablo Immortal?

Hope you're ready to ask this 10 million times

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Space Racist posted:

Hope you're ready to ask this 10 million times

I loving am.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Lammasu posted:

I loving am.

lol that game is absolutely trash

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

everything about that game is shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Soon it’ll be another fine Xbox Studios product.