Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

I think we all deserve one more today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Honestly, crime NEET would be a prime target for religions/cults. The main reason people get recruited into that poo poo is because they feel a need for a sense of purpose in their lives and a group of people that accepts them. Those things seem to be exactly what NEET is longing for at this point, so I think it's highly likely he'll take the bait.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Looking forward to NEET converting to some terrorist-adjacent form of Buddhism.

Then Oda slaps him upside the head and he quickly decides to quit.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

You're all nuts, The Daily Life of a Certain Cult Member is going to be awesome.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Is a cult member a NEET? I suppose in a way, laboring away on a compound is employment

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

I think we all deserve one more today.

Thanks for the hard work, and it's fun seeing your thought process for localization.

Also,

Moon Slayer posted:

You're all nuts, The Daily Life of a Certain Cult Member is going to be awesome.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Devils Affricate posted:

Honestly, crime NEET would be a prime target for religions/cults. The main reason people get recruited into that poo poo is because they feel a need for a sense of purpose in their lives and a group of people that accepts them. Those things seem to be exactly what NEET is longing for at this point, so I think it's highly likely he'll take the bait.

If they had gotten to him before Oda did I imagine that's exactly where this would have gone. I'm almost surprised it wasn't a branching point.

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
That interaction w the religous individuals reminded me of an anime about a neet I watched years ago - Welcome To The NHK. Was that mentioned in this thread before? I wouldn't be surprised if thats where I learned abt it.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

This NEET is the best NEET. Quit your lame job and play video games all day.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Hot Stunt posted:

This NEET is the best NEET. Quit your lame job and play video games all day.

… Oh, wait.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh hey I'm very familiar with this spiral.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Hello darkness my old friend.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
they called your bluff, Tohru. the only option is :neet:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wonder if they're this cult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceUSZBMeREY

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

S.O.S. (da da da deedeedeedee) started playing in my head before I even clicked the link.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Moonie NEET arc, let's go.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

I'm scared. :ohdear:

Sprue posted:

That interaction w the religous individuals reminded me of an anime about a neet I watched years ago - Welcome To The NHK. Was that mentioned in this thread before? I wouldn't be surprised if thats where I learned abt it.

I remember really liking that show. Those of you that think you hate anime but like The Daily Life of a Certain NEET might consider checking it out. It's available free on Funimation's streaming site provided you're willing to register an account and suffer through ads. I might do a rewatch myself.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

I made the same connection to Welcome to the NHK and highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. The show was my introduction to NEETs and the Hikkikomori lifestyle, something I kiiiiiiiind of related to when I was living a more reclusive life.

It's a very funny show that can go to very dark places. I wish I could find a clip of just the opening scene because they dive right into the main character's fragile mental state.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Welcome to the NHK is real good, I bet people that enjoy this comic might enjoy it too.

I'd also recommend The Tatami Galaxy for enjoyers of NEET comic. It's not about a neet, but the protagonist does spend waaaay too much time obsessing and thinking over little details, and does a similar splitting timeline thing of "what if I did X instead of Y?" It does have kind of the complete opposite pacing as NEET, though - don't worry if thongs feel like they're flying by at lightning speed and you're worried you miss something cus of it, it's intentional and even native Japanese speakers miss details because things fly by. Important stuff is either repeated multiple times or slowed down to make sure you don't miss it.

Millionaire Monday
Oct 4, 2021

The Daily Life of a
Certain (Ex-Con) Millionaire
begins!

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Was it actually just $100k, or is he underplaying it? I don't remember if we saw a number before.

Be funny if NEET thinks $100k is set for life, never need to work again, buy whatever you want money.

Millionaire Monday
Oct 4, 2021

The Daily Life of a
Certain (Ex-Con) Millionaire
begins!

Elukka posted:

Was it actually just $100k, or is he underplaying it? I don't remember if we saw a number before.

Oh, he's definitely underselling it. Remember, his original winnings was $2 million.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

The "no"s are Spanish of course.

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
:smith:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Oh poo poo, his still living parents are going to narc on him.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Loving this timeline already.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Brother Make posted:

The "no"s are Spanish of course.

Reminds me of that condescending 「日本語が上手ですね?」that all practicing speakers experience.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I feel a bit lost. What exactly are they so freaked out about? Izawa was glancing at a grocery catalog while testing? Who the gently caress cares?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Devils Affricate posted:

I feel a bit lost. What exactly are they so freaked out about? Izawa was glancing at a grocery catalog while testing? Who the gently caress cares?

They were goofing off. Chatting and not working

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

They were goofing off. Chatting and not working

For like 5 seconds! What a tense rear end work environment.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Devils Affricate posted:

Japan is all about the theater of appearing productive from what I understand. Never drop the kayfabe!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Also those guys are on thin ice for the leak

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Mr. Lobe posted:

Japan is all about the theater of appearing productive from what I understand. Never drop the kayfabe!

this accurately describes american offices too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Devils Affricate posted:

5 seconds that we saw. If baldy could even remember the last time he did something productive he could just say that's what he was currently up to.

"I was just...testing multiplayer against two people that aren't here in a game that shipped last month."