Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

dms666 posted:

Does anyone's Costco actually ever carry clothing in S size? I always see M and larger, especially in underwear.

I feel like I see smalls at Seattle area Costcos, but they're in short supply and usually go fast. Online is definitely the way to go, although prices are usually a bit higher. Pro tip: Costco.com seems to pretty much constantly have the "buy more and save" promo going on for most clothes (but not socks/underwear). If you can find 5 items that qualify for the promo that you want they knock off $20. A lot of the clothes become great deals at $4 off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I feel like I see smalls at Seattle area Costcos, but they're in short supply and usually go fast. Online is definitely the way to go, although prices are usually a bit higher. Pro tip: Costco.com seems to pretty much constantly have the "buy more and save" promo going on for most clothes (but not socks/underwear). If you can find 5 items that qualify for the promo that you want they knock off $20. A lot of the clothes become great deals at $4 off.

if you wait until you can hit that minimum 5 items deal, you can get some great bargains. Highly recommend if you need a bunch of things, remember you can always return stuff you don't need/want. I believe Costco just returns the item at the lower price after discount is evened out across the items

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah Seattle area has sparse smalls but I manage to buy them on occasion

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I think we determined there's one mix of sizes for the nation. So if there are no smalls or mediums your area is fit. If there are no xxxls you might live in Mississippi.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Jongga kimchi at Costco is really good

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Like just eat it out of the jar good

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

StormDrain posted:

I think we determined there's one mix of sizes for the nation. So if there are no smalls or mediums your area is fit. If there are no xxxls you might live in Mississippi.

No, you misunderstand. My Costco (and I assume the others complaining about not having the size) straight up will not have smalls in inventory. Peep the sign showing the price of whatever, it will say in the lower left "Sizes M - XXL"

No smalls at all.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Which is kind of crazy, because a small today is what a large used to be 15 years ago. I'm 6'6"/270, and I used to need a 2XL, but now even a large is often big enough.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anybody got opinions on the avocado mayonnaise that church sells? I'm gonna start making my own mayo soon but... not soon enough lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

StormDrain posted:

Maybe it's the opposite and they order too much of the sizes that people in your area actually buy... Mississippi is where you'd not be able to find a small shirt...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

binge crotching posted:

Which is kind of crazy, because a small today is what a large used to be 15 years ago. I'm 6'6"/270, and I used to need a 2XL, but now even a large is often big enough.

I uh, am almost 40 and have been wearing smalls my entire adult life since I am 5'9" 155.

I know there was or is a thing about pants and jeans upsizing without "up' sizing but this is the first I've heard of shirts. Used to not be an issue from what I can remember.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

KakerMix posted:

I uh, am almost 40 and have been wearing smalls my entire adult life since I am 5'9" 155.

I know there was or is a thing about pants and jeans upsizing without "up' sizing but this is the first I've heard of shirts. Used to not be an issue from what I can remember.

Oh yeah, I've been able to tell. Especially in some xl sizes. Maybe they've done most of the upsizing in the XL+ sizes.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

KakerMix posted:

I'm a bit incredulous of this claim as well. When I was 6'1" and ~215lbs I was having to size up to XL shirts, someone significantly taller than me fitting into L shirts would definitely not fit my experience.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

binge crotching posted:

6'2 and around 190-200 usually. I've worn medium since since 2006

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

Anybody got opinions on the avocado mayonnaise that church sells? I'm gonna start making my own mayo soon but... not soon enough lol

I like it, I mostly use it spread on the croissants as part of a croissant sandwich or in pasta salad. It does separate easily, just give it a mix if it does

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Even costco mediums are generally cut on the husky side, like a square instead of a rectangle for a shirt... just a smaller square. drat this long torso

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'm 6'9" 420 pounds and have worn a size Small since 1984

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Johnny Truant posted:

If it’s that giant Sir Kensington jar, the entire thing separated on me before I got to use it. I’ll probably never buy that quantity of mayo at once again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

I thought it tasted too much salad dressing/ miracle whip. I ended up pitching it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If Costco sells Duke's I will buy mayonnaise from Costco. Otherwise :cmon:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Soul Dentist posted:

If Costco sells Duke's I will buy mayonnaise from Costco. Otherwise :cmon:

they sell it by the gallon, OP

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 10, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wow and i get a french lesson right on the bottle. sold.

(i bought a used venge today :blastu:)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

In Canada we use French and English and Metric and Imperial we don't give a gently caress were all over the place.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

In Canada we use French and English and Metric and Imperial we don't give a gently caress were all over the place.

dats dope

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Chinatown posted:

(i bought a used venge today :blastu:)
:worship:

Hell yeah. Welcome to the carbon club. What groupset?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

:worship:

Hell yeah. Welcome to the carbon club. What groupset?

Di2 with an absoluteblack 2x chainring. needs a tune but rode nice today. its dummy fast. *servo noises*

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 10, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Chinatown posted:

Di2 with an absoluteblack 2x chainring. needs a tune but rode nice today. its dummy fast. *servo noises*
Di2 is the best, its crazy how good it actually is. sure there are purists who prefer mechanical and thats fine, but Di2 is soooo good

word to the wise, you can set the buttons to anything you want...

on my bike i have it set up so that the "lower" buttons on the shifter control the rear derailleur and the upper buttons are the front deraillier

easier gerars on the left and harder gears on the right.

im gonna get on my cervelo tomorrow, bomb some hills, and not stop for anything

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

also pics plz, gotta see the new ride

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

also pics plz, gotta see the new ride

in photos is kinda has a green tint but its deadass metallic gray with black top sections that have a super lowkey rainbow-sparkle flake.

numberoneposter posted:

and not stop for anything

who stops i mean lol nice signs and lights for idiots

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

on my bike i have it set up so that the "lower" buttons on the shifter control the rear derailleur and the upper buttons are the front deraillier
easier gerars on the left and harder gears on the right.

ok this seems the way IMO

gonna ride it to costco for a fuckign DOG + SODA next weekend. (just to keep this on topic.)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i rode my moto to costco and loaded my backpack with tide, coffee, and johnny sauce

the cafeteria was closed <:mad:>

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

:swish:

gently caress yeah, love specialized, lance did nothing wrong

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

they sell it by the gallon, OP

Not at my Kentucky location, unfortunately

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Goin to church today.

Which meat should I buy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Goin to church today.

Which meat should I buy.

HOT DOG

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

big salmon filet for the smoker

primal ribeye cut

the big bundle of pork belly strips

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Sams trip report: Bought a house brand polo shirt for less than $9 that is pretty good quality. Fits large because 'murica but at Uniqlo the same thing would have cost double.

Also the pre-made mashed potatoes are very good.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Craptacular! posted:

Sams trip report

Heretic!

Good trip today, it’s right down the street from where my twins have a parkour/ninja warrior class. Got back with 2 minutes to spare!

Biltong, sparkling water, flip flops, beer, water softener salt. PBUC.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Craptacular! posted:

Sams trip report