Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Kwyndig posted:

She mentioned in the episode where they sang in Grease style that she has a "huge vajay-jay"

Which happened first -- crotchwalking the oven, or tearing from her V to her A giving birth to Steve?

Brawnfire posted:

Gimme somma that Franny fanny! Gimme somma that Franny fanny!

Pump it up, pump it up

(did they write this with the double meaning in mind?)

Nep-Nep posted:

That's one of my favorite Francine lines and whoever wrote that deserves a prize or something.

This, "Boil water? What am I, a chemist?", and "You're a lunatic with a madman's dream of a milk-proof robot!" are some of my favorite lines of the show. :allears:

edit: Hoo boy what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I mean, she threatened to shove Steve back up her clown hole, rebirth him, and name him her bitch, so clearly she has a lot of room up there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2rkJwanMkg

That has to be one of my favorite episodes. So many good lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmfy2Ymrbk0

I still think of this one and laugh randomly.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I love how when Roger and Francine burn down the Blimpie shop, Roger reacts to the explosion and Francine doesn't. Francine is somehow more hardcore than Roger and that's a great visual example.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

One episode opens with her casually telling her family she killed her old roommate. Family Affairs or whatever it was with Roger cheating on the Smiths.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

FireWorksWell posted:

One episode opens with her casually telling her family she killed her old roommate. Family Affairs or whatever it was with Roger cheating on the Smiths.

She couldn't believe she hadn't mentioned it before! She stabbed her. :)

(I love this episode so much, lol)
(It's Family Affair, singular)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ollie North's gold is early season classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFV1uT-ihDo

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Zero One posted:

Golllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll......duh!

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Zero One posted:

"If I eat all the dirt, all that will be left is the gold!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Mister Kingdom posted:

Golllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll......duh!

Aaaaayyyy yoooouuuu! :haw:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Well I don't know about you but I'm going to wait until these white people go to sleep and then dig up that gold.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zero One posted:

Well I don't know about you but I'm going to wait until these white people go to sleep and then dig up that gold.

I loved that line because I was thinking the exact same thing. The gold is still there, and now you know exactly where it is, there's nothing stopping you from just redigging it up!

I normally don't like when comedy shows do the whole "we're acknowledging our own plot holes!" because they usually just treat that like a joke in and of itself, but American Dad takes the time to frame their meta observations in ways that are actually funny much in the same way classic Simpsons did.

Meta jokes can be funny, but meta isn't an inherently funny concept, and way too many comedy shows (especially animate ones) don't seem to realize that.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/anniierau/status/1540348177055977480?s=21&t=K4MNBvHJZOMcMTimVP6hng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fybrsbtvbsM

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I wonder who Linda Skeens's Emmylou Sugarbean will be. Hopefully she won't replace her ingredients with soggy napkins & gerbil meat.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

robin moore is roger.

Linda Skeen is Steve competing under a pseudonym because Stan doesn’t approve of non lumberjack/ crafting fair competitions.

Neither realizes who the other is as they descend into a blood feud while stan also desperately tries to find Linda skeen after becoming addicted to her canned tomatoes making up a terrorist plot so he can use CIA resources to do so. By coincidence the terrorist plot actually does exist.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 30, 2022

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
I made a Roger persona with Dalle 2

MisterDuck fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 3, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dr Egbert Pettibone

I just wanted to try my hand at a roger name

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

That's right, it's me; Doctor...Catfish? Eel? No, no, Catfish, it's Catfish. Doctor Catfish, here to cure what EELS ya, ha ha! *frowning, muttering under breath* should of gone with Doctor Eel...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I like how the left eye has eyes

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MisterDuck posted:

I made a Roger persona with Dalle 2

I can't quite explain why, but this has powerful "90's cartoon" vibes. This guy looks like he should be chatting up Duckman.

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
I used "western animation" to get the style so makes sense I guess?

I am also fond of these ones

and then this one from before I specified he needed to be gray

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
drat I’m still on the DALLE waiting list, I want to play with it so much.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1543699686422450177

Can't wait until he gets to 1,601. :toot:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Richard Showalter is a roger name

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Richard Showalter is a roger name

He'd pronounce is show - alter and be a producer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Francine says she's never seen Greg afraid before, except she saw him screaming as he was sucked into the sky during the hurricane episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There's also the matter of Stan's hair. It's pretty firmly attached, pullable, tearable, and growable in myriad circumstances despite not being real.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I feel like this was posted recently but I don't care. Another thread reminded me of this and it is truly a marvel how close to actual medical ads this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu8OmSD_A2w

I feel like I saw poo poo like this constantly on daytime television.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The spraypraint logo always gets me

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

YeahTubaMike posted:

There's also the matter of Stan's hair. It's pretty firmly attached, pullable, tearable, and growable in myriad circumstances despite not being real.

Isn’t it real again now?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

muscles like this! posted:

So Francine says she's never seen Greg afraid before, except she saw him screaming as he was sucked into the sky during the hurricane episode.

Later that day she got harpooned, the shock of that probably led to some short term memory loss.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Isn’t it real again now?

I thought the joke was everyone knew and no one cares. Stan decides he likes pretending and keeps the wig. Maybe I fever dreamed an alternate ending though.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

pixaal posted:

I thought the joke was everyone knew and no one cares. Stan decides he likes pretending and keeps the wig. Maybe I fever dreamed an alternate ending though.

That was in the episode "Chimdale". Everybody except Steve knew.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

muscles like this! posted:

That was a dream, Francine. And I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Pbbth.

Greg the egg.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
What the heck, the superintendent is voiced by Anjelica Huston

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Pbbth.

Greg the egg.

Speaking of eggs, I watched Shell Game yesterday, and I'm still amazed that such a fantastic episode could exist in the 14th season of any show.

Who knows, maybe I just have the egg madness :ohdear:

Plant MONSTER. posted:

What the heck, the superintendent is voiced by Anjelica Huston

I was pretty sure she was modeled after her too.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Speaking of eggs, I watched Shell Game yesterday, and I'm still amazed that such a fantastic episode could exist in the 14th season of any show.

Who knows, maybe I just have the egg madness :ohdear:

I was pretty sure she was modeled after her too.

It really is amazing the quality is what it is this late in the game, I don't think any other show has pulled that off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not a great sign for American Dad but TBS is now down to two scripted shows, American Dad and Miracle Workers. They used to have three but they decided to just not even air season 2 of Chad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, TBS is going to be an unscripted channel. I have no idea what they even plan on doing with TNT unless it's going to be all sports and syndication.

There's still a chance American Dad could live on at Adult Swim or possibly it could revert back to Fox Disney and be a Hulu original.

American Dad has the same problem that Chad has, it's not produced by Warner Media so they have limited rights beyond first airing.