Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

calling it a war is a bit generous tbh

It's a special operation :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Cease to Hope posted:

ya I was talking about dsmart, I just quoted the wrong post in a doublepost

I’m not the Derek Smart. I thought it was a funny username in 2005 while drunk after a breakup on Valentine’s Day. I subbed to the forum because Fashion SWAT made me laugh my rear end off on a bad day.

I’m not cool enough to code Desktop Commander, and my crazy doesn’t involve doxxing or legal threats!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

yogizh posted:

Why is it not banned by youtube then? If it was illegal they would definetly pull it from the site. Also woke and actual LGBT people are two different things.
Toss me a rope here, what are the standards? Am I have to act more responsibly than the largest video platform on Earth? Please release guidelines for foreigners who
study American culture remotely.

Edit: Do you realize that the rest of the mails are NSFW poo poo about dicks and sexual practices that have absolutely no place in a gaming guild that is supposedly for everyone?
You want right to post poo poo that 500 people just has to delete from their mailboxes, but start to freak out when I post this? Pathetic.

dang, this new thread is off to an awesome start

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Kick GEWNS.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Frank Frank posted:

Does Epsilon Squad still exist in some form? I mean, it will always exist in my heart.

You know where to find us. Condiment posted a car advice thread wanting a sports car and the lack of gtr talk was sad

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

It's a custom on eve bot related public forums to choose the name of a well-known Eve personality when making your otherwise anonymous account, by the way. While I'd believe that Innominate or, really, anyone was botting c. 2011 or so, because basically everyone was, 2018 is a harder pill to swallow. Botting was, in 2018 (and still is now,) a huge lightning rod -- it's essentially unfathomable that anyone with even the slightest public face would expose themselves to such needless risk. The reward isn't worth it.

I wouldn't dilute what could potentially be legitimate complaints with low effort stuff like this. Focus on quality, not quantity.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mastershakeman posted:

You know where to find us. Condiment posted a car advice thread wanting a sports car and the lack of gtr talk was sad

Yeah, I’ll swing by later today. I meant in-game. I had assumed the answer was no. Also hi T-rez.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Logged into jabber in the middle of yelling and it was just repeatedly "THIS CANNOT STAND" without anyone elaborating, so now I feel like I have a better idea of what's going on. Solidarity with mcwolf, nobody should have to put up with that poo poo. Also:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's a custom on eve bot related public forums to choose the name of a well-known Eve personality when making your otherwise anonymous account, by the way. While I'd believe that Innominate or, really, anyone was botting c. 2011 or so, because basically everyone was, 2018 is a harder pill to swallow. Botting was, in 2018 (and still is now,) a huge lightning rod -- it's essentially unfathomable that anyone with even the slightest public face would expose themselves to such needless risk. The reward isn't worth it.

I wouldn't dilute what could potentially be legitimate complaints with low effort stuff like this. Focus on quality, not quantity.

Yeah it’s not unusual for anyone who played eve in 2011 to have been smacked by CCP for h-bot usage. I finally got the flag on a few of my older accounts lifted in like 2020 after one of CCP’s mass warnings/bans/wallet drains from that period.

That time period was pre-anomaly. You belt ratted and groomed the spawns in tedious as gently caress monotony.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

andromache posted:

That time period was pre-anomaly. You belt ratted and groomed the spawns in tedious as gently caress monotony.

And if you interrupted "director-level chains," ooh boy, you were in for some hilarity trouble!

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Solus posted:

Shut the gently caress up Yogizh lmao

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Double post because gently caress you.

Also- a friendly reminder that I will never take EVE this seriously.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I organise empire ice ops and cheap refining for Russians who were newbies with one account when the sanctions hit, and it's a million times less stressful than 0.0 ever was. :)

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I like to shoot spaceships in eve online, a video-game.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

calling it a war is a bit generous tbh

Proxy boredom.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it makes sense that hardcore eve goons would have a lot of 4chan-type holdouts

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is it too late for 4chan to get SIDS? Or can it claim affluenza since it's still a teen and become even worse

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Actually I'm Q

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

This thread has certainly been an entertaining way to spend the morning coffee

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Bilirubin posted:

This thread has certainly been an entertaining way to spend the morning coffee

I read the whole thing and I still have no idea what happened.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bob Socko posted:

Sir, sir!! I’ll have you know Sigma still exists and Sirhan Blixt is a gentleman and a scholar.

Sigma is where I go to POST !!!!!!! (once every six months)

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

I get being frustrated with Mittens, goon decisions, whatever. Mittens has many bad aspects about him and his eat my rear end poo poo was a major part of why I eventually left the Imperium. But still... walking away with everyone's isk is pretty poo poo no matter how you spin it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

LegionAreI posted:

Honestly, me either. The whole screed reeked of word salad. I don't even know who the "director" who instigated this whole thing is.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SHISHKABOB posted:

Sigma is where I go to POST !!!!!!! (once every six months)

Oh wow I read the rest of the thread from there to now lol

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Honestly, me either. The whole screed reeked of word salad. I don't even know who the "director" who instigated this whole thing is.

I’ll try to keep this high level…

Girl gamer has issues with a creeper. It bubbles up to a callout thread in the forums. Person called out does a thread of his own where he quickly dove straight to “all of you are named in my suicide note” level of unstable.

Standard goon protocol is initiated where threads are locked/hidden and all parties ejected to cool down while “top men” attempt to figure out wtf.

Standard goon protocol is not a good look in 2022, so drama ensues.

As “top men” sort through details girl gamer is unbanned. But directors trying to control dumpster fires in elysium and forums squeeze hard and break a fnln. Again.

There’s nuances around what was reported when and different interpretations of what was actionable and what was even being asked for. I’m not getting into any of that because I have no interest in timelines or the sad details of people’s lives.

My personal takeaway is that we have a bureaucracy designed to efficiently do things in space. It’s not designed around handling social drama. Cryo has plans within plans to make things better there and I personally think he cares enough about the issue to make marked improvements if some of the more chaotic neutral deltas give the man time to work.

andromache fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 10, 2022

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

LegionAreI posted:

From what I gathered.

Someone was trying to white knight the directorate about the way they handled a thing, while having no involvement in the thing.

That someone had a meltdown and went fuckgoons.

That same someone is continuing to white knight and melt down on every forums that they can by making unsubstantiated claims with no real proof, while trying to Jerry Mcguire people to their cause on the way out.

Nerds and streamer drama, more at 11.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Magugu posted:

From what I gathered.

Someone was trying to white knight the directorate about the way they handled a thing, while having no involvement in the thing.

That someone had a meltdown and went fuckgoons.

That same someone is continuing to white knight and melt down on every forums that they can by making unsubstantiated claims with no real proof, while trying to Jerry Mcguire people to their cause on the way out.

Nerds and streamer drama, more at 11.

"White Knighting" :allears:

JFC folks

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

andromache posted:

My personal takeaway is that we have a bureaucracy designed to efficiently do things in space. It’s not designed around handling social drama. Cryo has plans within plans to make things better there and I personally think he cares enough about the issue to make marked improvements if some of the more chaotic neutral deltas give the man time to work.

Delta's only True Neutral Delta checking in.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Vilgan posted:

I get being frustrated with Mittens, goon decisions, whatever. Mittens has many bad aspects about him and his eat my rear end poo poo was a major part of why I eventually left the Imperium. But still... walking away with everyone's isk is pretty poo poo no matter how you spin it.

I find it pretty hilarious, mostly because it's not my isk, and also because gently caress EVE.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Vilgan posted:

I'm still struggling to wrap my head around what the gently caress has actually happened. That Yogizh is being a unfunny moron ITT is not news sadly because that is entirely consistent with everything he does.

It's disappointing to hear that leadership didn't take the time to understand what was going on in a case of sexual harassment, I'd really like someone to fill in the blanks there, was it a "we don't beleive you and we're booting you for complaining" thing? Or a "drama has been caused so we're kicking everyone as if it was to do with ratting" thing? Neither of these are good, mark you but noone seems to know what actually happened.

Is FNLN's goon handle Visavis Qed? because if so I find the timing of all this quite suspicious. I've noticed him spending the last 2-3 days whining and making effort posts about how the market is going under and ranting in elysium that EVE is dead etc etc we should all just stop playing. Regardless of the truth of that, as soon as I saw that he was managing an investment fund I thought to myself "this sounds an awful lot like an exit scam". Noone was particularly biting on his claims and to log on today and find out that he's suddenly gone "gently caress goons, this is the last time i support you for what you did 13 years ago" seems a bit weird.

FNLN did you lose all the investment money?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

NtotheTC posted:

I'm still struggling to wrap my head around what the gently caress has actually happened. That Yogizh is being a unfunny moron ITT is not news sadly because that is entirely consistent with everything he does.

It's disappointing to hear that leadership didn't take the time to understand what was going on in a case of sexual harassment, I'd really like someone to fill in the blanks there, was it a "we don't beleive you and we're booting you for complaining" thing? Or a "drama has been caused so we're kicking everyone as if it was to do with ratting" thing? Neither of these are good, mark you but noone seems to know what actually happened.

Is FNLN's goon handle Visavis Qed? because if so I find the timing of all this quite suspicious. I've noticed him spending the last 2-3 days whining and making effort posts about how the market is going under and EVE is dead etc etc we should all just stop playing. Regardless of the truth of that, as soon as I saw that he was managing an investment fund I thought to myself "this sounds an awful lot like an exit scam". Noone was particularly biting on his claims and to log on today and find out that he's suddenly gone "gently caress goons, this is the last time i support you for what you did 13 years ago" seems a bit weird.

FNLN did you lose all the investment money?

Mittens wants to kick anyone for airing grievances publicly. Doesn't matter if you are right or if its justified. For the most part its not a problem as these grievances are just trivial game related bullshit and who cares. It is a problem when its stalking and not getting handled.

FNLN has gone gently caress goons. Its the equivalent of burning down your local mom and pop restaurant in a riot over police brutality. The people most punished are the small business owners, but the fires are just annoying enough that the powers at be might be more obliged to actually do something.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Thanks, that makes sense. Hopefully better protocol can be derived from the incident so things go smoother if something happens again. (It will.)

Every organization has really dumb rules that make it look bad - it literally took my workplace 2 1/2 years to institute disciplinary procedures against people who clearly and blatantly broke rules because of red tape. This allowed said people to consistently poison the well on related issues until HR managed to have them removed pending getting the disciplinary hearing, which was an ordeal in itself.
If an organization isn't ready for a particular flavor of drama, then it's real easy to look stupid, choose poorly, and make people mad, and sometimes the only way to make those procedures is to have poo poo happen.

This goes double for goons and the vast amount of colorful personalities involved.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

Its the latter. People (mostly Deltas) are kicking a fuss because it's the third instance this year of Directorate having poor response and communication in these situations.

We are not posting specific details for privacy reasons, the aggrieved parties from these incidents can do so if they wish.

To be clear: No one here is maliciously starting poo poo. We want GSF to be a better organization for all who join it, and because most of us aren't space important, and this isn't a space democracy, poo poo talking directors so they start paying attention is the only button we have to push, even if it means getting airlocked.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

who's the clown who thinks that saying you're an attack helicopter is as valid as genuine gender dysphoria

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

FirstnameLastname posted:

Mittani came in and powertripped without thinking and I'm done with his stupid fantastical powertrip because he's so poisonously uncharismatic he has no other option but to take power and force people to laugh at his jokes - they're not funny. "Eat my rear end" hahaha hilarious say it again Alex I miss your soul patch and when you were the best man at Dan Dargon's wedding in an effort to gain his good graces for videogame power and when you tried to commit international corporate espionage by pushing a member - another goon - to seduce a "usefully homosexual" CCP employee to gain ingame advantages back in 2008 when you could blackmail someone for being gay. This is the guy you're following. I thought he changed; he has not at all. He's just a sad guy addicted to power. Some of the directors are chill, but most of them are like him and waiting for him to croak pretty much. They can't change.

Now wait for the damage control!

explain how i'm such a lovely guy that 60+ goons have given me hundreds and hundreds of billions of isk based off pure trust and reputation alone because I loved that community and had a strong connection to and and I thought that it was run by people who weren't scumbags who are going to drag it into the trash because they've lost all sense of right and wrong & only care about being perceived as in control at all times.

Good luck! Firstname Lastname Always Gets His

The other day I was randomly thinking about that picture from that wedding where him and Mittani were sitting somewhere looking drunk and Remedial had a stain the exact same size and shape of a slice of pizza on his shirt and how funny that was to me. I agree with what you have been saying itt and urge everyone who doesn't know FNLN to take his knowledge of Goonfleet past seriously.

Hope you are doing well, hit up Gary on Steam sometime.

Frank Frank I also hope you are doing well and I'm sorry I made fun of your driving your GTR like 100mph+ on some PA (I think) highway a long time ago since I think it legit made you mad and I was just joking around and I remember these things 10 years later for some reason.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Alone in the Dork posted:

This is what happens when edgy gamerwording teens get older and try to cover up their impulses with "Cultural Revolutions".

Funny how the end result is having to riot every time Innom sits on a case for a fiscal quarter, then a bunch of hamfisted carpet bombings are the result, when BEING DILIGENT WITH THE ROLE YOU ASSUMED would've prevented a lot of harm.

Also revolutions are 360 degree turns, you dont go anywhere new doing those.

In agreement with FNLN, Mittens, you're criminally unfunny. Let cryo and jay write your burns from here on out, it's pathetic when you try
this asf

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

MRC48B posted:

Its the latter. People (mostly Deltas) are kicking a fuss because it's the third instance this year of Directorate having poor response and communication in these situations.

We are not posting specific details for privacy reasons, the aggrieved parties from these incidents can do so if they wish.

To be clear: No one here is maliciously starting poo poo. We want GSF to be a better organization for all who join it, and because most of us aren't space important, and this isn't a space democracy, poo poo talking directors so they start paying attention is the only button we have to push, even if it means getting airlocked.

Makes sense, thanks! Both for doing that and explaining

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

At 28 minutes, we all got a hilarious peek into the sheer amount of cope TEST has been snorting.

https://youtu.be/pSh-AZpWtzc

"I'd rather die"

"We're the alliance having fun" "Are we?"

"We won, according to the EULA"

----

SoundCloud of the good bits from above
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/ox1fnb/please_dont_black_list_me_for_leaking_this/

----

Vote Delta Sqad
https://youtu.be/cSg4QeoXS2A

----

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-oSLuiQXqQ

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

are sputty and jake still insane racists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Frank Frank I also hope you are doing well and I'm sorry I made fun of your driving your GTR like 100mph+ on some PA (I think) highway a long time ago since I think it legit made you mad and I was just joking around and I remember these things 10 years later for some reason.

No you were right. That was incredibly dangerous and stupid and I don’t do that sort of thing anymore. I could have killed myself or some innocent motorist. I don’t remember getting mad at you (Alesund?) but I apologize for being a dick about it when you were absolutely 100% correct if you called me an idiot.

Edit: back then it was a supercharged 370z but the idiocy is the same

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 10, 2022