Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

LifeSunDeath posted:

the pixelray site lets you watch it generate. it starts from colorful splotches and transforms over time to an image, it's bonkers.
"San Jose Shark forcing a nerd to eat eggs"

https://replicate.com/pixray/text2image

it reminds me of when I used to stare at the wood grain on my closet door until I'd see things in it

I remember one specific patch that always looked like a detailed drawing of the hookah smoking caterpillar from alice in wonderland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

TIP posted:

it reminds me of when I used to stare at the wood grain on my closet door until I'd see things in it

I remember one specific patch that always looked like a detailed drawing of the hookah smoking caterpillar from alice in wonderland

apophenia

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Can it make Magic Eyes™?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

pareidolia

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

TIP posted:

sidenote: they've added inline ads to craiyon and the screenshot button now includes them

I sincerely hope it's just a mistake, because having to crop the screenshots makes that button pointless
The original HuggingFace url is still working and the screenshot button doesn't put ads in...

:stare:

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

TIP posted:

pareidolia
I hardly know her!

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

these are great, poo poo activated on that one

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That first one

“Do I really gotta eat ‘em?”

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Burning Rain posted:

This is midjourney doing the prompt:

There's no lack of images online with carabinieri though, so it wasn't too complicated. I tried feeding it a similar prompt in Latvian and it just spat out random Latvian-themed images. Substituting carabinieri with Latvian words worked if they were common ones. This was "Two meitenes standing next to their bikes in Tuscany, landscape baroque oil painting" ("meitenes"="girls"):

Cheers, thanks. Impressive stuff. I wonder where the cutoff point begins for "too obscure". Things like "Ostwind Flakpanzer" might actually work if the AI has/had access to world war 2 resources with photographs?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

Deltasquid posted:

Cheers, thanks. Impressive stuff. I wonder where the cutoff point begins for "too obscure". Things like "Ostwind Flakpanzer" might actually work if the AI has/had access to world war 2 resources with photographs?

Well, this is "biblically accurate ostwind flakpanzer" so I guess you'll have to go deeper than that.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

doctorfrog posted:

has anyone tried "photograph of a hand" or simply "fingers?"

whoa wow

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

LifeSunDeath posted:

these are great, poo poo activated on that one

right? almost all of them are rad

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Just got into the midjourney discord and ran some more reaper eating a reaper, tried modifiers but it didn't really change anything:

I like that last one where his rear end explodes

oh I upscaled a few and it looks like he's snorting the pepper:

drat reaper looking scary af

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 9, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

not mine, but Juggalo Baptism

this one I ran, "santa claus lost in the backrooms"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

"Olive Garden if it was a person but still with unlimited bread sticks."

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
How detailed can the prompts be? Like if I wanted to see a "demon with no head, two right arms of different lengths and no left arm, skunk face on left knee, and wearing a rainbow jumpsuit with dozens of pockets", is there some special way you'd have to organize the prompt to output what you want?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

upscaled 4th image:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

How detailed can the prompts be? Like if I wanted to see a "demon with no head, two right arms of different lengths and no left arm, skunk face on left knee, and wearing a rainbow jumpsuit with dozens of pockets", is there some special way you'd have to organize the prompt to output what you want?

Dall-e 2 misses most of that prompt and just makes a regular demon in a rainbow jumpsuit. Perhaps you could get closer by strategically using the erase and regen function a few times.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

for midjourney not really, it kinda mushes things up

for Dalle you can select a portion of the image and repaint it, so the skunk knee should be fairly easy to do using that method (as far as I know)

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Tunicate posted:

for midjourney not really, it kinda mushes things up

for Dalle you can select a portion of the image and repaint it, so the skunk knee should be fairly easy to do using that method (as far as I know)

That's kinda what I thought would happen, thanks for running it through! I'm sure as they get more sophisticated, you could have multiple details like that and it would produce things that were closer.

Most of the good ones seem to lean on stuff in the style of famous artists or use a famous person that already encapsulates those kinds of details, it seems.

Like, describing Buddha's or Kermit's physical characteristics instead of using the actual proper name would probably lead to less interesting outputs.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Not exactly what I was going for, but some of these are kinda spooky.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

BABY SEAL BREADBURSTER

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 10, 2022

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Monica Lewinsky at a hot dog eating contest:

Slenderman 1960s album cover:

Star wars directed by Wes anderson

Pikachu in dealey plaza, 1963

The big Lebowski in the style of Edvard munch

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

damnit my midjourney trial ran out and I only made the stupidest poo poo.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

LifeSunDeath posted:

damnit my midjourney trial ran out and I only made the stupidest poo poo.

you used it correctly

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

did some monster manual covers in midjourney

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Tunicate posted:

did some monster manual covers in midjourney

Man, I really want to see more old school D&D art, that newer style just does nothing for me. I doubt it has enough exposure to like DCC RPG style art to make a real go at it, though. Maybe in the style of 60s fantasy paperback would get something closer?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Strange Aeon posted:

Man, I really want to see more old school D&D art, that newer style just does nothing for me. I doubt it has enough exposure to like DCC RPG style art to make a real go at it, though. Maybe in the style of 60s fantasy paperback would get something closer?

try asking it to draw things "in the style of erol otus"

God drat AI people it give me an account I have so many arts to make :argh:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Rutibex posted:

God drat AI people it give me an account I have so many arts to make :argh:

I know, it’s killing me. Anyone got any good tricks to getting in? :pray:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I have midjourney invites still, pm if you want

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

A Strange Aeon posted:

I'm not familiar with the specifics of this art, but I did like a ton of the line art from Shadowrun books in the 90s

"1965 Dungeons and Dragons monster manual line art"

"1965 Dungeons and Dragons monster manual inked line art of Medusa"

I removed "inked line art" and it spit scary stories to tell in the dark style out:

Changed the prompt again, this time to "1965 Dungeons and Dragons monster manual art of Medusa, full color"

Dall-E is super context sensitive, and I find that specifying a year rather than saying something like "the 70s" makes it stick closer to a particular style, even if it doesn't exactly get it right. These are all cherry picked of course, but the first runs, I didn't iterate on any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

KakerMix posted:

I'm not familiar with the specifics of this art, but I did like a ton of the line art from Shadowrun books in the 90s

"1965 Dungeons and Dragons monster manual line art"

"1965 Dungeons and Dragons monster manual inked line art of Medusa"

I removed "inked line art" and it spit scary stories to tell in the dark style out:

Changed the prompt again, this time to "1965 Dungeons and Dragons monster manual art of Medusa, full color"

Dall-E is super context sensitive, and I find that specifying a year rather than saying something like "the 70s" makes it stick closer to a particular style, even if it doesn't exactly get it right. These are all cherry picked of course, but the first runs, I didn't iterate on any of them.

Now that is what I'm talking about! Very cool! That's exactly the style I was imagining and personally find really evocative. It's cool to see it able to channel that style even if you don't mention the specific artists.